CPC reinstatements

Someone I know got their reinstatement list and turned it down. They were told as a result "you're barred from applying to any announcement for a year". Didn't see anything about this in the SOP. Does anyone know is that just a general rule including prior exp lists as well?
No just reinstatement, pretty sure it is in the SOP. Curious what their list as… can you ask?

Well it is literally in the SOP that you cannot go to a facility higher than what you were certified at. The ATO isn't trying to make a bunch of back door deals and isn't trying to encourage CPCs to quit.

Well it is literally in the SOP that you cannot go to a facility higher than what you were certified at. The ATO isn't trying to make a bunch of back door deals and isn't trying to encourage CPCs to quit.
The new sop wasn’t out until June/July? If they had in since Feb of last year it was still possible..

The new sop wasn’t out until June/July? If they had in since Feb of last year it was still possible..
To piggy back off what the 1st Sgt said, this is the general order of things. Once the process was started a TOL designating that facility should have been issued provided the one year “separation” was met until the process was frozen.

Not silly at all. Pretty smart of the FAA and should have been that way from the start. You quit, you dont get your dream job. You go back to where you were or you never come back.
It was a knee-jerk reaction to people gaming the system. Originally, if memory serves, there was zero wait time to reapply, then 6 months, then a year.

Not silly at all. Pretty smart of the FAA and should have been that way from the start. You quit, you dont get your dream job. You go back to where you were or you never come back.
Yeah just stay at your lvl 5 forever in NCEPT land lol. If someone’s willing to quit for a year to try and better their situation and career and have actually done time in the agency good for them. The systems a joke to transfer how can you blame people. Not to mention this new reinstatement sop blind sided everyone that quit. No hey we are coming out with a new system in a yr watch out. Instead it was reinstatements are on hold expect a new update next month lol.

Someone I know got their reinstatement list and turned it down. They were told as a result "you're barred from applying to any announcement for a year". Didn't see anything about this in the SOP. Does anyone know is that just a general rule including prior exp lists as well?
If you quit and then try to get back in, and turn down your list, you should never be allowed to apply again. This shit is getting ridiculous.

I have no sympathy for the people that quit. They knew that the loophole could close at any time, that's literally the risk of doing it. They gambled and they lost. As for NCEPT, it sucks but I managed to get out of my up/down that had a 2.5 year on average training time. One of the top 10 longest training times in the country for terminal facilities last I had checked. That's with people jumping me for the special N90/ATL bids, supe deviations, and all that. Some people are impatient and expect to get out instantly then get mad when they dont. People quitting just delay those trying to get out on NCEPT more and just tries to jump ahead of others.
No one cares how you transferred out doing it the “right” way. Consider yourself lucky. You get an FAA cookie for being a good boy

Last edited:
I have no sympathy for the people that quit. They knew that the loophole could close at any time, that's literally the risk of doing it. They gambled and they lost. As for NCEPT, it sucks but I managed to get out of my up/down that had a 2.5 year on average training time. One of the top 10 longest training times in the country for terminal facilities last I had checked. That's with people jumping me for the special N90/ATL bids, supe deviations, and all that. Some people are impatient and expect to get out instantly then get mad when they dont. People quitting just delay those trying to get out on NCEPT more and just tries to jump ahead of others.
There are literally places that have never released on ncept before still i believe. That’s giving up a large portion of your career due to a system that clearly doesn’t work. To each their own but sitting there and getting screwed each quarterly ncept ain’t for me to make 80k a yr ?

There are literally places that have never released on ncept before still i believe. That’s giving up a large portion of your career due to a system that clearly doesn’t work. To each their own but sitting there and getting screwed each quarterly ncept ain’t for me to make 80k a yr ?
The problem is the top 10 most needed facilities are facilities most people don’t want to go to. But you’ll get you’re new checkout who is from there (n90) or sees the old controllers who’s been stuck at their first facility for 10 years and they’ll bite the bullet and go to these top ten facilities just for the pay since they know they won’t leave any other way. This leaves the old controllers with going to an undesirable top ten facility or resigning to being at their first facility forever

When you lose enough of people that find a way to game the system (as it happens with time) you find a way to stop or delay it ASAP.
I always admired the people who had the passion to “game the system” by quitting for a year, work someplace else, and risk never getting back in for a shot at a better facility.

What do you respect more, people like that, or people who scam hardships to their dream facility?

Back
Top Bottom