Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Anyone with insight: what would you estimate the average age of your basics/academy classes have been? Recently turned 23 and wondering if I'm too young (or you know, just not mature enough in life) to start applying to the next bid. I know everyone's different and the hiring process can drag on for months-years, but just curious about the average starting ages of people for this career.
ATC is one of those careers where you have to start "young" by the age of 31. That being said, I'm 21 and still going through the slow process. Never a bad idea to apply early as we all know how long the process can be. The instructors won't care about your age, but how serious you take the Academy.

Wow that'll knock about 3-5 months off the waiting game then. This is getting exciting lol
Those 3-5 months are just gonna get tacked on between getting fully cleared and getting a class date. Every class seat is being filled and we aren't even to the people cleared in March. Expect to be waiting a while and if it turns out differently it will be a pleasant surprise.

Does this application update mean anything?

"A referral list for Pool 2 was issued. Your application is among those being reviewed. Your Air Traffic Skills Assessment (ATSA) results placed you in the "Qualified" category of applicants. Please click the "Additional Application Information" button below for more details."

It changed from "your test score was blah blah blah"

Does this application update mean anything?

"A referral list for Pool 2 was issued. Your application is among those being reviewed. Your Air Traffic Skills Assessment (ATSA) results placed you in the "Qualified" category of applicants. Please click the "Additional Application Information" button below for more details."

It changed from "your test score was blah blah blah"
It just means your in the referral list now. So your not hired but your not eliminated. But you prolly won’t get hired this time if your test score was qualified

Those 3-5 months are just gonna get tacked on between getting fully cleared and getting a class date. Every class seat is being filled and we aren't even to the people cleared in March. Expect to be waiting a while and if it turns out differently it will be a pleasant surprise.
Yes for the waiting but not necessarily “tacked on” to the process if anything generally shorter than most

Went through two interviews with two investigators finally notified that I’m done with my security. I assumed that I didn’t get the conditional one since it really took forever

Got a call today at 12:30 from TH. I have been slotted for Enroute September 3rd. She also gave me the option of either the 13th or the 3rd. Way early in this process I called TH and asked to be slotted into a terminal class date. She said sure. But yea didn't think it meant anything. I had asked when do you think terminal class dates will be opened up again, she said they don't have that information nor will it seem to be that they will for the rest of 2021. She said they are currently trying to fill enroute classes. I am assuming most of the people still left are gonna be slotted into enroute. I called TH and was verbally told I was cleared, this was in late march. I had finished all of my pre-onboarding in February for anyone wondering. If you are hoping for a terminal class or holding out for one good luck. I wanted one too but hey at least im moving forward now.

I got the same email and replied now figuring out housing. Guess we will be celebrating christmas in OKC
I was wondering about that. Is there any time off during the holidays or is it a straight through schooling since it’s on the weekend this year?

I understand it sucks if you wanted the opposite of what you got, but imo the safe bet is to accept it with open arms and try to change your facility later on in your career. I know that's very very difficult, but I just cant imagine passing up anything I'm handed here. Then again some people are already in a decent career and making good money, wheres the best paying job I've ever had rivaled AG pay lol.

I understand it sucks if you wanted the opposite of what you got, but imo the safe bet is to accept it with open arms and try to change your facility later on in your career. I know that's very very difficult, but I just cant imagine passing up anything I'm handed here. Then again some people are already in a decent career and making good money, wheres the best paying job I've ever had rivaled AG pay lol.
For sure man. I did well in enroute while in school just had more fun in terminal but nothing I cant grind out and move into later. Gotta get the ball rolling

Back
Top Bottom