Enroute Class pass rate

This is a weird argument. Why is a guy that is either still at or just finished the academy calling out someone for being in the same boat they were in not that long ago? Why are you even on here? Go study

More importantly, it's not that hard to look back in this thread and see the performance of past classes. It's above 50% average recently, but it's also pretty common for classes to have around 50% pass. The data is in this thread.

I also don't really know what people are looking for when they ask what happened... They failed? Obviously people are gonna blame the instructors or whatever they can, but they just didn't do well enough on the evals. Probably because they either didn't study enough or just couldn't do it. Same as every other person that didn't make it.

This is a weird argument. Why is a guy that is either still at or just finished the academy calling out someone for being in the same boat they were in not that long ago? Why are you even on here? Go study

More importantly, it's not that hard to look back in this thread and see the performance of past classes. It's above 50% average recently, but it's also pretty common for classes to have around 50% pass. The data is in this thread.

I also don't really know what people are looking for when they ask what happened... They failed? Obviously people are gonna blame the instructors or whatever they can, but they just didn't do well enough on the evals. Probably because they either didn't study enough or just couldn't do it. Same as every other person that didn't make it.

This thread has come full circle

Not really an argument. My point was simply you see closer to 50% passing than the majority. The guy saying his class passed 9/11 is great! However, the handful of classes before passed 5-6/11.

Point being, people just don’t make it for various reasons.

Not really an argument. My point was simply you see closer to 50% passing than the majority. The guy saying his class passed 9/11 is great! However, the handful of classes before passed 5-6/11.

Point being, people just don’t make it for various reasons.
I bet if you went and added up all the numbers and averaged them out for the past 6 months from this thread you’d see it’s closer to 60 and above.

Yah my class was 9/11 the class after me 16/18.

I wouldn’t really blame partying for people falling. I saw very few if any people partying during the week.

50-60% isn’t a huge jump. You’re talking 1-3 more people passing on average depending on class size.

Either way, the academy is difficult and people fail for various reasons. I’ve seen classes that party non stop and classes that don’t party at all.

It comes down to there’s no reason 5/11 should be a shocking figure. It’s very common. Perhaps it is less than previous but there’s plenty of posts even recently with similar averages.

The best you can do is go in there, study your ass off and do your best.

Currently here the average seems to be 11-12/18 which is just over 60% smaller classes hover closer to 70%

For my class (5/11), there were a few reasons. For a a few it just wasn’t for them. The rest could have passed but nerves really do play a huge factor. I was top of the class and I KNEW I could and would pass (call me cocky??‍♀️) but there’s still a voice in the back of your head that reminds you that lots of people before you should have passed and didn’t. I also noticed a definite lack of self confidence in some people.
That being said, I’d say that 5/11 shouldn’t shock. People seem to think a 60% pass rate means 60% of each class. What it actually means is some classes have a low pass rate, some a high pass rate, overall averaging about 60%.

Biggest scam there is people who have to take one eval the first day and two evals the second day. I think we only passed 2/6 from the group. I’d love to see the pass rate numebrs from the three different groups.

Biggest scam there is people who have to take one eval the first day and two evals the second day. I think we only passed 2/6 from the group. I’d love to see the pass rate numebrs from the three different groups.
Those numbers aren't tracked. They also make no difference.
Tower does 4 evals over a 3 day period. In the case of a lab malfunction it's possible (and has happened) where someone does one PA on day 1, lab breaks on day 2 (run(s) doesn't count), and then 3 on day 3.

Tower does 4 evals over a 3 day period. In the case of a lab malfunction it's possible (and has happened) where someone does one PA on day 1, lab breaks on day 2 (run(s) doesn't count), and then 3 on day 3.
We had one guy do Ground-Ground-Local/Local because of a computer malfunction on his first Local run and he ended up failing. He got 100 and 97 on ground and then failed on second local run. I think having to do both Locals on the same (last day) played a role in him failing. Obviously not the only reason but I do believe it is an unfortunate disadvantage.

I disagree, the people who went third seemed to be in a completely different mental zone.
How is this a “scam”???

People that go third, I feel like, have a significant disadvantage to the other two groups since they only get to do one run the first day.

I disagree, the people who went third seemed to be in a completely different mental zone.

People that go third, I feel like, have a significant disadvantage to the other two groups since they only get to do one run the first day.
They get to hear everything that’s in the problem from everything else tho...

They don’t really, because the order in which you take the problems is random. Your first problem might be completely different than your classmates’.

This really doesn’t matter. Their problems can be drastically different depending on how well they are doing. They can be backed up and now planes that wouldn’t of been a factor for each other are now a factor and so forth. If the individual is capable of doing this job they will pass.

This really doesn’t matter. Their problems can be drastically different depending on how well they are doing. They can be backed up and now planes that wouldn’t of been a factor for each other are now a factor and so forth. If the individual is capable of doing this job they will pass.
Yah I don’t buy that. All the advanced scouting I heard through various sources was accurate.

Yah I don’t buy that. All the advanced scouting I heard through various sources was accurate.
What are you talking about???? I know what passing comes down to. It’s either people collapse under pressure or they have no clue what they are doing. And if they fold under pressure they don’t belong.

Back
Top Bottom