Vaccine Time Off Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the person who started this thread I don't have the ability to lock it? This was not intended to be a covid debate. It was certainly not intended to be a debate about the merits of nurses. Simply information on a new MOU. Doesn't matter your stance on covid I still think the MOU is dumb. The mere fact that it is called an award just feels wrong. Awards are earned. These are participation ribbons. Semantics, I know. But it bugs me. Nothing I say here will change the MOU so it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
Morality is part Of title vii, courts have determined that a lack of religious belief is a deeply held personal moral value that one can’t be compelled to violate, just like a religious belief or practice

I'll play again, it does state “[t]he law protects not only people who belong to traditional, organized religions, such as Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism, but also others who have sincerely held religious, ethical or moral beliefs.”

But you're mistaken if you think "moral beliefs" is separate from religion in this context. It's described as non-theistic “moral or ethical beliefs as to what is right and wrong which are sincerely held with the strength of traditional religious views.”

Context

In essence morality, as referenced in the CRA, is described as the morality of a religious group. Especially since morality isn't a singular concept, it's essentially group think.

You eating a triple whopper and washing it down with a diet coke doesn't put anyone except yourself on a ventilator. Tobacco and alcohol are along the same categories, except with bigger lobbyists.

Isn’t part of the ever-changing reason to force the jab on everyone to keep people out of the hospitals to make room for emergency care? Forcing them to not smoke/drink/get fat will keep them out of the hospitals too. It’s literally the same argument.

You literally provided an equivalence that goes against your idea of freedom to not get the vaccine, in fact both alcohol and tobacco and regulated from a punitive perspective on use far more than having to get the vaccine.

They’re literally not. Show me jobs that mandate that you don’t smoke/drink, and a government that enforces it through OSHA.

Isn’t part of the ever-changing reason to force the jab on everyone to keep people out of the hospitals to make room for emergency care? Forcing them to not smoke/drink/get fat will keep them out of the hospitals too. It’s literally the same argument.

They’re literally not. Show me jobs that mandate that you don’t smoke/drink, and a government that enforces it through OSHA.

Except one can kill grandma Gerthel from down the road by proximity and the other you die by your own hand. Equating this to alcohol or tobacco or eating is almost as massive a stretch as saying "if people didn't breath they wouldn't get it, so just tell the steeple to stop breathing".

For your second question, Iran.

But no really, I've not been allowed to shotgun a cold one with the boys on position, am I missing something in the CBA?

Uhhhh you work one. And they enforce it with random tests and a flight physical.

Go ahead and check that dui/ have sought after help with alcohol box on your next physical and tell me how it goes.

Okay but you clearly understand how having almost two years added on of just subject courses is clearly a significant difference than 20% of an AA/AS being gen ed courses. I don’t think I had a single non mining engineering class my last two years besides thermodynamics and fluid mechanics
I understand the difference of it. That is a highly technical subject. To discredit a CNA, who’s is a nurses ASSISTANT for receiving a 2 year degree as not being educated is pretty shit though. They aren’t the one performing surgery, they may just be getting vitals, something anyone with a basic life saving certification would also be able to do. I know plenty of nurses who start as CNA’s then continue education throughout their career. Though this isn’t simply about nurses, to act like a majority of majors that are received now are anything more than glorified high school is laughable.

no not being able to process basic information begin presented to you makes you an idiot. Just quit man. We’ll be
Medical reasons have already been widely discussed for COVID, medical inability is one of the protected groups for others getting the vaccine.

I think k you might be confused, it's not "moral and religious" it's a "moral basis of religion". Tell me what religious exemption you're claiming and I'll tell you everything else you'll have to start depriving yourself of due to religion.

Or read this, breaks it down fairly easy.

Morality is not subject to the CRA, even though it is an attempt at legislating it.
The thing that bothers atheists more than anything is that someone who has a relationship with God doesn’t care what they think
Explain why the cases have tripled since people started taking the jab

Then why do they want a copy?

Section 4. Proof of vaccination will include: (1) a copy of the record of immunization from a
health care provider or pharmacy; (2) a copy of the COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card; (3) a
copy of medical records documenting the vaccination; (4) a copy of immunization records from a
public health or state immunization information system; or (5) a copy of any other official
documentation containing required data points.
They’re not getting the copy. The language is giving examples.

21 states allow for employers to test for nicotine and not hire and/or fire someone who fails a nicotine test

This is a horrible example. If you want to compare it to what is being done now it’s like the government is forcing us to smoke and we can only have the job if we smoke….putting something in our bodies with no choice over it.

Except one can kill grandma Gerthel from down the road by proximity and the other you die by your own hand. Equating this to alcohol or tobacco or eating is almost as massive a stretch as saying "if people didn't breath they wouldn't get it, so just tell the steeple to stop breathing".

For your second question, Iran.

But no really, I've not been allowed to shotgun a cold one with the boys on position, am I missing something in the CBA?
Bullshit, people get killed by drunk drivers every day. How does someone not drinking getting plowed over by someone who blows a .28 not related. You can’t give someone something if you have no contact with them. It’s a logical fallacy to blame someone for something they had nothing to do with, “you’re killing grandma”

Reactions: MKK
Bullshit, people get killed by drunk drivers every day. How does someone not drinking getting plowed over by someone who blows a .28 not related. You can’t give someone something if you have no contact with them. It’s a logical fallacy to blame someone for something they had nothing to do with, “you’re killing grandma”
The government mandates that you not drink booze then drive a car and can take your freedom away if you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom