Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Isn't the average Enroute going to be making more than the average Terminal? (Yes the work is vastly different and many factors apply)

Sure buthe was talking about transferring presumably after certifying at a center.You can in theory transfer from a 12 center to a 12 tower.

Heya. If you already know for sure that it was abnormal, you may want to start looking into finding a cardiologist who could run tests for you to ensure that he doesn't have a condition that could affect his work (that is, if you still want to be in the running for ATC applications). I hadn't even known my EKG was abnormal (apparently it was very subtle with mine) so it came as a surprise when I was emailed to provide further proof that it wouldn't be a problem. They gave me a month to submit everything and it was a scramble finding a doctor who could take me ASAP and run all the tests in time. My insurance also wouldn't cover it, so I ended up calling every cardiologist in the area I could find for quotes. Just a heads up! Best of luck.
I was in the exact same boat as you, my primary doctor saw the same abnormality so I had to see a cardiologist and get a stress test. I wasn’t able to get all of this done in the 30 days they asked instead it was more of 35 days, I asked if that was ok weeks before since I had a appointment scheduled but it was just weeks out, I never got a reply. Luckily the test came back negative for Ischemia however I have a Right bundle branch block, but with no symptoms or any other heart issue they said it’s nothing to worry about nor does it need treatment just have to get a EKG once a year. I sent the results to my medical POC now I’m just waiting to see if this is acceptable....sure hope it is.

What’s the difference in salary? I thought at the start Enroute makes more but after some years pass it starts to even out and be close in pay.
It depends on what you do as those years pass. If you stay at a tiny tower, you’ll likely never catch up. If your willing to move around to higher level facilities over the years, sure, it evens out. Because there are way fewer ARTCC’s than towers, they’re all at a higher complexity level to begin with, so the starting CPC pay is higher.

edit: I phrased that weirdly. ARTCC’s aren’t more complex than towers because there are fewer, they’re more complex than they would be if there were more than 21.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was informed yesterday that medical still hadn't received the results of my drug test and it's been about a month. I took it early Februray and was just wondering if that's how long it normally takes.

Was informed yesterday that medical still hadn't received the results of my drug test and it's been about a month. I took it early Februray and was just wondering if that's how long it normally takes.

Did mine in January, waited about month. Same response as you. The following week, I think, I was notified I cleared

I had a small delay with my medical due to them requesting additional documents, but I was just informed yesterday that I was cleared there. Just waiting on my security POC to start my file.

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t know what any of that means lol

Here's a level 7 up/down in Indiana: SBN
Here's a level 12 center in Indiana: ZID

You can compare D2 at the center with CPC at the tower. If you don't know what that means, google "faa controller workforce plan", it's an interesting read. You'll find that a lot of this job is self-study... knowing how to go look stuff up is a useful skill.

Back
Top Bottom