Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

At what point do they stop waiting to get replies? No one at my work checked the mailbox for the past 4 months so I have no idea when they originally got the forms but they’re sending them now.
I'm wondering the same thing. I don't have a lot of confidence in my management's sense of urgency. I think (hope?) the worst it can do is hold up the process, which is still upsetting lol

I'm wondering the same thing. I don't have a lot of confidence in my management's sense of urgency. I think (hope?) the worst it can do is hold up the process, which is still upsetting lol
On the paper they receive, it says something like “please respond quickly so we can process the applicant and get them cleared quicker” (can’t remember the exact verbiage lol). But I’d think after a certain amount of time, they’d probably just move on and stop waiting for a reply

On the paper they receive, it says something like “please respond quickly so we can process the applicant and get them cleared quicker” (can’t remember the exact verbiage lol). But I’d think after a certain amount of time, they’d probably just move on and stop waiting for a reply
I hope so. I’m pretty sure my work just doesn’t wanna fill out the form cause they don’t want me to leave.

Out of curiosity is this pay table read by the bottom number being base pay and the top number your pay with locality?

Attachments

• 9E8DEB90-3DFC-45FD-ACCB-DAA467E2E3E0.png
    9E8DEB90-3DFC-45FD-ACCB-DAA467E2E3E0.png
    292.5 KB · Views: 121
Out of curiosity is this pay table read by the bottom number being base pay and the top number your pay with locality?
The bottom number is the start of the pay band, the top number is top rate for the pay band. Locality pay is already factored into the numbers.

The bottom number is the start of the pay band, the top number is top rate for the pay band. Locality pay is already factored into the numbers.
And FYI the only way to get to the top of the pay band, realistically, is to go somewhere higher first and then come back down. The NATCA-negotiated raise (1.6% each July, for the current contract) raises you within the pay band but the government-wide raise (1% this year) raises both the top and bottom of the band along with everyone in it.

And FYI the only way to get to the top of the pay band, realistically, is to go somewhere higher first and then come back down. The NATCA-negotiated raise (1.6% each July, for the current contract) raises you within the pay band but the government-wide raise (1% this year) raises both the top and bottom of the band along with everyone in it.
Ok thanks for the info

As far as the forms sent to your current employer does anyone know if it comes with a return envelope or if it can be sent back in a regular envelope? My manager wants to make sure she doesn’t screw this up somehow.

As far as the forms sent to your current employer does anyone know if it comes with a return envelope or if it can be sent back in a regular envelope? My manager wants to make sure she doesn’t screw this up somehow.
They came with a business reply envelope. My boss sent me a picture of them before they were dropped off lol

Got it. I’m pretty sure my manager lost that so it’s getting sent back in a regular envelope and I’m hoping for the best.
I’m sure it’s fine

well $700 later, my cardiologist cleared me and said I'm a healthy 30 year old and doesn't know why the FAA needed all the extra stuff, so I'm sending that in today and I should be medically cleared and ready to go. :)
Sorry you had to go through that and spend so much money, but I’m glad there’s nothing wrong and that you’re good to go! Did the FAA ever say what was wrong with your ekg that prompted it? My heart rate was a little fast, but the AME said it’d be fine, so I’m hoping I’m good ??

Sorry you had to go through that and spend so much money, but I’m glad there’s nothing wrong and that you’re good to go! Did the FAA ever say what was wrong with your ekg that prompted it? My heart rate was a little fast, but the AME said it’d be fine, so I’m hoping I’m good ??
yeah mine was too low. it was 57bpm

yeah i think having a lower heart beat than normal is kind of a red flag for the FAA if it impacts your way of life. It causes extreme fatigue on some people, dizzy spells so forth for not getting enough blood to the rest of your body. But some people like myself just run on a lower heartbeat and its completely normal.

Anyone know why AME's listed 30 minutes from me aren't on the list and I'm forced to drive at least an hour and a half for my medical? Are the AME's on the list a higher tier or something?

Back
Top Bottom