C90

I could be wrong but didn’t A80 release someone under NCEPT not that long ago? Like after just one run of the A80/LAX bid? Is staffing still on the soul crushing level there? Not a troll post, genuinely asking (because I don’t know) how things have panned out there long term after the special bid.
You’re not wrong. A80 had one controller transfer to SCT on a NCEPT panel. However, that was due to the ATM inputting the wrong controller number and didn’t realize their mistake until the NCEPT cutoff date had passed. The union was able to hold management to that number and one person was released. So NCEPT has facilitated the move of one CPC transfer out of A80 in 6.5 years. The priority release was a great idea until the agency reneged on level 9s and higher for the priority release and the union wouldn’t hold them to that because “you can’t rob Peter to pay Paul…” The facility was able to rank individuals, but the top ranked ones RARELY were released for A80, but the tower only ones never seemed to have a problem getting to A80 with the level 5 and 6 transfers because you know a body is a body. Now, the next best thing is the Agency wants to bring in 3-4 TMUs and 4-5 sups from outside of A80 and not allow the facility to promote from within, due to staffing, so we all will see how that plays out.

You’re not wrong. A80 had one controller transfer to SCT on a NCEPT panel. However, that was due to the ATM inputting the wrong controller number and didn’t realize their mistake until the NCEPT cutoff date had passed. The union was able to hold management to that number and one person was released. So NCEPT has facilitated the move of one CPC transfer out of A80 in 6.5 years. The priority release was a great idea until the agency reneged on level 9s and higher for the priority release and the union wouldn’t hold them to that because “you can’t rob Peter to pay Paul…” The facility was able to rank individuals, but the top ranked ones RARELY were released for A80, but the tower only ones never seemed to have a problem getting to A80 with the level 5 and 6 transfers because you know a body is a body. Now, the next best thing is the Agency wants to bring in 3-4 TMUs and 4-5 sups from outside of A80 and not allow the facility to promote from within, due to staffing, so we all will see how that plays out.
NCEPT is one big example of robbing Peter to pay Paul. 6 day workweeks are spreading nationwide. It’s the next pandemic

Wait I'm getting lost here do we hate NCEPT cuz everyone is stuck at their facility and can't transfer or do we hate it cuz there's too many transfers and everyone's understaffed

Wait I'm getting lost here do we hate NCEPT cuz everyone is stuck at their facility and can't transfer or do we hate it cuz there's too many transfers and everyone's understaffed
Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

FAA Aviator updated for me today and shows that my application was referred. The year long bid just closed. I wonder how long before they have a new one up

The latest C90 bid was published a little over a month ago. Based off past traffic here, the last bid was out almost a year before anyone was given an offer. Does anyone know if that’s correct?

The latest C90 bid was published a little over a month ago. Based off past traffic here, the last bid was out almost a year before anyone was given an offer. Does anyone know if that’s correct?
Not correct. The bid is always for a year. They pulled from the last one several times. They’re required to have it out for I believe 45 days before they can make selections. The ATM was the reason for a lack of offers on the previous bid but is no longer in charge. The emphasis is on getting bodies in the door, so I would expect a healthy amount of offers to go out after the 45 day mark.

Not correct. The bid is always for a year. They pulled from the last one several times. They’re required to have it out for I believe 45 days before they can make selections. The ATM was the reason for a lack of offers on the previous bid but is no longer in charge. The emphasis is on getting bodies in the door, so I would expect a healthy amount of offers to go out after the 45 day mark.
This was very helpful. Thank you!

The old ATM is out and things are getting WAY better really fast. We have now realized the full potential of collaboration with management! Bid now, especially if you're low seniority while they still have move money!
My application was referred yesterday. Controllers left and right tell me “you’re making a huge mistake” so reading what you’ve had to say is welcome news.

So here’s my question for a C90 ask me anything… Did the DM and/or ATM come into the operation, tell your sups and/or TMU to stay in TRIPS, and people did over three hours on position and had missed meal breaks?

Back
Top Bottom