Debt ceiling

You can’t have a RIF when the rif deciders are gonna be sent home the first day.

Biden is gonna use the 14th amendment cus he’s the only responsible party. This is actually probably what the terrorist want him to do so then they can campaign against him letting the country continue. Because they think that’s a good strategy with their shrinking base

I don’t think the 14th amendment is really at play here because we can pay all of our debts. We just can’t pay all of our debts AND continue to operate the government in its current state. We could raise taxes to cover the rest but no one could afford it. Guess we will see what happens.

I like how one party that has a 4 person majority in 1 chamber of 1 branch thinks they have the political capital to fuck everyone over.

I’ll try not to antagonize or come off sarcastic, but isn’t that what a union should be trying to figure out? Maybe they are, I really don’t know but if I’m asking these questions I’m sure others are wondering the same thing. Both sides seem dumb enough to let us default.

No one knows how the treasury is going to prioritize spending the money that does come in. Is it going to go to pay interest on bonds and pay back the bonds that mature? Is is going to go to Social Security and Medicaid? Is it going to go to the Military? Is it going to pay for government employees? No one knows, because no party wants to say how they would prioritize spending in the event of a default. It's a political missile to be used by the other.

June 1st isn't even a hard date. It's just an estimate. Realistically it's probably a week and a half after that. The government literally has billions coming in and going out every day and no one, not even Yellen, knows when the US will "over draw the checking account".

No one knows how the treasury is going to prioritize spending the money that does come in. Is it going to go to pay interest on bonds and pay back the bonds that mature? Is is going to go to Social Security and Medicaid? Is it going to go to the Military? Is it going to pay for government employees? No one knows, because no party wants to say how they would prioritize spending in the event of a default. It's a political missile to be used by the other.

June 1st isn't even a hard date. It's just an estimate. Realistically it's probably a week and a half after that. The government literally has billions coming in and going out every day and no one, not even Yellen, knows when the US will "over draw the checking account".
Would it be possible to happen before June 1st then? Or is it a definite not before June 1st?

I like how one party that has a 4 person majority in 1 chamber of 1 branch thinks they have the political capital to fuck everyone over.
They passed a bill to raise the debt ceiling. All Biden has to do is rubber stamp it. Vetoing it would cause the fuck everyone over scenario you’re talking about

They passed a bill to raise the debt ceiling. All Biden has to do is rubber stamp it. Vetoing it would cause the fuck everyone over scenario you’re talking about

Who passed a bill? The House? Do we need a civics lesson or is there new, yet to break news?

Who passed a bill? The House? Do we need a civics lesson or is there new, yet to break news?
Yes the house passed a bill.
He’s speaking of the initial house bill filled with extremist demands
It’s called leverage and democrats use it too. Plus the debt ceiling will be raised and everyone gets paid which is what I thought was important. Democrats passed the inflation reduction act on partisan support, are they extremists?

Grabbing popcorn to see the folks bitching about Republicans when they (the folks) completely got what they wanted for eight years under Obama.

It’s ebb and flow, ya wieners.
I just want to get paid for the work
I do, and have them hire more and not cut our funding so I don’t have to work 6 day work weeks for the next decade

Yes the house passed a bill.

It’s called leverage and democrats use it too. Plus the debt ceiling will be raised and everyone gets paid which is what I thought was important. Democrats passed the inflation reduction act on partisan support, are they extremists?
The democrats had the votes to pass that bill the republicans don’t have the votes to pass this bill. That’s the difference.

What's better is when a party is in the minority in BOTH chambers and still thinks they have the political capital to fuck everyone over. You have to love the US Senate and the filibuster

What's better is when a party is in the minority in BOTH chambers and still thinks they have the political capital to fuck everyone over. You have to love the US Senate and the filibuster
Yes. Well they need to just get rid of the filibuster. Idk why dems think the filibuster is going to survive if republicans ever take back over the senate

Anyway,

If the government shuts down or if we get furlough and you happen to be on PPL or AL, is it free leave or does it get charged as PPL/AL? Where would I find this info?

Anyway,

If the government shuts down or if we get furlough and you happen to be on PPL or AL, is it free leave or does it get charged as PPL/AL? Where would I find this info?
It's in the old guidance provided by opm for government shutdown.

You cannot be in a paid leave status.

If you take nyquill and only can do admin, but admin is furloughed, you will be on straight 80 furlough.

Please note that congress guarantees backpay for furloughed employees in a bill

Back
Top Bottom