Hiring Bid Experienced Bid: FAA-ATO-19-ATCEXP-60073

I'm torn. Right now I'm thinking just pass on a lvl 4 and go overseas until next time, but also reading that one guy say get checked out fast then move on is appealing, but also a crap shoot on how fast you can move on. I'll just not think about it until I get an offer. ;p My thought process anyway.
I took a level 7 up/down checked out and was gone right at a year. Weigh all the options. Most 7 and below are pretty good places to work (my experience anyways). Enough traffic to stay busy, good people, decent work schedules

You can turn down that 4 but then you realize 4s are all quick checkouts and generally letting people go left and right. Or you can go to a level 5 up down with a terrible training program and rot for 3 years .

Not necessarily. There are times when 4's aren't letting anyone go. Don't assume a 4 is just a free check out and a quick way into your next facility. You can 100% be stuck at a level 4 for years, just like any other place. I know a few people at a 4 that have struggled to leave due to staffing for a very long time.

Not necessarily. There are times when 4's aren't letting anyone go. Don't assume a 4 is just a free check out and a quick way into your next facility. You can 100% be stuck at a level 4 for years, just like any other place. I know a few people at a 4 that have struggled to leave due to staffing for a very long time.
Sure, there are 4s that aren't letting people go. Your odds at a level 4 of securing your career and being able to get out faster than any level 5 up down are substantially higher imo.

Your odds at a level 4 of securing your career and being able to get out faster than any level 5 up down are substantially higher imo.
Your right. Likely way faster in a 4 tower vs any up down. I was just saying there's no guarantee of a fast move, you can get stuck anywhere sadly.

My thoughts exactly lol.
from what I gather, that list means nothing to us prior exp guys. If you break down the last list that came out a few weeks ago that those other guys got, it has no pattern of it being the top 20 or anything like that from any of the current or prior list. I had facilities ranked from #10 all the way up tp #1066. I am just going to have to be patient. I am not good at this waiting thing.

from what I gather, that list means nothing to us prior exp guys. If you break down the last list that came out a few weeks ago that those other guys got, it has no pattern of it being the top 20 or anything like that from any of the current or prior list. I had facilities ranked from #10 all the way up tp #1066. I am just going to have to be patient. I am not good at this waiting thing.
Lemme see yr list

:p Very experienced at shutting up and waiting, myself. It'll be here b4 ya know it. There. Rated. Retired. And dead.

I thought that the Placement List was to show what slots have been filled and by who. So it doesn't really show you what is going to be offered, I could be wrong though. The Priority Placement Tool PPT is something to pay attention to when it comes out around the end of the month.

I thought that the Placement List was to show what slots have been filled and by who. So it doesn't really show you what is going to be offered, I could be wrong though. The Priority Placement Tool PPT is something to pay attention to when it comes out around the end of the month.
what do you organize to get an accurate look at what the list might be?

the placement lists are literally what are used to assign placements. Not everyone is eligible for every slot and not every slot is assignable. It goes in order more or less.

View attachment 2313
I don’t wanna post his name and stuff so here’s just the list.
what do you organize to get an accurate look at what the list might be?
This list was given to some guy a few weeks ago maybe and I was messing around with the PPT and when you sort "Projected % to Target (Calculation)" by Smallest to Largest MOST of the facilities on the list will be in the top 50. So when the new one comes out I'm going to do that and that would be my guess on what would be offered.

This list was given to some guy a few weeks ago maybe and I was messing around with the PPT and when you sort "Projected % to Target (Calculation)" by Smallest to Largest MOST of the facilities on the list will be in the top 50. So when the new one comes out I'm going to do that and that would be my guess on what would be offered.
Same exact list I received. Turned mine down. Will try for round 3 next time. Maybe that’s the charm. Good luck to you all.

Back
Top Bottom