He’s talking about these

Attachments

• BC9C635E-F380-4E6A-9C0C-90DBA1808609.jpeg
    BC9C635E-F380-4E6A-9C0C-90DBA1808609.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 60FC6539-9C38-4BB8-AEFE-5D718AA6873C.jpeg
    60FC6539-9C38-4BB8-AEFE-5D718AA6873C.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 151
What jerkoff decided it was necessary to create an entire 2nd category of large heavies and the only difference is an extra mile for one single instance? These collaborative work groups are out of fucking control
Lol you’re new around here? If anyone doesn’t know yet, all facilities are transitioning to recat wake turbulence. Forgot where I saw it. No sauce.

What jerkoff decided it was necessary to create an entire 2nd category of large heavies and the only difference is an extra mile for one single instance? These collaborative work groups are out of fucking control
Wow what's next small and small+

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-115004_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-115004_Chrome.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 64
I love how a 78X needs 4 miles behind a 772, for instance, but the much smaller 788 only needs 3. I get they need data or whatever but I think you can assume it will perform better than the smaller Dreamliners in wake. I bet they never fix it

I feel like the benefits of RECAT (if you’d even agree that there are any) are far outweighed by a degradation in safety. Someone tell me how this doesn’t increase mental workload for ATC… I mean for f***sake, could you imagine working Potomac or N90 with literal decades of wake separation experience and are suddenly directed to apply this BS?!

Im with Phillyman, these working groups are getting out of control in an effort to “increase efficiency and decrease emissions.” Gotta look at safety first here. Separation in regards to the NAS is pretty much at a plateau in that there’s not much more the FAA can do to run airplanes tighter without sacrificing safety as a trade-off.

I personally don’t think most pilots would mind a delay of just a few flying miles if they knew the extra decision making for ATC in play. I also believe that RECAT will one day come to a head between NATCA and the agency. Imagine someone having a really bad deal when they were otherwise focused on remembering mileage/types/categories for a completely different situation at hand. -My $0.02

Last edited:
I love how a 78X needs 4 miles behind a 772, for instance, but the much smaller 788 only needs 3. I get they need data or whatever but I think you can assume it will perform better than the smaller Dreamliners in wake. I bet they never fix it
Had a wake deal with a 78x last week. Still not fixed ?

They're implementing BandAid procedures to try and increase efficiency to counteract the deficiencies created by staffing inadequacies lol
My facility doesn’t even use RECAT yet, but just learning that it’s coming to all facilities makes me want to find the douchebags that came up with it and smack them with a handful of “wtf were you thinking??” One of the most ridiculous attempts at efficiency with no regard to controllers I’ve heard of.

Back
Top Bottom