Training Withdraw / NEST

Anon

Lurker
I’m not sure who to talk to privately about my situation, so I was hoping you all could help. I’m in training and certified in a high level tower and haven’t started training on the approach side. This facility location isn’t working for me and my family. My wife wants to move closer to family (hers or mine), which happens to be my previous facility and a handful of other lower level towers.

I want to know if it’s best to withdraw from training during a certain time in the cycle in order to have a better likeliness of being in a location near family?

And I understand that return rights only apply if the facility isn’t 100%. Does that mean 100% projected or 100% currently?

What are the odds of requesting a tower that is near 100% or projected to be near or over 100%?

I’m not sure who to talk to privately about my situation, so I was hoping you all could help. I’m in training and certified in a high level tower and haven’t started training on the approach side. This facility location isn’t working for me and my family. My wife wants to move closer to family (hers or mine), which happens to be my previous facility and a handful of other lower level towers.

I want to know if it’s best to withdraw from training during a certain time in the cycle in order to have a better likeliness of being in a location near family?

And I understand that return rights only apply if the facility isn’t 100%. Does that mean 100% projected or 100% currently?

What are the odds of requesting a tower that is near 100% or projected to be near or over 100%?
View the current PPT, if your previous facility is below 100% projected, you can withdrawal tomorrow and return in as little as a few weeks. If they are above 100% projected, simply wait until the next NCEPT panel in June and see if they drop below.
There's no requesting an alternate facility that you have never CPC-ed at before. If you do not take the fast-track return rights option, you will be processed through the nest and are subject to the staffing and needs of the agency.

I withdrew and went through the NEST process about 10 months ago, feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

Back
Top Bottom