Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Direct quote:

After passing evaluations, each class is given a list of facilities to choose from. The facilities are drawn from the priority placement lists, and number of slots offered will be match the number of graduating students. The selection order is based on your class ranking (highest score first).

OCONUS locations are sometimes offered as alternatives to the selection list. They will only be available if they are in the top 250 slots on the placement list.

TERMINAL: Assignments are level 7 or below facilities. Infrequently, Level 8 facilities may be offered.
Right so the highest ranked academy graduate for enroute gets a list to choose from on where they can go. So If a class has 20 people then the highest ranked person has 20 options to choose from (I know some facilities would come up twice as an option)?

Right so the highest ranked academy graduate for enroute gets a list to choose from on where they can go. So If a class has 20 people then the highest ranked person has 20 options to choose from (I know some facilities would come up twice as an option)?
Classes are 16 Max and recently as small as four. But yes, your general premise is correct.

I understand There is an FAQ. I was hoping to hear from people who have been through the process tho.

Hearing from someone that's been through the process doesnt change anything. The process is the same from person to person for a while now and if that does change im sure it will be posted here and updated in the Faq. You're focusing way too much on location. Nobody can tell you if anywhere in texas specifically in Houston as you keep asking or California will be on your list when and if you pass the academy in a year. Focus on getting a class date, then focus on passing the academy, then focus on scoring high enough so you have the potential to pick from more locations.

Last edited:
Hearing from someone that's been through the process doesnt change anything. The process is the same from person to person for a while now and if that does change im sure it will be posted here and updated in the Faq. You're focusing way too much on location. Nobody can tell you if anywhere in texas specifically in Houston as you keep asking or California will be on your list when and if you pass the academy in a year. Focus on getting a class date, then focus on passing the academy, then focus on scoring high enough so you have the potential to pick from more locations.
I’ve completed everything on the CIL so o literally can’t focus on anything right now. So I figured it was a good idea to gather as much information as possible since ya know... I’m off the street and have no prior knowledge at all...

I've seen someone that was outright denied due to some medical condition he had, no way to prepare for that really. I'm unsure of how the security clearance operates. As for the psych evaluation, I got tier 2'd, meaning I'm going to have to wait for a long time to clear that up, but I've never heard of anyone outright failing on the Tier 1 alone.

Try not to worry about it too much, no real way to prepare for it. Hope everything goes well.
How did you find out your mmpi was tiered 2?

Has anyone met with an investigator, how it go? I have my schedule for Thursday and honestly I'm nervous. I know I shouldn't be but I am.

Btw I'm all cleared just waiting on a date.

Has anyone met with an investigator, how it go? I have my schedule for Thursday and honestly I'm nervous. I know I shouldn't be but I am.

Btw I'm all cleared just waiting on a date.

Mine was kind of annoying about certain things. My family and I are dual citizens and she kept asking for a document for my sister that I didn't have and didn't need to have, but she kept saying she did need to have it. She seemed annoyed that I didn't have it but I don't know what she wanted me to do lol.

Other than that, it's just going through your eqip to see if it raised any flags, I messed up on a date and she said that raised a flag but I just corrected it with her and that's it. She called me again the week after to get information from my sister's passport that she missed because of the arguing we had I guess. And then 2 weeks after that she interviewed a friend that lives in the same city as me, and another friend from another city got interviewed by someone else. A week after that, I was cleared.

Mine was kind of annoying about certain things. My family and I are dual citizens and she kept asking for a document for my sister that I didn't have and didn't need to have, but she kept saying she did need to have it. She seemed annoyed that I didn't have it but I don't know what she wanted me to do lol.

Other than that, it's just going through your eqip to see if it raised any flags, I messed up on a date and she said that raised a flag but I just corrected it with her and that's it. She called me again the week after to get information from my sister's passport that she missed because of the arguing we had I guess. And then 2 weeks after that she interviewed a friend that lives in the same city as me, and another friend from another city got interviewed by someone else. A week after that, I was cleared.

Oh that good to know. I know he said I need some stuff for my financial part. But he also needed my step father was naturalized back in the 40s. He said I needed that. But it kinda made me nervous.

How long did yours take?

Oh that good to know. I know he said I need some stuff for my financial part. But he also needed my step father was naturalized back in the 40s. He said I needed that. But it kinda made me nervous.

How long did yours take?
About two hours. Yeah on the eqip I put the information of my parents naturalization and she didn't ask for any extra information on that, just my sister mainly. But if you have that certificate, take it. Do you know why they'd ask for financial stuff? I think this is the second time I've seen someone get asked about something similar. Mine wasn't even sure what I was getting the security clearance for, she thought I was Army. She didn't tell me to take anything but I took pretty much everything just in case lol

About two hours. Yeah on the eqip I put the information of my parents naturalization and she didn't ask for any extra information on that, just my sister mainly. But if you have that certificate, take it. Do you know why they'd ask for financial stuff? I think this is the second time I've seen someone get asked about something similar. Mine wasn't even sure what I was getting the security clearance for, she thought I was Army. She didn't tell me to take anything but I took pretty much everything just in case lol

Delinquent debt can be an issue.

Delinquent debt can be an issue.
Ya some stuff that happen almost 7 years ago. I know my security guy had cleared me though. I have go through and fill out an LOI which got cleared by my security rep. So in sure it's going over all the information I already submitted.

Ya some stuff that happen almost 7 years ago. I know my security guy had cleared me though. I have go through and fill out an LOI which got cleared by my security rep. So in sure it's going over all the information I already submitted.

how long after submitting LOI did they clear you? I submitted one 2 weeks ago

how long after submitting LOI did they clear you? I submitted one 2 weeks ago

It took him a week and 2 days to get back with me. But my process has been really slow.

It took him a week and 2 days to get back with me. But my process has been really slow.

Same here :/. and how long after being cleared did they schedule the investigator? Have you also had the over the phone person go over every answer on your eqip too?

Same here :/. and how long after being cleared did they schedule the investigator? Have you also had the over the phone person go over every answer on your eqip too?

It's been 3 weeks since the LOI. Last monday I was cleared and this monday they contacted me about getting an date to schedule. I got a thing in the mail from transunion on Thursday that NBIB ran my credit.

Just got this email from my rep (LM)!!!:

'You are receiving this email because I show you are fully cleared and are pending a class date. Our classes are currently filled up through May 2020 and part of June 2020, so you will most likely be offered a class date that starts in June or July 2020, or possibly later. You can expect to hear back from me about a potential class date, or receive another update from me, at some time in late March.'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom