Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Does anyone know how it works or what I should do if I decide to get a new job before the Academy starts? Because it’s looking like I won’t even get a start date until at least July and honestly my part-time job right now is becoming absolutely unbearable due to a manager. So do you think I have to let the security person or the HR person know if I end up doing that?

I would definitely reach out to them and inquire. I got promoted at my job prior to my security clearance and when I asked my POC she said she could either reject my eQuip so I could add it or just inform the investigator when it came to the interview since I was still employed at the same place. When in doubt just ask them, since technically even if you have been conditionally cleared they are still investigating you until you receive you full clearance, you wouldn't want to add any speed bumps that could jeopardize the full clearance.

I meant May/June class date FOLs are estimated to be started in April according to my poc.
Several other people have been informed that classes are filled until July/August. I received my class date for 5/19 at the end of January and my FOL in early February. Something here seems conflicting, but perhaps there are people who have May/June dates and are still awaiting FOLs? Not sure entirely what your POC meant by that message.

Or maybe (I personally hope this part) your POC is referring to sending out on-boarding paperwork and welcoming packets for people with May/June class dates in April?

Does anybody know how long it takes to know if a conditional security clearance was granted? I had a phone interview last week with someone who just asked me yes or no questions about items from my EQIP that lasted maybe 10 minutes. I'm not sure what's next.

Does anybody know how long it takes to know if a conditional security clearance was granted? I had a phone interview last week with someone who just asked me yes or no questions about items from my EQIP that lasted maybe 10 minutes. I'm not sure what's next.
You don’t ever really find out. HR just tells you you’re good. If your expecting a notice from your security POC you probably won’t get it.

Several other people have been informed that classes are filled until July/August. I received my class date for 5/19 at the end of January and my FOL in early February. Something here seems conflicting, but perhaps there are people who have May/June dates and are still awaiting FOLs? Not sure entirely what your POC meant by that message.

Or maybe (I personally hope this part) your POC is referring to sending out on-boarding paperwork and welcoming packets for people with May/June class dates in April?
To clarify, I did not receive or inquire about any information pertaining to class dates.
The information I received and am subsequently relaying is about FOLs.
I can confirm that people with June dates are awaiting FOLs.

I also got terminal for 6/23. Was really hoping for enroute but just glad to have a date
When I was driving past the Baltimore airport to visit my AME I watched a massive bright yellow (for the life of me I wish I would've been able to identify it) plane coming in for final approach. It was right in front of me no more than a couple hundred feet up in the air. It was by far the coolest thing I've seen aviation related in person. I could watch planes take off and land all day and after seeing that I was low-key hoping for a terminal class. I ended up getting Enroute and from what I've been reading both sides certainly have their perks. Congratulations on your date!

When I was driving past the Baltimore airport to visit my AME I watched a massive bright yellow (for the life of me I wish I would've been able to identify it) plane coming in for final approach. It was right in front of me no more than a couple hundred feet up in the air. It was by far the coolest thing I've seen aviation related in person. I could watch planes take off and land all day and after seeing that I was low-key hoping for a terminal class. I ended up getting Enroute and from what I've been reading both sides certainly have their perks. Congratulations on your date!
ea1f163ed1b1ea5755cb5a48460648d2.jpg
did it look like this?

Spirit Wings.

Has anyone heard back from their security POC lately? I emailed them last Thursday to follow up and make sure that there wasn’t anything else I needed to submit but haven’t heard back yet. It’s getting harder to be patient being so close to the end. >.< Yesterday I went on a rapcon tour at Vance AFB. It was very cool!

I had the same problem. I sent 6 emails and called no response for 3 weeks. I email my HR POC at week 2 he told me to wait. Then I received that email asking when did I complete the eQIP and other stuff. I told I haven't completed the eQIP because my SEC POC hasn't responded to me. Then I was told from that same email chain that my SEC POC has been moved to a different position and gave me another contact. Immediately my stuff got going.

My HR POC is KH and SEC POC was JS but now AA I think.

Back
Top Bottom