Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707

Hey ladies and Gents,
When trying to contact the FAA rep who will administer your MMPI-2 evaluation use both forms of contact provided. The phone number listed was for one of the two facilities my rep worked at. Just some helpful info for those who want to get their requirements done quickly

Do they send out TOL's in waves? I will be within 120 days in October, was referred on this bid but have not received a TOL. Some of my friends were getting TOL's from the May of 17 bid as late as two months ago so I'm just wondering if I could be receiving one in a few months.

Do they send out TOL's in waves? I will be within 120 days in October, was referred on this bid but have not received a TOL. Some of my friends were getting TOL's from the May of 17 bid as late as two months ago so I'm just wondering if I could be receiving one in a few months.
The answer to your question is yes, they do send out TOL's in "waves".
Side note, just because you are referred, doesn't equal an automatic TOL, especially being outside of 120 days. I have heard some fell through the cracks and it worked in their favor, good luck man.

Last edited:
The answer to your question is yes, they do send out TOL's in "waves".
Side note, just because you are referred, doesn't equal an automatic TOL, especially being outside of 120 days. I have heard some fell through the cracks and it worked in their favor, good luck man.
He answer to your question is yes, they do send out TOLs in waves.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Just trying to get an idea on if there’s still a chance I’ll get a TOL on this bid. I suppose timing is everything

I applied to the same bid outside my 120 days. I was put on a referral list but no TOL then added to a second referral list in nov 2017 separated from active duty in December 2017 and got my TOL feb 2018. I think they try to wait until you are out to issue a TOL but some do slip through the cracks and get one earlier.

I applied to the same bid outside my 120 days. I was put on a referral list but no TOL then added to a second referral list in nov 2017 separated from active duty in December 2017 and got my TOL feb 2018. I think they try to wait until you are out to issue a TOL but some do slip through the cracks and get one earlier.

That’s what I’m thinking cause the exact same thing happened to me last year, I was put on both referral lists but didn’t get a TOL. I separate Feb 1, 2019 so I hope they do what they did last year and I get a TOL at the end of this year

Having been certified at a level 6, should I expect a list of level 6's or below in my list? Has anyone been in my shoes and gotten hired on a previous experience bid that can chime in?

Having been certified at a level 6, should I expect a list of level 6's or below in my list? Has anyone been in my shoes and gotten hired on a previous experience bid that can chime in?
Up/down, tower only? You won't be capped at 6 regardless, but the types will be effected. It should be 9 and below + N90 if you have radar

My TOL was rescended. I was told they can only take EAOS (end of service date) and not when I start terminal leave. As of today my end of service is 135 days and my Terminal start date is 60 days. Frustrating beacuse I can technically start federal employment in 60 days. Unlucky I guess.

I would expect 7 and below towers and up/downs, and maybe a couple of the harder to staff 8s
I am currently waiting on Med/Security POCs to continue completing my pre-employment requirements (finished my MMPI-2). Is there anything I can do to keep proactive with the process. After a few emails/calls, My HR rep advised that I wait until they contact me first (she is probably getting annoyed). Finally, have you seen meds/backgrounds waived? In March, while working for Midwest ATC, I completed both of those. I know the class II med last for a year and I am well within that time frame.

I am currently waiting on Med/Security POCs to continue completing my pre-employment requirements (finished my MMPI-2). Is there anything I can do to keep proactive with the process. After a few emails/calls, My HR rep advised that I wait until they contact me first (she is probably getting annoyed). Finally, have you seen meds/backgrounds waived? In March, while working for Midwest ATC, I completed both of those. I know the class II med last for a year and I am well within that time frame.

Sounds similar to a guy who was working contract towers with me that got picked up from the 2017 prior experience bid. He had an active physical but still had to do another one

My TOL was rescended. I was told they can only take EAOS (end of service date) and not when I start terminal leave. As of today my end of service is 135 days and my Terminal start date is 60 days. Frustrating beacuse I can technically start federal employment in 60 days. Unlucky I guess.

Unfortunate timing! Hope to see you at the next bid!

Since security clearances are good for 5+ years depending on the level, and the fact that they cost a lot of money, I have seen security clearances waived if you have one so it is possible. I am unsure about medical, but I would assume with medical clearances being valid for a shorter period of time that odds are you will have to redo the medical evaluation due to the length of the hiring process.

Back
Top Bottom