Enroute Class pass rate

Young and no kids go to PR. You will be training for 3+ years at zny and will never leave. Plus its in bfe long island and nowhere close to nyc but with high cost of living.
Define no where close to NYC do you have a clue where it is? You don't have to live in the facility you know that right, you can live west of it. High cost of living yes but you get atc 12 pay. PR great place to visit not sure I want to live there. Where are you from and what are you accustomed to?

i mean tbh pr gets wrecked by hurricanes all the time, its hot and humid all the time, I hear the locals can be racist/anti outsider, food prices can be higher/limited. but they have a higher training success rate than zny tho so might be worth it

En route training is considered tougher than Terminal? Those pass rates are rough. I’m currently in Terminal basics.

Congrats on passing. If it was me I’d Absolutely choose Puerto Rico. Ive heard good things about it. You’ll be stuck at ZNY for years before you even start training. Pass rate is also substantially higher. The current projected staffing at ZSU is 85 percent while ZNY is 61 percent. That’s a huge difference.
Zny claims to have the worst staffing in the nation yet they are still 5/10. What a joke.

Define no where close to NYC do you have a clue where it is? You don't have to live in the facility you know that right, you can live west of it. High cost of living yes but you get atc 12 pay. PR great place to visit not sure I want to live there. Where are you from and what are you accustomed to?
Uhhh if you think ronkonkoma is close to the city.... do you know where it is. Yes you dont have to live there but who tf wants to drive an hour to work in traffic every day.

You're right pick PR they are closer to a major city and have beautiful highways you can go fast on lmfao. You don't sound like you could make it in ny anyway
Born and raised buddy born and raised. Already made it. Great city but zny aint it. Go to zsu certify and err to somewhere else even one of the NYC towers if you want.

Im assuming you're at zny or maybe n90(which is better). So maybe thats your bias of trying to leave. GO JETS. Much love.

Last edited:
I passed today (ranked 4 of 4) so my choice is between NY or PR. Thoughts/input? I'm not sure which to pick and I'll look into each one this evening but am open to any feedback regarding the choice.
ZNY is tough to get out of and with long training delays, it probably isn’t the best bet unless you have family in the area. I spent greater then a decade there. Good money however.

If you have a family though, Puerto Rico might be tough. What the other poster said, single, go Puerto Rico. It’s also more of a guaranteed check out then ZNY.

Just know if you transfer from Puerto Rico to another center, you may struggle. Puerto Rico center trainees tend to struggle more from what I have witnessed due to the differences from their center to a domestic center.

I appreciate the feedback! After thinking about it, ZNY seemed to be the better pick for me at this time in my life so I went with that.

Back
Top Bottom