Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I was wondering about that. Is there any time off during the holidays or is it a straight through schooling since it’s on the weekend this year?
If the holiday falls on the weekend. Government employees observe on the day before or after. The academy is faa but the instructors are contracted so not sure how that works.

I was wondering about that. Is there any time off during the holidays or is it a straight through schooling since it’s on the weekend this year?
I was there last Christmas. 25th was on a Friday, our class was scheduled all the way till the 24th and had night shift. If it weren't for the executive order making the 24th an observed holiday, I would've been running problems on Christmas eve and leave the academy on Christmas day midnight.

Yea thanks for your non answer to my simple question. I’ve read the faqs but the wording has changed since the first time I looked at it so I didn’t know if it was heading one way or the other in terms of professionalism.
I'm planning on nice jeans/slacks and collard shirts

edit: collard? collared? words are hard.

As of this morning, all September class seats have been filled.
No way..... This is just pain.... I finally got a response from CG as well.

" Unfortunately, we are still waiting for the Air Traffic Office to provide us with the new class listings. We typically receive the updated class lists in August, but it’s possible we may receive copies before the end of this month. Normally there are more En Route Classes than Terminal classes available, this is due to the experienced applicants mostly being placed into Terminal facilities."

So this pretty much means we will not have a class until October or November. We got about another 3 to 4 months ladies and gents. Lol lets just keep on waiting y'all.

" Unfortunately, we are still waiting for the Air Traffic Office to provide us with the new class listings. We typically receive the updated class lists in August, but it’s possible we may receive copies before the end of this month. Normally there are more En Route Classes than Terminal classes available, this is due to the experienced applicants mostly being placed into Terminal facilities."

So this pretty much means we will not have a class until October or November. We got about another 3 to 4 months ladies and gents. Lol lets just keep on waiting y'all.
I was cleared in May because it took my boss 3 months to send my forms in. I haven’t seen many people cleared that late. So I’m hoping I’ll be in the October or November class. Anybody else cleared that late?

They're also waiting on the new fiscal year so they have an idea of what budget they have, which that starts in October. I was told I'm lower on the list and it is looking like somewhere from November to January. Also there may be a possible increase in salary.

Interesting they say more experienced applicants are placed into terminal facilities, I thought it was just random/whatever comes up first

Back
Top Bottom