Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

I'm still in the service, getting out in September, but I don't see why that's getting me rejected on these bids. I'm sure that's what it is. A couple friends of mine got picked up more than a year away from their end of services dates. This shit is getting annoying.
My separation date is in sept but I start terminal in June and I received a TOL. I typed a service statement that was a standard MFR with DoD number, my dates and had my CC sign. I believe this is what did it for me.

I'm still in the service, getting out in September, but I don't see why that's getting me rejected on these bids. I'm sure that's what it is. A couple friends of mine got picked up more than a year away from their end of services dates. This shit is getting annoying.
Even if you did get a TOL it will be rescinded because you never met the requirements for the bid.

I know back in 2016 people were getting TOLs more than 120 days from separation. Now a days it’s rare, I can only recall people online claiming to get TOLs farther than 120 days. And the ones I knew in real life got rescinded..
My separation date is in sept but I start terminal in June and I received a TOL. I typed a service statement that was a standard MFR with DoD number, my dates and had my CC sign. I believe this is what did it for me.
An old coworker of mine did the same thing, but he hasn’t received a TOL and gets out August. Which would’ve put him farther than 120 days from when the bid closed, but the hiring process has always been inconsistent with how they do certain things.

Have you received a CIL yet?

I called the VA and had them mail me a letter and fax a letter to me. It broke it down like they asked.
Was it a more in depth breakdown than what’s available on myhealthbenefits/ myhealthvet? Or whatever it’s called?

Edit: just remembered as I posted it’s eBenefits.

Was it a more in depth breakdown than what’s available on myhealthbenefits/ myhealthvet? Or whatever it’s called?

Edit: just remembered as I posted it’s eBenefits.
Where do you see a breakdown on healthevet? I'm not seeing anything there about disabilities.

I know back in 2016 people were getting TOLs more than 120 days from separation. Now a days it’s rare, I can only recall people online claiming to get TOLs farther than 120 days. And the ones I knew in real life got rescinded..

An old coworker of mine did the same thing, but he hasn’t received a TOL and gets out August. Which would’ve put him farther than 120 days from when the bid closed, but the hiring process has always been inconsistent with how they do certain things.

Have you received a CIL yet?
CIL on the 22 and medical is the second week of April.

Where do you see a breakdown on healthevet? I'm not seeing anything there about disabilities.
I meant the eBenefits site. If you were AF they made you make an account while in TAPS. In eBenefits it’s there’s a Disabilities tab and it lists what the problem is, the percentage, and if it’s service connected.

I meant the eBenefits site. If you were AF they made you make an account while in TAPS. In eBenefits it’s there’s a Disabilities tab and it lists what the problem is, the percentage, and if it’s service connected.
It does have it stated but that isn't actually a form, unless you screenshot and crop to attach. Not sure if that was official enough.

Has anyone that scored in the qualified band received a tol? I'm still hoping I'll get one but I'm also thinking that I need to start preparing for the next announcement. I claimed veterans preference and scored in the qualified band, trying to see why I didn't get a tol/see what I can do to make sure I get one in the future.

Last edited:
Has anyone that score in the qualified band received a tol? I'm still hoping I'll get one but I'm also thinking that I need to start preparing for the next announcement. I claimed veterans preference and scored in the qualified band, trying to see why I didn't get a tol/see what I can do to make sure I get one in the future.

What score are you referring to?

Has anyone that score in the qualified band received a tol? I'm still hoping I'll get one but I'm also thinking that I need to start preparing for the next announcement. I claimed veterans preference and scored in the qualified band, trying to see why I didn't get a tol/see what I can do to make sure I get one in the future.
Wrong bid dude. I wouldn’t count on getting a TOL for the bid that you are referring to. It’s possible but I certainly wouldn’t count on it.

What score are you referring to?

For the ATSA

Wrong bid dude. I wouldn’t count on getting a TOL for the bid that you are referring to. It’s possible but I certainly wouldn’t count on it.

What do you mean by 'wrong bid'? And like I said I'm hopeful but trying to see what I need to do to up my chances so I'm not counting on it. Looking for advice on how to get a better shot.

What do you mean by 'wrong bid'? And like I said I'm hopeful but trying to see what I need to do to up my chances so I'm not counting on it. Looking for advice on how to get a better shot.
The thread which you are posting are for experienced air traffic controllers. We don’t take the ATSA.

It does have it stated but that isn't actually a form, unless you screenshot and crop to attach. Not sure if that was official enough.
I called the va and they knew what I was talking about and drafted one up. I had it faxed so I could have it now. Mailing it takes a week or more

I called the va and they knew what I was talking about and drafted one up. I had it faxed so I could have it now. Mailing it takes a week or more
Yep I did the same, just received it via fax. Appreciate it.

A friend of mine who's at KHPN right now applied more than a year out, got his TOL and every part of the process done up until the class date which he waited 5 to 6 months for. It was affected by the shutdown, but he was WELL outside the 120-day window last year.

I just don't see why the window is 120 days when the process takes so long to complete. I'd more than likely be out of the Navy by the time I got done with the employment process since it takes so long.

Back
Top Bottom