"This facility is a country club"

Hi AB19. I want you to know that I'm only here because this is open for anyone on the internet to see and I've gotten multiple notifications from people, some in our facility some not, about your posts and I'd be remiss if I let you openly talk trash about me and your fellow coworkers unchecked. May I be the first to remind you that about 3 months ago we fought and won the ability to restructure our pay scale so that trainees earn their raises much sooner than they have in the past. It's a complete lie that "everyone will tell you to shut the fuck up if you bitch about not making any money on AG pay." Every single person who has come through MAF in the past 10 years has had to go through the same problem and everyone sympathizes. We've been fighting hard to get greater and better training opportunities for all of our trainees. All of our CPCs are eligible to train and they do so 6 days per week, even some of our supervisors will throw themselves into the rotation and train to meet our goals. It's supremely disrespectful to imply that we don't care, especially after how hard we've fought for you in your personal training career.

Let this serve as a reminder that ATC is a small community and there's no escaping your reputation, especially when you post openly and proudly on the internet about how you hate your facility and your coworkers. Best of luck at RTF!

Sincerely,
Your NATCA Rep
Kid’ll have a Hardship to TPA before the toilet flushes.
Any takers?
Didn’t think so.

I didn’t know blasting co workers was stating how multiple people here told trainees to suck it up when it came to pay.
Now now, most of us know nothing about the true situation at MAF so let’s not crown this Fac Rep king for calling out a punk, or honor this trainee for calling out his facility. It is probably a bad idea to post where you are at on this or to call out a building or person as specifically as has been going on.

But either story could be true. There are certainly punk/entitled new hires, especially recently who should be put in their place. But there is also a decade long tradition of low level up/downs with god complex establishment senior controllers and a ATM/Fac Rep combo who are essentially the same person, and not in a good collaboration way, and training programs at those places can be abysmal.

So again, I don’t know what the case is here, or if it is probably something in the middle. Let each side tell their piece if they wish but without knowing the full story let’s not glamorize either side. There are no winners here just victims.
not blaming the FacRep since they’ve been doing a good job since they became the FacRep, but nothing I said is incorrect, people here told people just to suck it up instead of wanting things to get better for new people since they were already cpc. Everyone may have been a hyperbole but doesn’t change the fact people had the mentality I said. I frankly could give two shits about anyone’s opinion in the agency, and if he wants to feel that way instead of sending a text message that’s fine. But that doesn’t change the fact what I said is true.

I didn’t know blasting co workers was stating how multiple people here told trainees to suck it up when it came to pay.

not blaming the FacRep since they’ve been doing a good job since they became the FacRep, but nothing I said is incorrect, people here told people just to suck it up instead of wanting things to get better for new people since they were already cpc. Everyone may have been a hyperbole but doesn’t change the fact people had the mentality I said. I frankly could give two shits about anyone’s opinion in the agency, and if he wants to feel that way instead of sending a text message that’s fine. But that doesn’t change the fact what I said is true.
If you think it’s not like what you’re trying to describe at most facilities throughout the country you might want to reconsider. You’re going to run into old grumpy trainers everywhere. Just something to consider.

If you think it’s not like what you’re trying to describe at most facilities throughout the country you might want to reconsider. You’re going to run into old grumpy trainers everywhere. Just something to consider.
If you’re telling me I should reconsider my career choice because people are inconsiderate, I’m sorry to inform you my skin is much thicker than that

Sometimes how and where you say something means more than what you actually said. Especially in the ATO where rumors and controversy spreads faster than they would at a highschool dance.

But that doesn’t change the fact what I said is true.

Its typical group think that 20 people insta-like the alleged Facrep rant like its a sporting event and he "burned" you. You have every right to your opinion and you have pointed out legit things. That kind of post is obviously meant as a shot across the bow and tacit intimidation tactics. Super immature for someone in that position, now your relationship w them and NATCA is likely burned. You represent everyone, even the people who say and think unpopular things. But yeah he oooo burn he got you with a real zinger in the meantime breh. Congrats on trying to embarrass someone under the guise of "I getting multiple emails!!! Super debasing to the organization. Will the next post be challenging you to an honor duel? Call you out to the playground at recess? I'm sure SW RVP is super happy his reps are trolling in an official capacity. Good luck at RTF? shame on you. disgusting.

To all you self righteous ones who think you have "power" over peoples lives and like to strong arm people just for giving an honest opinion, FU*& YOU. There is a warm place in hell for you.

So anyway I'm gonna go ahead and take MAF out of the country club category. Unless getting a spanking by your sensitve facrep gives bonus points? :lol:

Spank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its typical group think that 20 people insta-like the alleged Facrep rant like its a sporting event and he "burned" you. You have every right to your opinion and you have pointed out legit things. That kind of post is obviously meant as a shot across the bow and tacit intimidation tactics. Super immature for someone in that position, now your relationship w them and NATCA is likely burned. You represent everyone, even the people who say and think unpopular things. But yeah he oooo burn he got you with a real zinger in the meantime breh. Congrats on trying to embarrass someone under the guise of "I getting multiple emails!!! Super debasing to the organization. Will the next post be challenging you to an honor duel? Call you out to the playground at recess? I'm sure SW RVP is super happy his reps are trolling in an official capacity. Good luck at RTF? shame on you. disgusting.

To all you self righteous ones who think you have "power" over peoples lives and like to strong arm people just for giving an honest opinion, FU*& YOU. There is a warm place in hell for you.

So anyway I'm gonna go ahead and take MAF out of the country club category. Unless getting a spanking by your sensitve facrep gives bonus points? :lol:

View attachment 3377
I was also surprised to see the immediate support for the Fac Rep. 20 likes in a hour or so is probably close to a record here. I would not be surprised if this is on "The Landline" soon. Again, maybe the Fac Rep is right, he seems to be new in position and full of energy. But it does seem like a unneeded public escalation and mob think is never good. This thread was dead for literally 3 weeks before that post reignited it. It is something I would have addressed in house, but since it was already out in public I understand the response, it's just not how I would have done it.

Now that's how you make a great supervisor! When Cheeto Jesus gets re-elected and the contract expires and the EO's go in to effect this dude is going to be gunning for the facrep!

Please update us in 2 years when shit hits the fan.

View attachment 3377
I have no intention of carrying on a petty forum argument so this will be my only response to anything in this thread.

I have no intention of silencing anyone’s opinions. Anyone is welcome to voice their thoughts, if that means venting their frustration on a public thread then so be it. However, I wish to be afforded the same opportunity and that includes defending myself and offering a defense when charged with bold claims.

The reason I bothered to come here in the first place was to remind everyone, not just my facility coworker but everyone on this website, that people all over the internet have full access to everything posted and people pay attention to it, for better or worse. However, I am an imperfect person so if that message didn’t come across clearly then it was my mistake. I have no intention of using any kind of union authority to blackball someone’s career, in reality I came here to caution that mistakes can cause a blackballing of one’s own career. It’s also comical to me that “best of luck at RTF” was interpreted as a threat, as if I could make a phone call to the non-FAA/NATCA contractors instructing at RTF and persuade them to fail someone in a pass/pass class or something, but anyway.

I encourage people doing research into prospective facilities to do more than just read the comments posted to this website because sometimes one person’s perspective isn’t exactly accurate, for better or worse. Welcome to the internet where we’re free to argue and disagree.

I have no intention of carrying on a petty forum argument so this will be my only response to anything in this thread.

I have no intention of silencing anyone’s opinions. Anyone is welcome to voice their thoughts, if that means venting their frustration on a public thread then so be it. However, I wish to be afforded the same opportunity and that includes defending myself and offering a defense when charged with bold claims.

The reason I bothered to come here in the first place was to remind everyone, not just my facility coworker but everyone on this website, that people all over the internet have full access to everything posted and people pay attention to it, for better or worse. However, I am an imperfect person so if that message didn’t come across clearly then it was my mistake. I have no intention of using any kind of union authority to blackball someone’s career, in reality I came here to caution that mistakes can cause a blackballing of one’s own career. It’s also comical to me that “best of luck at RTF” was interpreted as a threat, as if I could make a phone call to the non-FAA/NATCA contractors instructing at RTF and persuade them to fail someone in a pass/pass class or something, but anyway.

I encourage people doing research into prospective facilities to do more than just read the comments posted to this website because sometimes one person’s perspective isn’t exactly accurate, for better or worse. Welcome to the internet where we’re free to argue and disagree.
Ok boomer

Most bullies back down when punched back.

"I swear to god honey, it will NEVER happen again. I'm not like that!"

I would dump this guy.

This site should be used to exchange information including opinions among controllers and prospectives (can we get leather jackets?) being so a fair opportunity for the facrep to voice their side should he warranted and not considered an attack by the anti-establishment types in here. A bunch of likes doesn't mean much, probably it's just nice to get a view from a self-professed union leader for some people. Either way it'd be nice to get a good understanding about MAF for people that are looking to/or will be going there that encompasses all side rather than just negative views.

MAF is my first facility. Ive been here a little over 3 years now and think its been pretty good starting place overall. Sure we have grumpy controllers here and there (who doesn't) and staffing is pretty low at the moment, but we did just let 4 people go on NCEPT and had 2 controllers promoted to supervisors. Its my understanding that some facilities have yet to release anyone on NCEPT. Weve had pretty good influx of trainees recently, most of which are training on their last or second to last position now so hopefully the staffing aspect will come back soon. As for the training and traffic we seems to get a pretty good mix of everything. Some busy days, some slow. Intersecting runways, good military traffic during the week with BE40/T38/C5/TEX2's practicing and also pretty good GA traffic with the oil field workers going in an out. Cost of living is on the expensive side but local NATCA has reworked the positions so that D2 pay starts after certifying on GC instead of LC to help and have more plans in the works. Yeah most of us are working 6 day weeks at the moment and yes some people cant wait to leave. We also just had a couple controllers reitre who spent most of their career at MAF. But hey, welcome to the FAA.

Last edited:
MAF is my first facility. Ive been here a little over 3 years now and think its been pretty good starting place overall. Sure we have grumpy controllers here and there (who doesn't) and staffing is pretty low at the moment, but we did just let 4 people go on NCEPT and had 2 controllers promoted to supervisors. Its my understanding that some facilities have yet to release anyone on NCEPT. Weve had pretty good influx of trainees recently, most of which are training on their last or second to last position now so hopefully the staffing aspect will come back soon. As for the training and traffic we seems to get a pretty good mix of everything. Some busy days, some slow. Intersecting runways, good military traffic during the week with BE40/T38/C5/TEX2's practicing and also pretty good GA traffic with the oil field workers going in an out. Cost of living is on the expensive side but local NATCA has reworked the positions so that D2 pay starts after certifying on GC instead of LC to help and have more plans in the works.

I feel like this was put out in the last MAF local email blast...

Back
Top Bottom