Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

That's a great resource, thank you for linking that.

Well, now I'm worried about the blood pressure limits more than the tinnitus :rofl: . My readings at a doctor's office have always been considered high, but I don't recall the numbers.
Same here....

Requirements are right here, brotha. I have some messed up hearing from shooting a .240 Machine gun off next to my head for 3 years but I think I’m gonna be okay for their standard. Doesn’t seem too strict. If I can pass so can you.

Also just found out all my security requirements have been met from my current clearance. So all I have left is my physical and drug test. If anyone’s lurking and has a clearance and didn’t receive a security email, you might already meet those requirements so don’t stress about not getting an email.
Ayyyy “240 hearing treatment” gang lol

Open question for everyone. How is y'all hearing? I suffer from a minor case of Tinnitus - it's so minor that suffer is too strong a word. But I'm wondering how stringent the hearing test is, because I know there is going to be a high frequency or two I miss.
I peeped my results when the nurse stepped oit

it was NR for the first beep on the left and the rest were 20’s

didn’t know 20/20 hearing was a thing.

My medical exam took 45mins. He was super nice, showed me all my results, gave me fun medical facts ? and even printed out a copy of my ECG for me to take home. Told him I was gonna frame it up if I get an FOL

My medical exam took 45mins. He was super nice, showed me all my results, gave me fun medical facts ? and even printed out a copy of my ECG for me to take home. Told him I was gonna frame it up if I get an FOL
did you have to provide a urine sample so they can check for diabetes or whatever? tryna see if I have to prep my bladder before I go

Just curious for those who went thru medical, my left eye struggled meeting 20/20 corrected for distance vision but barely got it at my eye exam. at the medical, do you just read the standard snellen eye chart like at most doctors offices, or do you look through a machine where the letters are randomized? I have documentation that my eyes are both correctable to 20/20 from my eye exam last week in case I fail the FAA eye exam and need a waiver.

Just curious for those who went thru medical, my left eye struggled meeting 20/20 corrected for distance vision but barely got it at my eye exam. at the medical, do you just read the standard snellen eye chart like at most doctors offices, or do you look through a machine where the letters are randomized? I have documentation that my eyes are both correctable to 20/20 from my eye exam last week in case I fail the FAA eye exam and need a waiver.
Look through the machine

My medical took 20 mins tops

Everyone in the office was quick with the process, and it was a geriatric clinic, so I think the Dr was only interested in getting that FAA $$$

If its correctable then you need to get it corrected and go to the exam with it corrected. You won't get a waiver, it needs to be corrected.

If its correctable then you need to get it corrected and go to the exam with it corrected. You won't get a waiver, it needs to be corrected.

Not true, at least in my case. I went to the exam, failed, and then afterwards was sent an email saying I need to submit a form (provided in the email) from an optometrist with my uncorrected and corrected vision, which needs to be 20/20. So you don't need to show up to the exam with it corrected, although it will save you time

Not true, at least in my case. I went to the exam, failed, and then afterwards was sent an email saying I need to submit a form (provided in the email) from an optometrist with my uncorrected and corrected vision, which needs to be 20/20. So you don't need to show up to the exam with it corrected, although it will save you time
My point is why would you go to the physical without it corrected if you already went to the optometrist and it needs correction. You have to correct it either way.

Back
Top Bottom