Enroute Class pass rate

That’s what I’m getting at though. If you can’t even get 17/22 (76%) on each radar problem and pass because you didn’t get 20/34 (58%!!) in non-radar, then it must’ve been pretty apparent that people weren’t studying their basic knowledge in non-radar.

Lol, when you are sitting there after quitting your job moving across the country and two planes at 16,000 start flashing. Boom A1, o wait now you remember you forgot to apreq the wrong way up by SQS. Now you are trying to calculate your grade and you didn’t do the failed handoff in time. Down the shitter you go within 5 seconds.

You must be a CTI grad.

I went into radar with 26 points and passed, what's up

Also went into radar with 26.2 and passed; shit, I even bombed my first eval and had like 35 points total after 1 eval. Scored high 70’s on my next 2 and passed. That being said, I never studied, from Basics all the way through radar; I definitely made it tougher than it had to be. Graduated bottom of my class with a 70.09. Here’s the best part, I’m the only one who actually got their center of choice.

Also went into radar with 26.2 and passed; shit, I even bombed my first eval and had like 35 points total after 1 eval. Scored high 70’s on my next 2 and passed. That being said, I never studied, from Basics all the way through radar; I definitely made it tougher than it had to be. Graduated bottom of my class with a 70.09. Here’s the best part, I’m the only one who actually got their center of choice.

Damn bro save some pussy for the rest of us

For those of you who passed, did you have an idea ahead of time who wasn’t going to pass? How badly did people perform on non-radar to not be able to recover in radar?
A guy in my class got a 14 on one non radar problem, failed 2 of the 3 radar problems, but pulled a 95 out of his ass on the final run. Passed with a 70.something. Anything is possible.

Doing really well in non radar sets you up so much better for the end. The people who say non radar doesn’t matter are cray. I walked I to my first eval needing 3 58s and into my 3rd eval needing a 0. None of that would have been possible without doing well in non radar. All the kids that failed ni. Radar were trying to pull out 70s or better on eval day.

There were 13/17 in my class with over 30 points going into radar evals. Only 7 passed. I think you definitely know which ones are not going to pass, but there are more surprises than you think.

I think the point being made here is there many different ways in which people pass, and fail, at the academy. Doing great in non-radar/academics doesn’t guarantee anything if you bomb radar evals. Contrarily, underperforming on the earlier graded elements doesn’t mean you’re toast if you can crush it at the end. Just do your best at each indicated step in the process, don’t get too high on the highs and don’t get too low on the lows. The whole process is a roller coaster ride anyways. It really all comes down to those 2 hrs 15 mins of runs those final two days.

Where was your center of choice? I'm dying to know. What a happy ending story!

Hey now....i said probably. Besides 26 isn't that far off...now the 20 JTL2ATC mentioned certainly is.
Oh trust me. I don’t think anyone should go into radar with less than 25 points and expect to pass. In basics, they told us 26 was the bottom of where you should hope to be, while 30-33 is setting yourself up nicely.

My hope is to be in a position where I’ve passed on my first day of radar, or be within only a couple of points of passing. But that’s still a good way away.

There were 13/17 in my class with over 30 points going into radar evals. Only 7 passed. I think you definitely know which ones are not going to pass, but there are more surprises than you think.
God damn. 6 people couldn’t manage a 61% on radar?

God damn. 6 people couldn’t manage a 61% on radar?
So many things can go into it. It’s all about composure at that point. You truly don’t know how you’ll react after you make an error. Can you finish out the problem or snowball? I wouldn’t say anything until going through it yourself though...

Oh trust me. I don’t think anyone should go into radar with less than 25 points and expect to pass. In basics, they told us 26 was the bottom of where you should hope to be, while 30-33 is setting yourself up nicely.

My hope is to be in a position where I’ve passed on my first day of radar, or be within only a couple of points of passing. But that’s still a good way away.

That was my hope too...went into radar with a little over 32 points which helped after I bombed my first one. You'll be good, just know your LOAs like the back of your hand, have your phraseology down, and go through as many scenarios as possible when you study.

That was my hope too...went into radar with a little over 32 points which helped after I bombed my first one. You'll be good, just know your LOAs like the back of your hand, have your phraseology down, and go through as many scenarios as possible when you study.

One run doesn’t define you. I went into radar wondering how people possibly get scores in the thirties and forties, then got a 44 on my first one. Just blew it up completely. Bounced back the second day with two 100s. Anything can happen in there, just keep fighting til the end.

Back
Top Bottom