Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said the waivers had to be approved by national. So I don’t think it’s a region thing. But that’s all I know.

I'm at a tower in the Great Lakes region and we just got approved to bring all our trainees back. We'll have 4 AGs, who have never been in the building, in by the end of the week.

Looks like training is slowly starting back up for non cpc-it

The contract also states you will work 40 hours a week. So you are breaking the contract also. I’m not saying I like any of this nor do I believe this is good for us long term or now. But saying they broke the contract isn’t the whole picture and ignoring other current situations.
We have been working 40 hours/week this entire time. When we are coded as excused absence it is duty time. The Agency has made it very clear that we are subject to recall, must be in the local area, and subject to FAA and Federal guidelines, policies, and laws such as Hatch Act during this scheduled duty time.

Last edited:
We have been working 40 hours/week this entire time. When we are coded as excused absence it is duty time. The Agency has made it very clear that we are subject to recall, must be in the local area, and subject to FAA and Federal guidelines, policies, and laws such as Hatch Act during this schedule duty time.
CDE859B3-9338-48D6-A36B-E8EDA9C4E64A.jpeg

I'm at a tower in the Great Lakes region and we just got approved to bring all our trainees back. We'll have 4 AGs, who have never been in the building, in by the end of the week.

Looks like training is slowly starting back up for non cpc-it
How long ago were the the waivers submitted?

We have been working 40 hours/week this entire time. When we are coded as excused absence it is duty time. The Agency has made it very clear that we are subject to recall, must be in the local area, and subject to FAA and Federal guidelines, policies, and laws such as Hatch Act during this scheduled duty time.
Tell that to the large percentage of us who have not treated it that way. It’s all bull, that’s not work.

Edit: Also the agency would have kept us on 5/2 the entire time and dropped our levels by now if they wanted. Im not saying they need to be thanked but let’s stop pretending our stress level aren’t down, we haven’t received our fair share and doing a 30 min elms at home is an inconvenience.

Last edited:
Tell that to the large percentage of us who have not treated it that way. It’s all bull, that’s not work.

Edit: Also the agency would have kept us on 5/2 the entire time and dropped our levels by now if they wanted. Im not saying they need to be thanked but let’s stop pretending our stress level aren’t down, we haven’t received our fair share and doing a 30 min elms at home is an inconvenience.
I didn't give my opinion about hazard pay, individual's stress levels, or the value associated with the work load asked of controllers during this pandemic.
You stated, "The contract also states you will work 40 hours a week. So you are breaking the contract also." I was just pointing out that your statement was false.

Last edited:
I didn't give my opinion about hazard pay, individual's stress levels, or the value associated with the work load asked of controllers during this pandemic.
You stated, "The contract also states you will work 40 hours a week. So you are breaking the contract also." I was just pointing out that your statement was false.
Technically in wmt yea but you know the agency wouldn’t have paid us or kept us on 5/2. So we got something we wouldn’t normally. This isn’t one day of excused nor was the contract intent written for a full year of excused.

Have any ARTCC’s submitted a waiver to recall AGs? “At my Z” people have started asking about a waiver, and the NATCA rep has all but refused to even consider it and said we have to wait for the Harvard map “for the safety of the workforce.” Wondering if this is the mindset elsewhere.

Last edited:
Have any ARTCC’s submitted a waiver to recall AGs? “At my Z” people have started asking about a waiver, and the NATCA rep has all but refused to even consider it and said we have to wait for the Harvard map “for the safety of the workforce.” Wondering if this is the mindset elsewhere.
Only the krazy kilos

Reactions: KAB
I can only speak to my Z, and as an AG. As of today there has been no waiver submitted to get me into the building and still going by the Harvard map.

I can only speak to my Z, and as an AG. As of today there has been no waiver submitted to get me into the building and still going by the Harvard map.
As it should be. Do you think the cpcs are going to bars? Going out of town? No they are quarantining next to their phone awaiting the faa to call. I understand if you persue some hobbies, maybe video games or something, but not one cpc would ever travel or go out drinking and endanger the workforce. That's why we have to wait for the map.

As it should be. Do you think the cpcs are going to bars? Going out of town? No they are quarantining next to their phone awaiting the faa to call. I understand if you persue some hobbies, maybe video games or something, but not one cpc would ever travel or go out drinking and endanger the workforce. That's why we have to wait for the map.
What's a bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom