Enroute Class pass rate

yesterday passed 8/11 and 10/11 just passed a few minutes ago. My class is up next for evals in two weeks. These two classes were the last two Basics Shutdown Classes, We'll be the first class that "Wasn't" affected by the shutdown directly.

Ahere
yesterday passed 8/11 and 10/11 just passed a few minutes ago. My class is up next for evals in two weeks. These two classes were the last two Basics Shutdown Classes, We'll be the first class that "Wasn't" affected by the shutdown directly.
where they going?

Y’all have no clue what i’m talking about. There are 27 practice non radar problems, at the end of the day the instructors have about 20 extra copies total for the class to take home. In the Lab their are copies of these same problems, they’re the exact same sheets you cant tell the difference. They just dont want people cleaning off the table in the lab taking hundreds of copies of the non radar strips home that will end up in the trash as that would be wasteful. Now, among the kims place people their is a large collection of unused strips that are passed around. So they Arnt wasted, for all i know they’re 100% after class strips and not from the lab, you couldn’t prove it either way so it doesn’t really matter. These strips have nothing at all to do with Radar evals. I know some of the other houseing providers also have strips so you can practice at home.
We know exactly what you’re talking about. Technically you’re not supposed to take those home. Also, that grammar was atrocious.

Our class just had it's first resignation. Passed all 18 into Non-Radar, had one decide it wasn't for them and willingly resign.

Assuming you make it to the end and pass everything at the academy, when it comes to the time where you pick your Center, are you able to back out if the list was complete shit? Example (and completely hypothetical): The list is nothing but ZSU and ZUA, but those aren't places you're willing to move. You could decide to not accept anything and drop right there, right?

Assuming you make it to the end and pass everything at the academy, when it comes to the time where you pick your Center, are you able to back out if the list was complete shit? Example (and completely hypothetical): The list is nothing but ZSU and ZUA, but those aren't places you're willing to move. You could decide to not accept anything and drop right there, right?
Well yes, of course you can quit at any time. I believe if you do though, you’re not allowed to reapply. Also keep in mind, they cap each location to 3 slots on each list, so the chances of there only being 2 locations on any given list are 0 unless you only have 5 or 6 people passing a class.

No you get stuck :)

Also worth keeping in mind, if you make it to placement day and decide to drop out because you don’t like the location options, that will likely end up being one of the dumbest decisions of your life. By the time you’re at placement, you’ve invested 4 months to make it through the academy, and months (or years) to make it through the hiring process. Don’t throw away a 6-figure salary career with great benefits just because your preferred facility isn’t on the list. Seriously, just go to the ‘lesser of two evils’ location, put in your 3 years, hit CPC and transfer.

Well yes, of course you can quit at any time. I believe if you do though, you’re not allowed to reapply. Also keep in mind, they cap each location to 3 slots on each list, so the chances of there only being 2 locations on any given list are 0 unless you only have 5 or 6 people passing a class.
Also worth keeping in mind, if you make it to placement day and decide to drop out because you don’t like the location options, that will likely end up being one of the dumbest decisions of your life. By the time you’re at placement, you’ve invested 4 months to make it through the academy, and months (or years) to make it through the hiring process. Don’t throw away a 6-figure salary career with great benefits just because your preferred facility isn’t on the list. Seriously, just go to the ‘lesser of two evils’ location, put in your 3 years, hit CPC and transfer.
I agree. I know the situation isn't possible, just a hypothetical situation. Thanks for the response!

Lol, put in three years and transfer. Because that is such a sure thing. #bestjobintheworld #sharetheburden #weusedtobebusy

When I was at the academy, the instructors told us a story of a guy who graduated close to top of his class, then quit on placement day. His reason? He was on summer break from med school and this was the most interesting and best paid summer job he could think of. No idea if there's any truth to it, of course, but you could definitely do it.

When I was at the academy, the instructors told us a story of a guy who graduated close to top of his class, then quit on placement day. His reason? He was on summer break from med school and this was the most interesting and best paid summer job he could think of. No idea if there's any truth to it, of course, but you could definitely do it.
There is no such thing as summer break in med school, always a couple classes or a internship/work study you have to do, that is a cool story though. I imagine it is plausible if you were in a "normal" college program and could time it perfect starting the academy late May and being done by late August.

Or you could have just barely passed and those are the only facilities remaining on your list...

There is no such thing as summer break in med school, always a couple classes or a internship/work study you have to do, that is a cool story though. I imagine it is plausible if you were in a "normal" college program and could time it perfect starting the academy late May and being done by late August.
Yeah I call bs on this one, how can you possibly time your academy start date to match the end of your school year?

Back
Top Bottom