2400 Mid Shift Normal?

KnockKnock

Our normal mids are 2200 & 2230, but we do a 2400 mid on the first Sunday of the pay period to keep all 80 of our work hours within the PP. Is this normal or a documented requirement somewhere? I don't understand why this is the case when if we did a normal 2200 mid on the last Saturday, it would be 2 hours on the last day of the current PP and 6 hours on the first day of the next PP, still equaling 80 in each. Am I missing something?

We do the same thing. Normal mids are 2230 or 2300. But the first Sunday of the pay period is 2400 to keep 80 hours in the pay period together. I know of at least one facility that does 2300 mids normally, but 2400 mids on every Sunday instead of every other. I'm not sure where it's documented, I just know we and a bunch of other places do it too.

We do the first Sunday of the pp at 2400 as well. It's annoying, I usually forget and show up at 2230 so I get an hour forty five ot lol

Ours are Saturday night starting at 2350 (you get 10 minutes of OT every Saturday night) and your shift officially begins at midnight. The 10 minutes of OT is given to get the people going home at midnight up.

For those of you that have a regular start time for the Saturday mid in the middle of the pay period, can you PM me with your facility?

Last edited:
Ours are Saturday night starting at 2350 (you get 10 minutes of OT every Saturday night) and your shift officially begins at midnight. The 10 minutes of OT is given to get the people going home at midnight up.
We do the same thing but its 6 minutes (so random) of OT. Then when the morning shift people show up anywhere from 0530 to 0600, the mid people are just done.

We do the same thing but its 6 minutes (so random) of OT. Then when the morning shift people show up anywhere from 0530 to 0600, the mid people are just done.
For the middle PP Sunday, or just the end?

For those of you that have a regular start time for the Saturday mid in the middle of the pay period, can you PM me with your facility?
Like 2400 for the middle Sunday or the 2230?

6 minutes is the minimum overlap you can have between shifts.

As a side note, I've heard of a lot of facilities negotiating more overlap due to the mandatory wx briefings we have to do at the beginning of the shift.

For the middle PP Sunday, or just the end?
Sorry, it's just for the last Saturday/first Sunday of the PP. So the mid tonight will come in at 2354 for 6 mins of OT, then their proper shift starts at midnight Sunday 09/02, the new PP. When the morning shift gets there they get relieved and have to wait 2 hours to go home; they don't stay on or go back on position.

6 minutes is the minimum overlap you can have between shifts.

As a side note, I've heard of a lot of facilities negotiating more overlap due to the mandatory wx briefings we have to do at the beginning of the shift.
I've argued this at our place. It's impossible to relieve someone on time with the wx brief and pre duty mbis and not having to use an hour holdover proves were noncompliant.

our 4-12’s cant flex and are given 10 min OT at the end of the shift so they work til 1210am. The mids show up at 12. Usually mids here are 11pm-7am.

Back
Top Bottom