Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

FYI...asked my POC if I should be able to travel in May and here is what he had to say: You should be ok to travel at the end of May with our current classes already been filled. We will be filled August to Dec once ATO has released the class dates.
What does your last line mean?

This is probably a stupid ass question.

If you clear everything and have nothing pending, no tier 2, nothing. Are you guaranteed an FOL?

This is probably a stupid ass question.

If you clear everything and have nothing pending, no tier 2, nothing. Are you guaranteed an FOL?
I don't see why not.

If something of yours doesn't pass something, then by definition you haven't cleared it, so... the way the question is setup, there shouldn't be anything holding you back. Probably just waiting on class date logistics at this point.

You could always contact your POC to confirm, though.

I don't see why not.

If something of yours doesn't pass something, then by definition you haven't cleared it, so... the way the question is setup, there shouldn't be anything holding you back. Probably just waiting on class date logistics at this point.

You could always contact your POC to confirm, though.

Yeah everything cleared. Just meant if there's a process of them choosing some and discarding some past the clearances. Thanks!

Yeah everything cleared. Just meant if there's a process of them choosing some and discarding some past the clearances. Thanks!
When did you complete your CIL? I’m being patient and giving some time before I contact but I completed it in around 2/25

When did you complete your CIL? I’m being patient and giving some time before I contact but I completed it in around 2/25

I had an interview with the investigator at the end of January. Two friends were contacted for an interview the first week of February I believe. One week after, I was medically cleared, and one week after that, I got an email from my security POC telling me I was clear as well. Been waiting since then.

Finished my CIL 12/16, just reached out to my HR rep for the first time. Said she was hoping to send classes out end of this week/start of next week based on when clearance was received. Said she had stuff as early as early June available. Mostly enroute, lesser percentage terminal. To everyone who has submitted your CIL within the past 3-4 weeks, leave your HR rep alone and breathe. You’re looking at 4+ months realistically before you head off.

Rather unfortunate there's no financial assistance when it comes to mandatory clearance. Paying for the fingerprints wasn't too big of a deal but now they want an ophthalmological evaluation, which I've been quoted for $355. Insurance won't cover it since it's not needs-based :)

Went to see an ophthalmologist back in September 2018 due to my "higher than usual but nothing concerning" eye pressure but test results came back fine. Considering I'm turning 25 this year, it was unlikely I'd have glaucoma to begin with, but I guess that doesn't stop the FAA from requesting it anyway. And yes, I did try explaining my situation to my POC but she basically just said "tough luck, feel free to drop out." Part of me wishes I should have just omitted it off the form at the time...

Rather unfortunate there's no financial assistance when it comes to mandatory clearance. Paying for the fingerprints wasn't too big of a deal but now they want an ophthalmological evaluation, which I've been quoted for $355. Insurance won't cover it since it's not needs-based :)

Went to see an ophthalmologist back in September 2018 due to my "higher than usual but nothing concerning" eye pressure but test results came back fine. Considering I'm turning 25 this year, it was unlikely I'd have glaucoma to begin with, but I guess that doesn't stop the FAA from requesting it anyway. And yes, I did try explaining my situation to my POC but she basically just said "tough luck, feel free to drop out." Part of me wishes I should have just omitted it off the form at the time...
Trust me, it's better than getting asked for cardiology exams. TT~TT

(I still feel for you, though.)

Does anyone know how it works or what I should do if I decide to get a new job before the Academy starts? Because it’s looking like I won’t even get a start date until at least July and honestly my part-time job right now is becoming absolutely unbearable due to a manager. So do you think I have to let the security person or the HR person know if I end up doing that?

Back
Top Bottom