Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Does anyone know how to schedule the drug test once you receive your CIL? Does in come in a subsequent email or should it have been included with all of the emails you get when your first receive the clearance letter? Also, as far as fingerprinting goes, I saw the email specifically mentioned law enforcement offices. For those of you that have done the finger printing already, can you go to a place that isn't a law enforcement office or does it have to be done there?

It's a subsequent e-mail. You can ask about the fingerprinting but I wouldn't do it anywhere else.

Now that the ball is rolling for everyone, are veterans able to use the GI bill in OKC? I mean technically it is training/higher learning.

I went through this process extensively when I got to ZJX. The basics are that you are eligible to be paid for your time in OKC as that is your entrance to the FAA, and you’re allowed OJT pay as such. However, you are not able to apply for this until you have graduated from the academy and arrived at your first location.

If you already have everything in the system and have used even a little bit of time, it should be very easy to set your Application date to the first date you show at the academy, submit and get back paid for the academy time as well as get your monthly payments from there on out. It will start at 100% of the BAH rate for your area of an E-5 if you are on Post 9/11 bill. Montgomery I’m not sure as there aren’t many of those left. This 100% pay then decreases every 6 months you remain in training by 10%. So 1-6 = 100%, 7-12 = 90%, so on.

If you haven’t submitted any paperwork or used your GI Bill before ever, then you must ensure that your date for claiming pay is the first day you started at the academy. I was under the Montgomery GI Bill, and in the process of switching to the Post 9/11 while applying for this my paperwork got royally messed up and led to me being extremely delayed in payments.

If you have any more questions about it feel free to ask.

Does anyone know how to schedule the drug test once you receive your CIL? Does in come in a subsequent email or should it have been included with all of the emails you get when your first receive the clearance letter? Also, as far as fingerprinting goes, I saw the email specifically mentioned law enforcement offices. For those of you that have done the finger printing already, can you go to a place that isn't a law enforcement office or does it have to be done there?

Doesnt have to be strictly law enforcement office. My friend and I went to the same local fingerprinting service. She is finishing up at the academy. My security POC recieved the fingerprints and didnt say anything. I think as long as it's in the SF87 cards .. you're good.

I went through this process extensively when I got to ZJX. The basics are that you are eligible to be paid for your time in OKC as that is your entrance to the FAA, and you’re allowed OJT pay as such. However, you are not able to apply for this until you have graduated from the academy and arrived at your first location.

If you already have everything in the system and have used even a little bit of time, it should be very easy to set your Application date to the first date you show at the academy, submit and get back paid for the academy time as well as get your monthly payments from there on out. It will start at 100% of the BAH rate for your area of an E-5 if you are on Post 9/11 bill. Montgomery I’m not sure as there aren’t many of those left. This 100% pay then decreases every 6 months you remain in training by 10%. So 1-6 = 100%, 7-12 = 90%, so on.

If you haven’t submitted any paperwork or used your GI Bill before ever, then you must ensure that your date for claiming pay is the first day you started at the academy. I was under the Montgomery GI Bill, and in the process of switching to the Post 9/11 while applying for this my paperwork got royally messed up and led to me being extremely delayed in payments.

If you have any more questions about it feel free to ask.

Thanks! That’s very In-depth. I used a year of benefits already so it should be easy to set up. The only follow ups I have are:

The BAH at the academy is calculated using the OKC or your home zip code?

You continue to get paid throughout training at your facility? That would be awesome seeing as I had no desire to return to school, and I didn’t want that money to rot.

Thanks! That’s very In-depth. I used a year of benefits already so it should be easy to set up. The only follow ups I have are:

The BAH at the academy is calculated using the OKC or your home zip code?

You continue to get paid throughout training at your facility? That would be awesome seeing as I had no desire to return to school, and I didn’t want that money to rot.

Zip code of where you’re living when working at your new location.

You do continue to get paid all the way through until you reach CPC. I need to correct one part though, which is that every 6 months it goes down by 20%. So your 4 months of the academy plus 2 more months are at 100%, and then 80% for the next 6, 60% etc.

Considering you’re in the system and have already used a year, you’ll get 2 years then unless you CPC quicker. Your process will also be very simple of submitting a few forms with the hours appropriately filled out and they’ll back pay for the academy months and then pay from that point on.

Hey everyone so I do have a question in regards to the CIL. I just received it and I have a little sticky situation. The form mentions to wait until your Security POC sends you an email within 10 days to complete your requirements within 10 days of receiving it. I go on vacation next Friday for 2 weeks with no real way of getting anything done until I return. Is there anyway that I could get a jump on this so that I have what is needed by the time I do receive that email? I tried reaching out to my POC but they are on Thanksgiving leave.

Hey everyone so I do have a question in regards to the CIL. I just received it and I have a little sticky situation. The form mentions to wait until your Security POC sends you an email within 10 days to complete your requirements within 10 days of receiving it. I go on vacation next Friday for 2 weeks with no real way of getting anything done until I return. Is there anyway that I could get a jump on this so that I have what is needed by the time I do receive that email? I tried reaching out to my POC but they are on Thanksgiving leave.
Just curious, are you unable to bring a laptop?

Back
Top Bottom