White House Tells Federal Employees to Prepare to Return to Their Offices

P

PushingTin

White House Tells Federal Employees to Prepare to Return to Their Offices

“Now, in partnership with state, local, tribal, and territorial governments, and the private sector, the Federal government is actively planning to ramp back up government operations to the maximum extent possible, as local conditions warrant, consistent with the National guidelines for Opening Up America Again,” states the OMB memo.

The memo says that gating criteria for the coronavirus have to be met in an area before moving to implantation of the phased reopening process. These criteria stipulate, among other things, that there has to be a clear downward trend in virus cases and local hospitals must have the capacity to treat all patients without crisis care.

Is a Grand Re-Opening imminent? I doubt the parts I BOLDED apply to ATC facilities! If there is more traffic in the air, I assume the agency will want facilities staffed back up.

A look into the future at TMU first day back....

giphy.gif

The other part of the memo said NCEPT won’t return until 2021
Good. Leave more options for new hires. I can’t wait to go to work again in a normal schedule, just for this to all surface again and we await the FAA to, again, guide us properly.

In all seriousness judging by the red vs blue divide on this issue ('reopen' vs not) , whenever the agency makes everyone go back to normal it will undoubtedly be met with outrage. I think that's going to maybe be a more contentious time in facilities than it was in the run up to the new schedules. And then when there are positive tests (which is inevitable whether or not its proper to open or not)... Bam! that will kick it up another notch!

Tick tock... we could go back at anytime...

This is exactly how I predicted they would handle things. They’re trying to leave the bulk of the decision up to local/state officials, and the agencies are supposed to take a case-by-case, facility-by-facility approach based on what those local/state officials are saying.

I don’t understand why the idea that somebody is just going to push a button and send everybody back at once is still being pushed. That literally has never been mentioned by anyone, and is not what the memo says at all.

The FAA is probably gonna take a week to decode the guidance and come up with a plan on how to begin implementing it. Then the facilities in areas with the lowest numbers will come off the 5-10 schedules first. Once all the CPCs are back to normal schedules, then they’ll begin phasing administrative people and trainees back into the buildings.

This is exactly how I predicted they would handle things. They’re trying to leave the bulk of the decision up to local/state officials, and the agencies are supposed to take a case-by-case, facility-by-facility approach based on what those local/state officials are saying.

I don’t understand why the idea that somebody is just going to push a button and send everybody back at once is still being pushed. That literally has never been mentioned by anyone, and is not what the memo says at all.

The FAA is probably gonna take a week to decode the guidance and come up with a plan on how to begin implementing it. Then the facilities in areas with the lowest numbers will come off the 5-10 schedules first. Once all the CPCs are back to normal schedules, then they’ll begin phasing administrative people and trainees back into the buildings.
That would be the smart way to do it. I’ve yet to see the FAA be smart.

That would be the smart way to do it. I’ve yet to see the FAA be smart.
I mean I will say to be fair, I think they were probably ahead of the curve in sending home trainees and non essentials. We got sent home March 19th which was way before most states/localities issued shelter in place orders. Granted they could have handled positive cases popping up in facilities better and it took awhile to come up with the scheduling solution for CPCs.

My main point though is whatever they come up with, there’s been no indication at any level it’s going to be a light switch approach with sending everybody back in at once.

I don’t talk to anyone except my relief and the person I’m relieving at work. We have 4 people per shift (2 for mids) for 1 position so work 2 hours and spend the other six in my truck watching Netflix.
Your area is all combined up all day at n90? God damn

lol what does any of that have to do with pride in the profession? These aren’t exactly normal times we’re living in if you haven’t noticed.
I haven’t, what’s going on? Please tell me!! We had someone get killed with traffic last week, refused to call someone for help because they were on break. That’s what I’m taking about.

I haven’t, what’s going on? Please tell me!! We had someone get killed with traffic last week, refused to call someone for help because they were on break. That’s what I’m taking about.

sounds like a personal problem? I mean I don’t know what one persons failure to be smart has to do with anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom