Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-19-ALLSRCE-61676

Someone farted the first time I took the test and half the room started laughing. It annoyed me and threw me off during the differences section. Ended up making me laugh too though. Still pissed me off and distracted me. But it was actually really funny because he tried coughing to cover it up, but he coughed before he farted lol.

That's probably the part of the ATSA that's most applicable to actual ATC work. It's amazing how often you have to work traffic while trying not to laugh on the frequency. They should start adding strategically-timed farts to every future ATSA to make sure they're getting the best candidates.

No you are just in the best qualified band. They do not change. Hence why I am not taking the test again.

You have a source for this? I was also best qualified last bid and am also not retaking, but doesn't make logical sense that the qualification bands would be the same for different bids where prople score differently. Makes more sense for them to sort by raw scores and then separate the bands based on percentages. Factor in the fact that no one ever finds out their raw score or how the ATSA is graded and I'm wondering where you heard this info

Well I showed up for the atsa today, and they didn’t let me in. I had my birth certificate, drivers license, and debit card (which psi customer service said should be fine) anyways apparently if I had my car registration with me they would have let me in. I can’t reschedule for 24 hours, hopefully I can still get a test date by Friday.

You have a source for this? I was also best qualified last bid and am also not retaking, but doesn't make logical sense that the qualification bands would be the same for different bids where prople score differently. Makes more sense for them to sort by raw scores and then separate the bands based on percentages. Factor in the fact that no one ever finds out their raw score or how the ATSA is graded and I'm wondering where you heard this info
From the information that is out there, the bands stay the same just like letter grades in school. For example an A is 90-100%. The worry that most who score in the best qualified during a previous bid have is that if they take from the top scores since you didn't get picked up last time you won't get picked up this time. Logically it makes sense to take the test again for a variety of different reasons but there are risks associated with taking the test again.

Well I showed up for the atsa today, and they didn’t let me in. I had my birth certificate, drivers license, and debit card (which psi customer service said should be fine) anyways apparently if I had my car registration with me they would have let me in. I can’t reschedule for 24 hours, hopefully I can still get a test date by Friday.
That's unfortunate best of luck to you. I am assuming you don't have access to any of the secondary IDs they said you can bring?

Acceptable forms of primary identification include: Driver's License, U.S. Passport, State ID, Military ID, Government ID, or Current Student ID.
Acceptable forms of secondary identification include: Social Security Card or Voter's Registration Card.

That's unfortunate best of luck to you. I am assuming you don't have access to any of the secondary IDs they said you can bring?

Acceptable forms of primary identification include: Driver's License, U.S. Passport, State ID, Military ID, Government ID, or Current Student ID.
Acceptable forms of secondary identification include: Social Security Card or Voter's Registration Card.
Unfortunately not, I don’t have the time to get those things either. The proctor said the last day for this test is Friday. He said I can bring my registration next time, since that is a federal document. After talking to customer service and then saying a debit card would work, I’m not sure what to believe. Hopefully the registration thing is true and then next proctor doesn’t say it’s not.

Unfortunately not, I don’t have the time to get those things either. The proctor said the last day for this test is Friday. He said I can bring my registration next time, since that is a federal document. After talking to customer service and then saying a debit card would work, I’m not sure what to believe. Hopefully the registration thing is true and then next proctor doesn’t say it’s not.

If you’re registered to vote then it shouldn’t be that difficult to get your voter registration card. I was freaking out the day before my test bc I couldn’t find my ss card, but I went to my local county board of elections office and they printed my voter id card right there on the spot.

Debit cards are not listed as acceptable documents, birth cerificate worked for some people

Also, due to how little pool 1 were accepted last year, that screwed over pool 2 and people are freaking out whether to retake the test if they got best qualified

There are obviously way more OTS than cti and vets I'm assuming, so pool 2 is gonna be extremely competitive. The hope is more pool 1 are qualified and get a tol so more pool 2 are accepted

So if you pool 2 people didnt get chosen last year, then it's safe to assume you were the bottom of best qualified or near it.

2018 was the only freak year where so little pool 1 were qualified, also the shutdown might have affected it negatively, cant say for sure but it could have been a serious factor

It's worth noting that two primary IDs are also sufficient. I got in with Driver's License (mine is REAL ID compliant, ie: usable to identify myself in federal buildings and for TSA come next year, I don't know if they care if it is or not) and a passport. I also brought my FAA pilot certificate card that I always have with me, wasn't needed...and it looks like it ain't on the "menu" anyway.

Sounds like this person should've brought a second ID off the "menu" they noted.

From the information that is out there, the bands stay the same just like letter grades in school. For example an A is 90-100%. The worry that most who score in the best qualified during a previous bid have is that if they take from the top scores since you didn't get picked up last time you won't get picked up this time. Logically it makes sense to take the test again for a variety of different reasons but there are risks associated with taking the test again.

I'm curious as to what information you have read that says the bands stay the same. I've heard from both sides that they either stay the same or they change with what the average score is. And with what you said about choosing the top scores first: I've also heard (many times) that if you're best qualified, they choose people at random and not from highest score to lowest score.

Yet this is all hearsay, no one truly knows how the test is scored, WHY they don't tell you the exact score and WHY they don't tell you how it's scored. I've heard rumors from both ends of the spectrum and you always think that the common sense approach would be the way that they choose, but who knows? Unless there's an actual source from the inside that has given out information of why the govt does what they do, I'll just sit here and pretend it doesn't drive me nuts ✌

If you’re registered to vote then it shouldn’t be that difficult to get your voter registration card. I was freaking out the day before my test bc I couldn’t find my ss card, but I went to my local county board of elections office and they printed my voter id card right there on the spot.
Thank you for this! I didn’t even think of it. I am going to go straight there on Monday. I was lucky to only be 30 min away from a testing center, when I reschedule it looks like I’m going to have to travel.

After not being let into the test yesterday, I called psi and they said I couldn’t reschedule for 24 hours. I called today and apparently I was marked absent from test, so it’s not letting them reschedule anything. Is this something I could contact HR about? Psi customer service just has a bunch of morons working there, who say something different every time.

After not being let into the test yesterday, I called psi and they said I couldn’t reschedule for 24 hours. I called today and apparently I was marked absent from test, so it’s not letting them reschedule anything. Is this something I could contact HR about? Psi customer service just has a bunch of morons working there, who say something different every time.
It's very difficult to find someone at PSI who understands what's going on and yes, you will get many different people telling you different things. If I were you, I would definitely contact HR and tell them your situation and also explain the incompetence at PSI. Hope things work out soon for you.

Back
Top Bottom