Hiring Bid Experienced bid: FAA-ATO-18-ATCEXP-56707

Question I got I guess my 3rd TOL for N90, 1st was rescinded, 2nd reissued, 3rd experienced but still N90 bound. CIL complete, Medically cleared today, but when I talked to HR they say they were going to reissue another CIL, regarding update on drug testing? Is this how it’s supposed to go?

Question I got I guess my 3rd TOL for N90, 1st was rescinded, 2nd reissued, 3rd experienced but still N90 bound. CIL complete, Medically cleared today, but when I talked to HR they say they were going to reissue another CIL, regarding update on drug testing? Is this how it’s supposed to go?
The drug test is only valid for a short time. I can't remember exactly, but its 4 months or something like that.

MMPI2 is valid for 2 years. The others I don't know if there is a hard date or if it just has to be valid for enough time to get through the process. Once I had 1.5yrs of a 2 year class 2 left and they made me redo it.

The drug test is only valid for a short time. I can't remember exactly, but its 4 months or something like that.

MMPI2 is valid for 2 years. The others I don't know if there is a hard date or if it just has to be valid for enough time to get through the process. Once I had 1.5yrs of a 2 year class 2 left and they made me redo it.

TOL(N90): 01/05
3rd TOL (EXPERIENCED BID): 6/15
CIL: 03/08
EQIP: 3/08
MMPI: 3/16
DRUG TEST : 4/12
MEDICAL EXAM : 4/17
MEDICALLY CLEARED: 6/20

Last edited:
Congrats! Are you military? If so whats your ETS/EOS date? Just trying to judge based off mine. My 120 days out was this past week.

Thanks! I am prior Air Force separated in 2017; left ATC in 2014/15. Sorry that this doesn't help with regards to your ETS. If you just hit your 120 day window, you should be good for the next round of TOLs (I would think). If you already have a TOL and it hasn't been rescinded, then you might be in the clear in that regard and should see a CIL sometime within the next couple of weeks. I got mine right at 2 weeks which IMO is fairly quick compared to others that have shared their timelines.

Sent off my fingerprints and credit check form yesterday... should have access to eQIP tomorrow and completed by the end of the week. MMPI-2 scheduled for Friday--fingers crossed I don't get hit for tier 2. Now it's just waiting to be contacted for the physical. CIL says I should receive an email within 21 calendar days.

Edit 6/27: eQIP was just submitted so my part on the security is done unless an interview is required of me (doubtful).

Last edited:
Anyone who left the faa and reapplied concerned that they will get sent back to where they qualified? I left a lvl 6 up/down that was taking 4yrs. I got a cro and left so I wouldn’t rot in the tower for two years. Keep in mind I sat in the training room for 8 months doing lunch runs. I did go to rtf before leaving.

Anyone who left the faa and reapplied concerned that they will get sent back to where they qualified? I left a lvl 6 up/down that was taking 4yrs. I got a cro and left so I wouldn’t rot in the tower for two years. Keep in mind I sat in the training room for 8 months doing lunch runs. I did go to rtf before leaving.
You will get a list just like everyone else.

No. It takes way more of a toll on someone to quit in the first place than to simply refuse a crappy selection list and move on with life. I'm not sure if the FAA understands that but yeah you should get a decent sized list.

No. It takes way more of a toll on someone to quit in the first place than to simply refuse a crappy selection list and move on with life. I'm not sure if the FAA understands that but yeah you should get a decent sized list.

Definitely was not an easy decision. I saw my old facility on the priority list. They are in need still, but it does say pass over due to training back log. The public can't even land there. It's only student pilots, military testing, Boeing testing, and private planes. The place needs to be turned over to a contract company.

Definitely was not an easy decision. I saw my old facility on the priority list. They are in need still, but it does say pass over due to training back log. The public can't even land there. It's only student pilots, military testing, Boeing testing, and private planes. The place needs to be turned over to a contract company.
Yup, wasn't easy for me either. My old tower wasn't on my list anywhere (too many trainees I think) but if they had tried to send me there I would have said no.

Yup, wasn't easy for me either. My old tower wasn't on my list anywhere (too many trainees I think) but if they had tried to send me there I would have said no.
So you have completed everything and received a list of facilities to rank? Are they all over or mostly in the area you currently live?

Thanks! I am prior Air Force separated in 2017; left ATC in 2014/15. Sorry that this doesn't help with regards to your ETS. If you just hit your 120 day window, you should be good for the next round of TOLs (I would think). If you already have a TOL and it hasn't been rescinded, then you might be in the clear in that regard and should see a CIL sometime within the next couple of weeks. I got mine right at 2 weeks which IMO is fairly quick compared to others that have shared their timelines.

Sent off my fingerprints and credit check form yesterday... should have access to eQIP tomorrow and completed by the end of the week. MMPI-2 scheduled for Friday--fingers crossed I don't get hit for tier 2. Now it's just waiting to be contacted for the physical. CIL says I should receive an email within 21 calendar days.

Edit 6/27: eQIP was just submitted so my part on the security is done unless an interview is required of me (doubtful).

Have you completed your medical yet? or your drug test?

Have you completed your medical yet? or your drug test?

Not yet. They requested that the earliest you schedule your medical is 10 days from the date you submit your medical questionnaire (just a bio sheet really); that's the first email the medical POC sends you. That allows the POC to build your file after you choose your AME. So right now my medical is scheduled for July 9th. No word on the drug test, but I believe those instructions should arrive before the medical. Felt like the MMPI2 went well... so hopefully I won't get any news which means good news (regarding tier 2).

Not yet. They requested that the earliest you schedule your medical is 10 days from the date you submit your medical questionnaire (just a bio sheet really); that's the first email the medical POC sends you. That allows the POC to build your file after you choose your AME. So right now my medical is scheduled for July 9th. No word on the drug test, but I believe those instructions should arrive before the medical. Felt like the MMPI2 went well... so hopefully I won't get any news which means good news (regarding tier 2).
Awesome man. Looks like we're both at the same stage then. I have my medical scheduled for the 3rd and I completed my drug screening last Thursday. I also felt good after taking my MMPI2... Good Luck man!

CIL received.

Applied 3/19
Referred 4/17
TOL received 6/8
Returned TOL 6/9
CIL received 7/3
MMPI scheduled 7/13

Back
Top Bottom