Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Not true, at least in my case. I went to the exam, failed, and then afterwards was sent an email saying I need to submit a form (provided in the email) from an optometrist with my uncorrected and corrected vision, which needs to be 20/20. So you don't need to show up to the exam with it corrected, although it will save you time
Makes sense. I will also take typepass' anecdote into consideration and I already had to give the medical people the form (the 8500-7 i think) you mentioned since I was on medication a long time ago that can cause short term vision loss (never experienced any loss). They said in the event I don't pass the vision test, to just provide the same form from my eye doctor to the AME and it would pass me for vision since the eye exam was just last week and they understood waiting for glasses to come in (I already have glasses just a slight change for the axis part of the prescription) They said i would only need a retest if the vision test at the medical produced significantly different results than my eye exam. I will let everyone know how it goes after my medical on Monday which is the last thing I have to do!

My point is why would you go to the physical without it corrected if you already went to the optometrist and it needs correction. You have to correct it either way.

Yes, you're right in this case, but I wanted to specify in case there were others who were worried about failing vision.

Makes sense. I will also take typepass' anecdote into consideration and I already had to give the medical people the form (the 8500-7 i think) you mentioned since I was on medication a long time ago that can cause short term vision loss (never experienced any loss). They said in the event I don't pass the vision test, to just provide the same form from my eye doctor to the AME and it would pass me for vision since the eye exam was just last week and they understood waiting for glasses to come in (I already have glasses just a slight change for the axis part of the prescription) They said i would only need a retest if the vision test at the medical produced significantly different results than my eye exam. I will let everyone know how it goes after my medical on Monday which is the last thing I have to do!

Interesting, just looked up the 8500-7 form you mentioned and it's way more detailed than the form I was required to submit, but I didn't have your issues with medication. Just needed a slightly stronger prescription to hit 20/20. I figure you should be okay.

hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. received TOL late September, returned and got confirmation, and that's the last communication I've received. Should I still wait and trust the process? Would hate to be that guy to bug HR to ask my sequence.

hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. received TOL late September, returned and got confirmation, and that's the last communication I've received. Should I still wait and trust the process? Would hate to be that guy to bug HR to ask my sequence.
I just got my EODS today so I’m sure they’re still rolling them out slowly. However I don’t think it’s bad to periodically check in and make sure they have everything on they need from you. We are dealing with people and things can be missed. That’s just my opinion

I too just got the email saying I’m not a priority applicant so I can’t schedule my mmpi at this time. It says to let HR know when you’ve completed all other steps in the CIL, which for me will be next week. Has anyone had any luck getting in for the mmpi after completing everything else yet? Just curious how it’s working out

EODS forms approved a couple of minutes ago. Now waiting on CIL?
No they’re gonna send you a TOL after your EODs. ? yes your CIL is next human.

Yeah just gotta let things be. They haven’t forgotten you, you’re on their list. I’m on the same boat with you, waiting on my EODs.
patience is a virtue.

My medical exam took 45mins. He was super nice, showed me all my results, gave me fun medical facts ? and even printed out a copy of my ECG for me to take home. Told him I was gonna frame it up if I get an FOL
Sounds just like my guy. Did you happen to go to Shewmaker?

I just got an email back from my HR rep this morning and he said they have a list and they're just sending the EODS and CILs out as they go down the list so definitely don't give up, just gotta wait and trust the process!

Did you get this before or after your medical appointment?
Before

Not sure if anyone can relate (probably not) but when filling out the medical forms the only options for eye color are brown, black, blue, green, gray, or hazel... I have heterochromia and my driver's license says DIC (Dichromatic). If I put blue or brown am I gonna run across a problem later if it doesn't match my driver's license?

Not sure if anyone can relate (probably not) but when filling out the medical forms the only options for eye color are brown, black, blue, green, gray, or hazel... I have heterochromia and my driver's license says DIC (Dichromatic). If I put blue or brown am I gonna run across a problem later if it doesn't match my driver's license?
Just put whichever color you identify with the most my dude, you're making a big deal out of nothing its gonna be alright

Cleared my medical, emailed my medical guy what my mmpi2 was like said I ain't crazy, emailed security POC said I ain't crazy. Think I'm good to go. Love yall <3

Cleared my medical, emailed my medical guy what my mmpi2 was like said I ain't crazy, emailed security POC said I ain't crazy. Think I'm good to go. Love yall <3
Congrats! Someone over in the 2019 bid was told by HR not to expect anymore FOLs and class dates until January. Time to play the game of hurry up and wait!

Is it normal to have received my eqip registration code, but not the follow up email that is mentioned? I received my registration 2 days ago, but no follow up yet to start doing it.

hopefully I’m not losing time waiting for it to come in.

Back
Top Bottom