Enroute Class pass rate

We actually had 2 couples in our class by the time we graduated (didn't start out with two lol). And there's another one at the Academy right now! Seems like my husband and I started a trend.
If I were at a place like Denver or Dallas, I'd be putting up flyers on all the academy bulletin boards offering to marry academy grads for like $10k. Hell, that might even be too cheap - you'd make that back in under a year by avoiding a long training backlog or high cost of living area.

We actually had 2 couples in our class by the time we graduated (didn't start out with two lol). And there's another one at the Academy right now! Seems like my husband and I started a trend.
Did you have Don for an instructor? He told us a story of two people that started dated when they met at the academy and got married so they could stay together lol

If I were at a place like Denver or Dallas, I'd be putting up flyers on all the academy bulletin boards offering to marry academy grads for like $10k. Hell, that might even be too cheap - you'd make that back in under a year by avoiding a long training backlog or high cost of living area.
I feel like you could start a side business. CPCs at desirable facilities sign up, trainees get a list of potential partners, locations, and the corresponding bribe amount, then you take a 10% cut for playing matchmaker.

Did you have Don for an instructor? He told us a story of two people that started dated when they met at the academy and got married so they could stay together lol
He told us that story too. Haha my classmates weren't the first

It’s better if you get in on a different bid cus once he’s in the union they can do spousal accommodation to get you to the same city.
Oh I’m good with the tech industry now ? - remote work, great pay, amazing people (usually) and don’t have to deal with gov’t politics. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect and there are amazing perks to being an air traffic controller, but it suits me better than a gov’t job with strict regulations. Plus, I age out this year (turn 31 in May).

I’m better off just progressing in my career vs starting over with no real guarantee I’ll pass or be happy in this line of work. It’s the perfect career for him, and I’m proud he’s made it this far no matter what happens next. Not everyone is cut out to be an air traffic controller but he is. Know your strengths. ??‍♀

Oh I’m good with the tech industry now ? - remote work, great pay, amazing people (usually) and don’t have to deal with gov’t politics. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect and there are amazing perks to being an air traffic controller, but it suits me better than a gov’t job with strict regulations. Plus, I age out this year (turn 31 in May).

I’m better off just progressing in my career vs starting over with no real guarantee I’ll pass or be happy in this line of work. It’s the perfect career for him, and I’m proud he’s made it this far no matter what happens next. Not everyone is cut out to be an air traffic controller but he is. Know your strengths. ??‍♀
Good philosophy. If your employer will work with you while you do academy and see how you like that I’d say don’t hesitate. But if not, it is a gamble. My brother turned down his shit pay terminal offer to stay in his career and makes bank. They wouldn’t let him switch to enroute either. Bastards!

Anyone at ZFW wanna get married. I’ll jump on a plane tomorrow and we can go down to Collin county. Your kids have to call me daddy though.

As someone who would actually want to go to ZNY. What does being optional mean?
If you actually want to go to ZNY, your odds of checking out are less then if you are sent there. Seriously.

They check out people who want out but can’t unless they hardship, and those that want to be there usually wash and are sent (NEST’d) to West Virginia... or jersey.

Back
Top Bottom