Retirement 2019 TSP Increase

GulfBravoPapa

⭐SuperStar
2019 TSP contribution limits will be $19,000. TSP: Contribution Limits

There is some debate if that should be $730 or $731 per pay period. I think it should be $731 with pay period 26 being $6 less while the TSP website lists it as $730 per pay period. ($730 x 26 = $18,980). Catch up contribution limit is still $6,000.

You can update your TSP contributions at this time with a future date.

There is some debate if that should be $730 or $731 per pay period. I think it should be $731 with pay period 26 being $6 less while the TSP website lists it as $730 per pay period. ($730 x 26 = $18,980). Catch up contribution limit is still $6,000.

Aren't you splitting hairs at this point?

In reality will the $20 make a difference? Not likely. But if you want to max out your TSP you need to know the proper value to enter.

anyone of you big 12 high local folk front load? aka put in like 13k in the first few months, then just hit 5 percent to match the rest of the year? more time in the market for your money to make money, wanna try to start doing that in much smaller doses next year... maybe do 800 first 6 months, then 661 the last 6?

anyone of you big 12 high local folk front load? aka put in like 13k in the first few months, then just hit 5 percent to match the rest of the year? more time in the market for your money to make money, wanna try to start doing that in much smaller doses next year... maybe do 800 first 6 months, then 661 the last 6?

I keep it nice and simple and just do the same amount for the entire year. Both ways have pros and cons which basically all hinge on how the market happens to be doing at that time

I keep it nice and simple and just do the same amount for the entire year. Both ways have pros and cons which basically all hinge on how the market happens to be doing at that time
I just set mine up... 775 for the first 13 PP'S, will go to 687 for the last 13.
in my eyes, that will be like getting a 100 dollar pay raise right next to the June pay raise. Also, I will be working Sundays for the first 6 months next year, and I haven't been on Sundays in like 5 years, so should keep my take home roughly the same.

What date do we start the $731 for the Max next year?

It's that time of year again. Not sure it is worth making a new thread but the 2020 TSP contributions are going up to $19,500... Adjust your numbers accordingly.

20500/26 is $788.4615. To fully max it out you should set it to $789/pp and they'll automatically drop you to $775 for the last one.
I assume that is the same for DoD? Haven’t heard anyone talk about an automatic reduction for pp26. How do you know that will happen?

DoD doesn’t use employee express. That’s why I’m curious if that is a TSP or FAA rule but that makes me thing it’s FAA. Thanks for the info
Log into the GRB Platform and you can change your TSP contributions, the increase to 20,500 is for the system as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom