Backpay for essential employees

ATCNOMAD

Trusted Contributor
Does anyone know for sure if essential employees will be charged leave during the shutdown? Or if leave will be furloughed backpay like other shutdowns past. Been hearing a lot of different things. Thanks

Nobody knows yet, this shut down is so long I wouldn’t be surprised if they do charge the leave, it would be a ton of free leave to be giving out if they don’t.

^ If the guy next to you jumped out a window does that mean you should do it lol? Be thankful you have a job important enough to be considered essential to the operation of the United States.

^ If the guy next to you jumped out a window does that mean you should do it lol? Be thankful you have a job important enough to be considered essential to the operation of the United States.

In this case I think those who are not essential should be MORE thankful, since they get a free vacation out of it, which has already been confirmed by Congress.

Be thankful congress passed a law 30 years ago that requires you to work without pay if said dipshits in congress cant take their heads out of their asses long enough to vote to fund your agency.

(yes i get the president has to sign it but lets all dispense with the notion that you can rely on this president for anything.)

bridge.png

xkcd: Bridge

The bill passed in the lower chambers to pay ALL furloughed employees backpay.
Essentials working will be paid, non essentials will be paid (if it gets signed or 2/3 majority)
Non essentials got free furlough leave, essentials may or may not be charged leave ( I feel they should NOT) but it has yet tbd
//thread

Wait, so are the furloughed essential people getting back charged leave? And are the furloughed non essential getting back pay?
JK.

It's crazy how every media outlet in our nation has glossed over or skipped entirely the fact that the PRESIDENT DOES NOT HAVE TO SIGN IT- the gov can be reopened with 2/3 majority in House and Senate. My only concern is that the House and the Senate do not know that.

So...... does anyone know if were getting back paid?/s
All we know for sure is non essential will be back paid. If you are essential and taking any kind of leave during the shutdown the wording isn't cut and dry. So we may be charged leave once the government reopens

Back
Top Bottom