What's the deal with ERR vs. hardships?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, if anything, I've proven I've done my homework and laid out the loopholes clearly.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game," as some of you like to say.

I'm just inquiring.

You could've just answered the question instead of being an ass.
its a joke bud. an expression of sympathy

Coming from someone who has hardshipped and successfully ERR’d under NCEPT.

First and foremost. Do what’s best for you and your family. ALWAYS. People will talk, the FAA is VERY small and your reputation does matter. Do your best to not burn bridges and be a decent person and people will do their best to help you out.

When it comes to hardships. If you accept the job while there is already a hardship situation occurring, they will more than likely deny it because you accepted the stipulations of the job while knowing your mom had cancer or whatever.

If the situation occurred AFTER you started the job, then it will likely get approved if you had appropriate proof.

Also, when requesting a facility, I would request 1 or 2 SPECIFIC facilities that would satisfy your requirements. If they will not approve those, they should send you a few more that can accept people that still fit the geographic requirements.

ERRs.

Go to highest staffed tower-only. That’s your best bet for getting out under this system.

Also, MCO and F11 are probably in the top 5 most difficult facilities to get to. Good luck.

Last edited:
Coming from someone who has hardshipped and successfully ERR’d under NCEPT.

First and foremost. Do what’s best for you and your family. ALWAYS. People will talk, the FAA is VERY small and your reputation does matter. Do your best to not burn bridges and be a decent person and people will do their best to help you out.

When it comes to hardships. If you accept the job while there is already a hardship situation occurring, they will more than likely deny it because you accepted the stipulations of the job while knowing your mom had cancer or whatever.

If the situation occurred AFTER you started the job, then it will likely get approved if you had appropriate proof.

Also, when requested a facility, I would request 1 or 2 SPECIFIC facilities that would satisfy your requirements. If they will not approve those, they should send you a few more that can accept people that still fit the geographic requirements.

ERRs.

Go to highest staffed tower-only. That’s your best bet for getting out under this system.

Also, MCO and F11 are probably in the top 5 most difficult facilities to get to. Good luck.

I appreciate you!

This is the kind of detailed answer I was looking for; thank you for the insight! ??

So Starbucks barista or ATC? Sounds about right.

Not really, my guy.

Sounds like you have zero clue about what political communication entails.

But believe what you want. ??‍♂️

Think you posted on your main account there bud.
Yeah, cuz I have time to waste on two accounts.

I honestly can’t tell if you guys are serious sometimes or if this is how you joke.

I blame the internet.

The next test for hardships should be political affiliation. Someone could argue pressure from an affiliation of a certain state and apply to an opposite color state to avoid the extreme political bias against them. :et:

I mean, people could easily get to California or New York this way if they're feeling that hate from certain states.
Which a lot of butt hurt people will do

Just remember hardships are staffing dependent. Usually they are approved. And I’m not really sure if the day you step into your first level 6 up down as an AG and immediately hardship to F11/MCO if that would even be approved. When you hardship, you hardship to an area. So if you say you need to hardship into the central Florida area then you can get any tower, up/down, center that’s in that geographic area. One last thing to remember is that if you do not certify at your first facility then hardship it counts as 1 training failure. You’re only allowed 2 (if you’re lucky enough to get a second chance). So if you hardship immediately then wash at your new facility you will be out of a job.

Just remember hardships are staffing dependent. Usually they are approved. And I’m not really sure if the day you step into your first level 6 up down as an AG and immediately hardship to F11/MCO if that would even be approved. When you hardship, you hardship to an area. So if you say you need to hardship into the central Florida area then you can get any tower, up/down, center that’s in that geographic area. One last thing to remember is that if you do not certify at your first facility then hardship it counts as 1 training failure. You’re only allowed 2 (if you’re lucky enough to get a second chance). So if you hardship immediately then wash at your new facility you will be out of a job.
I don’t know if saying hardship transfers are “usually approved” is quite accurate anymore. I think the agency is starting to catch on to people trying to game the system. I know of several people who submitted what seemed to pretty legit hardships recently that were denied.

This is not true. 2 in a row is a “could be” there’s language in the contract that says it’s not 100% you’re fired. Just saying. Watched it happen
So it’s generally always better/more secure to certify first, hardship later, right?

So it’s generally always better/more secure to certify first, hardship later, right?
If you have a legitimate case for a hardship then you’re certification status is irrelevant. If I’m the primary caretaker for my mom who has a life threatening illness I wouldn’t give two shits about my reputation in the facility. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom