Debt ceiling

True but the rich are the ones paying them off. And they wouldn’t make enough money off them to cover our current spending so they would have to raise them on the middle class and cut govt spending.
Well start with raising on the rich and corporations and then see where you are at. But the us debt is just a boogie man. It only matters when the dems are in power. Just like their other old reliables like the border and crime.

Start by reversing the trump handout. No one talks about how that was an utter failure and none of the promises about increasing revenue from lower taxes has ever worked

Well start with raising on the rich and corporations and then see where you are at. But the us debt is just a boogie man. It only matters when the dems are in power. Just like their other old reliables like the border and crime.

Start by reversing the trump handout. No one talks about how that was an utter failure and none of the promises about increasing revenue from lower taxes has ever worked
Very true but the debt is still a big issue. Republicans cut taxes and increase spending just like the dems undo those tax cuts and increase spending even more. The dems voters just don’t care about it. The conservative voters care but the GOP ignores it when they are in power. Both sides ignore their parties hypocrisies and exploit the others when it’s convenient. It just seems to me people doesn’t think the US can go bankrupt but it’s happened many times over the years. Guess we will see

The US has never had a left wing party. Shocker when the right wing and center party don’t actually care about the people. It’s almost like leftist policies aren’t actually a value of the Democratic Party because they are only considered leftist to the furthest right political spectrum of any developed country

Very true but the debt is still a big issue. Republicans cut taxes and increase spending just like the dems undo those tax cuts and increase spending even more. The dems voters just don’t care about it. The conservative voters care but the GOP ignores it when they are in power. Both sides ignore their parties hypocrisies and exploit the others when it’s convenient. It just seems to me people doesn’t think the US can go bankrupt but it’s happened many times over the years. Guess we will see
But there’s no evidence that our current borrowing is actually a problem. The country keeps growing and growing. The deficient is usually smaller under democrat presidents lol

But there’s no evidence that our current borrowing is actually a problem. The country keeps growing and growing. The deficient is usually smaller under democrat presidents lol
I mean the British pound is a pretty good example of a first world empire almost going bankrupt from borrowing to much.
Edit: also the last GOP president withal a balanced budget was Eisenhower I believe

I mean the British pound is a pretty good example of a first world empire almost going bankrupt from borrowing to much.
Edit: also the last GOP president withal a balanced budget was Eisenhower I believe
Higher taxes actually pressure businesses to invest in their company/employees/innovation and not just do stock buybacks 🙃🙃🙃

Just think about it. You don’t pay taxes on business expenses. You pay it on profit
Sure but one could also argue that with the SEC so heavily favoring investor’s safety it’s a better business plan to buy back stock for your investors than reinvest all that money back into your business. The risk/reward when your a company is huge is much better that way. Plus with the fed keeping interest rates so low for so long it helped incentivize that behavior. Though that’s spit balling bc I haven’t looked into stock buy backs much

Sure but one could also argue that with the SEC so heavily favoring investor’s safety it’s a better business plan to buy back stock for your investors than reinvest all that money back into your business. The risk/reward when your a company is huge is much better that way. Plus with the fed keeping interest rates so low for so long it helped incentivize that behavior. Though that’s spit balling bc I haven’t looked into stock buy backs much
Except the major stock owners are usually the people running the business so they are just taking the companies money and then storing it for personal use.

Except the major stock owners are usually the people running the business so they are just taking the companies money and then storing it for personal use.
Just a quick Google search of apple meta Google Amazon and Tesla shows the people running the company actually own less than a couple of percents. Besides bezos and Elon who technically arnt ceo anymore, black rock and vanguard are the principal share holders in most. Not saying they don’t have a say in the buybacks but I can’t find where the people running the company make the most from the buybacks. Unless I’m missing something. Definitely not an expert in anything

Just a quick Google search of apple meta Google Amazon and Tesla shows the people running the company actually own less than a couple of percents. Besides bezos and Elon who technically arnt ceo anymore, black rock and vanguard are the principal share holders in most. Not saying they don’t have a say in the buybacks but I can’t find where the people running the company make the most from the buybacks. Unless I’m missing something. Definitely not an expert in anything
The board is controlled by the largest shareholders. The board hires the CEO. CEO and executive pay is largely stocks. Buy backs can drive stock price up.

So does anyone actually know if this will affect our January raises or is it just guesses at this point?

So does anyone actually know if this will affect our January raises or is it just guesses at this point?
It’s a guess but you can do the math on flat funding. Also don’t we only get the 1.6% if we get a January raise? The one thing that doesn’t make sense is that they will still have to negotiate a budget for the fall won’t they? Or does this bill say the budget is automatically passed at this years level.

I’ll try not to antagonize or come off sarcastic, but isn’t that what a union should be trying to figure out? Maybe they are, I really don’t know but if I’m asking these questions I’m sure others are wondering the same thing. Both sides seem dumb enough to let us default.
No, this isn't what the union should be trying to figure out, and you obviously have a very distorted image in your head of what the union's role and purpose is.

No, this isn't what the union should be trying to figure out, and you obviously have a very distorted image in your head of what the union's role and purpose is.
Please feel free to elaborate on what their role and purpose is.

Edit: especially because, to their credit, they just sent an email updating us on the situation.

Please feel free to elaborate on what their role and purpose is.

Edit: especially because, to their credit, they just sent an email updating us on the situation.
Updating on what's going on with congress is very different from "doing something about it"!

The reality is that there's absolutely nothing they can do about it. I suggest you do some basic reading on what's a union's purpose and role. Maybe read NATCA's constitution if you want to be more specific about our own union. Good luck finding anything related to congress approving extended debt ceilings, or passing a budget on time! 😉

Updating on what's going on with congress is very different from "doing something about it"!

The reality is that there's absolutely nothing they can do about it. I suggest you do some basic reading on what's a union's purpose and role. Maybe read NATCA's constitution if you want to be more specific about our own union. Good luck finding anything related to congress approving extended debt ceilings, or passing a budget on time! 😉
Not wrong about reading the constitution because I’ve skimmed it and can’t say I’m a constitutional expert by any means, but the preamble states roughly to advance working conditions through political action…which I would argue the govt defaulting and not paying/hiring anymore would greatly effect our working conditions. I never said they should be passing the laws or anything just merely giving us updates on what to expect/or not to expect

Dingleberries here arguing who’s at fault and using terms like “woke” and shit when they have zero clue what the WEF is trying to do.

Back
Top Bottom