Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

it's a long strenuous process, you have to want it its no walk in the park

It can be. But it can also be the easiest job ever to get into for some people. I took three or four days off of work for the various tests, the rest of the time was living my normal life prior to the bid and waiting. There was no interview, no college degree required for some, just a lot of patience.

but does anyone know if it’s graded on a curve
I can’t be 100% sure, but I thought I’ve read somewhere that it is graded on a curve to a point. I believe you have to pass the minimums and then it’s curved from there. Something like the top X% get BQ, next Y% get WQ. Qualified individuals are the remaining candidates who passed but didn’t make the curve cut-off. Not qualified means you straight up failed.

I know no one really knows how the ATSA is graded, but does anyone know if it’s graded on a curve — relative to how others perform — or on a traditional/numerical scale (e.g., 90-100 is an ‘A’, 80-89 is a ‘B,’ etc.)?

Just curious as I’m hyped for the upcoming OTS bid.
No one knows how they grade it and they may change how they grade it every time

I know no one really knows how the ATSA is graded, but does anyone know if it’s graded on a curve — relative to how others perform — or on a traditional/numerical scale (e.g., 90-100 is an ‘A’, 80-89 is a ‘B,’ etc.)?

Just curious as I’m hyped for the upcoming OTS bid.

I've seen folks on here report using ATSA results from previous bids and seeing their reported scores change. Aviator, the FAA's online application tracker, even uses the verbiage "...based on most recent ATSA results" when describing each of the qualifying rankings, so it is almost certainly relative to how others score.

I've seen folks on here report using ATSA results from previous bids and seeing their reported scores change. Aviator, the FAA's online application tracker, even uses the verbiage "...based on most recent ATSA results" when describing each of the qualifying rankings, so it is almost certainly relative to how others score.
I hope so.

But what I don't quite understand is, assuming they grade the test relative to how others score during a specific bid, why they would curve ATSA scores from previous bids? In other words, if they're updating scores from previous bids, then it seems they're curving the test relative to how others have scored in the past few years instead of a specific year like 2020 ATSA scores, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I guess there's really no point in trying to figure it out; I was just curious.

I just have to do the best I can.

I hope so.

But what I don't quite understand is, assuming they grade the test relative to how others score during a specific bid, why they would curve ATSA scores from previous bids? In other words, if they're updating scores from previous bids, then it seems they're curving the test relative to how others have scored in the past few years instead of a specific year like 2020 ATSA scores, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I guess there's really no point in trying to figure it out; I was just curious.

I just have to do the best I can.
This is merely speculation at this point, but I'd imagine that rescoring has precisely nothing to do with the previous bid and everything to do with the current one. All the FAA would have to do is take the actual numerical score from a previous bid and compare it to the ones in the current bid. Thus someone's WQ from 2019 could be a BQ in 2020, suggesting a less competitive applicant pool.

This is merely speculation at this point, but I'd imagine that rescoring has precisely nothing to do with the previous bid and everything to do with the current one. All the FAA would have to do is take the actual numerical score from a previous bid and compare it to the ones in the current bid. Thus someone's WQ from 2019 could be a BQ in 2020, suggesting a less competitive applicant pool.
Gotcha. And what if someone decides to retake the test, would the new score void the old score?

MedExpress question: it asks for a list of all current/past Rx. I've been going to the derm regularly for the last 6 years for various eczemas and skin issues. I've probably been prescribed like 20 different medications over trial & error. I genuinely can't remember all their scientific names, I only remember what I'm currently taking. So how should I go about filling out the form?

MedExpress question: it asks for a list of all current/past Rx. I've been going to the derm regularly for the last 6 years for various eczemas and skin issues. I've probably been prescribed like 20 different medications over trial & error. I genuinely can't remember all their scientific names, I only remember what I'm currently taking. So how should I go about filling out the form?
Answer to the best of your knowledge (and truthfully).

Ask the pharmacy for the list.

First time going through all of this process (and first post here...)

Is anyone having a difficult time scheduling their MMPI-2? I haven't heard back from the proctor in a full week. My CIL said there could be delays at some facilities for COVID-19 reasons which is understandable. Should I call a facility that's further away or just wait it out? I'm trying to be as painless for the HR and FAA staff as humanly possible lol. TIA!

Make every attempt to track down prescription lists. Go get pharmacy records. Go get records from your doctor. Try to put down as much info as possible.

Back
Top Bottom