Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

What security clearance level is SF86 considered? Top Secret?
If you end up at an ARTCC or a large terminal facility, you’ll likely end up being granted a Secret clearance some point down the road. No ATCS has a Top Secret clearance. You don’t have any clearance at all while at the Academy.

If you end up at an ARTCC or a large terminal facility, you’ll likely end up being granted a Secret clearance some point down the road. No ATCS has a Top Secret clearance. You don’t have any clearance at all while at the Academy.
Now even ADW?

I haven't heard of this, but if you've been on the phone with FAA HR a few times, what answers are they giving you? Obviously you know that you took the exam, and can semi prove that via PSI. If they're telling you "You haven't taken it" then I would ask to speak to the supervisor (or whomever is above that person and simply explain the situation to that point. I have found that sometimes HR can be stubborn, and refusing to help because of a blanket statement. Good luck!
You need to call aviation careers. Don't let them not give an answer. Ask to speak to higher ups if needed.

Thanks for the advice! I called the FAA again today, and I have been told once again there is a glitch causing the USAJobs website to misreport some test results. I was given no timeline regarding a potential fix, which is frustrating (I called last week and they told me it would be fixed by yesterday). After attempting to get the agent to connect me with someone else, she did confirm that other applicants were calling in to report similar issues. She also noted that FAA will not be sending TOLs until everyone who applied has had a chance to test.

What's unnerving is that without a timeline for the fix and a concise idea of how long it will take FAA/PSI to conclude testing for this bid, I am not sure how quickly I should be expecting this to be resolved. I also have yet to see anyone else report similar experiences to mine online, which given how little information I was unable to get out of FAA/PSI, I find quite surprising.

Anyway, I don't mean to monopolize the thread gripe about my experience thus far. That said, if anyone is experiencing anything of the like, I would love to hear from you.

Best of luck everyone!

Thanks for the advice! I called the FAA again today, and I have been told once again there is a glitch causing the USAJobs website to misreport some test results. I was given no timeline regarding a potential fix, which is frustrating (I called last week and they told me it would be fixed by yesterday). After attempting to get the agent to connect me with someone else, she did confirm that other applicants were calling in to report similar issues. She also noted that FAA will not be sending TOLs until everyone who applied has had a chance to test.

What's unnerving is that without a timeline for the fix and a concise idea of how long it will take FAA/PSI to conclude testing for this bid, I am not sure how quickly I should be expecting this to be resolved. I also have yet to see anyone else report similar experiences to mine online, which given how little information I was unable to get out of FAA/PSI, I find quite surprising.

Anyway, I don't mean to monopolize the thread gripe about my experience thus far. That said, if anyone is experiencing anything of the like, I would love to hear from you.

Best of luck everyone!
Honestly, something sounds amiss. I would truthfully try to talk to someone above the basic HR rep. Especially if it's actually saying "Not Referred"

I am curious regarding the TOL until everyone has tested theory. I was suppose to test in May but my test was cancelled but I had a score in the system from last year. I can’t see them allowing me test sometime this year and change the score. Seems like a lot of work to manage all that.

Best of luck everyone!
be

I am curious regarding the TOL until everyone has tested theory. I was suppose to test in May but my test was cancelled but I had a score in the system from last year. I can’t see them allowing me test sometime this year and change the score. Seems like a lot of work to manage all that.

be

Yeah I was actually thinking the same thing. They reused scores for people who applied and couldn't take the exam but took one last year. Wouldn't this be considered a unfair advantage? Or will people who reused their scores be able to retest? That means that they have to go through everyone who reused their score, and ask them if they want to re-test and they already told people who couldn't take the ATSA (if they havent taken one before) that they were not referred for this bid so they will need to go back and ask people who didn't take the test if they want to take it?

What a trainwreck.

Yeah I was actually thinking the same thing. They reused scores for people who applied and couldn't take the exam but took one last year. Wouldn't this be considered a unfair advantage? Or will people who reused their scores be able to retest? That means that they have to go through everyone who reused their score, and ask them if they want to re-test and they already told people who couldn't take the ATSA (if they havent taken one before) that they were not referred for this bid so they will need to go back and ask people who didn't take the test if they want to take it?

What a trainwreck.
Yeah, screw my new score, let me use my old one haha

But on another note, if their plan was to wait until everyone has tested, whats the point of even updating anyone's scores at all? But then again. I've seen crazier/dumber shit happen so...

For the next step, and a number of subsequent steps, you're gonna have to just wait with no real time frame

What a trainwreck.

Per the email sent in May:

3. If you completed the ATSA previously.
  • Results are valid for three years from the test date and may be used instead of testing again.
  • If you do not complete the exam during this testing window, and have a ATSA on file less than three years old, your previous results will automatically be used.
  • No action is required of you.

My interpretation is that only people who were unable to take the ATSA during the testing window and haven't taken it in the previous 3 years will be able to test during the second window. I guess your SOL if you wanted to try to improve a score from a previous year.

Seen a thread on reddit about a new bid. Could this possibly cover the applicants from the jan 2020 bid that had their ATSAs cancelled due to covid? Will goku defeat frieza? Find out on the next episode of FAAball Z in 24 weeks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200707-133358_rif is fun.jpg
    Screenshot_20200707-133358_rif is fun.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 129
Honestly, something sounds amiss. I would truthfully try to talk to someone above the basic HR rep. Especially if it's actually saying "Not Referred"
You were correct. I went around directly to FAA HR. FAA's vendor (not PSI, but a New Zealand based company) did not report a score for one half of my exam. It does not seem like the results will be recovered, but they will be giving me (and others who were unable to test or unlucky enough to have their exams go missing) another chance to test. FAA is moving on from PSI, and the transition along with COVID means that there is no solid timeline for the next round of testing at this point.

You can disregard that. I was given that information from the contractor at the general help desk line, but the recruitment management folks let me know that there will be at least two rounds of selections from this bid. I did not ask for a date as it doesn't pertain to me, but I am guessing that TOLs will be going out pretty quickly for those on the referral list.

I just wanted to thank you all for the insight and advice. I would no doubt be in ATSA purgatory indefinitely if y'all hadn't pushed me to get a hold of someone willing to give me a little individual attention. Next time, I hope to check in with an actual score. :)

Seen a thread on reddit about a new bid. Could this possibly cover the applicants from the jan 2020 bid that had their ATSAs cancelled due to covid? Will goku defeat frieza? Find out on the next episode of FAAball Z in 24 weeks!

This is all speculation so don’t read into what I’m saying too much. If this summer bid is legit, I feel like that is the bid for people who didn’t/weren’t able to test this past May/June. Like previously mentioned, why give us our scores and referrals if the plan or idea is to wait until everyone has tested? The academy is opened back up allegedly. People are receiving FOLs (allegedly) and welcome packets (allegedly) so if the process is moving along for everyone else, why would they pause our pipeline and wait for people to test?

I’m trying to think that way! This was my first time applying. My best friend actually is a ATC and she loves it so I’m hoping it works out!
I'm in the exact same boat with you Hannah, only I live in a neighborhood where every other neighbor is an Air Traffic Controller ?

You must not know any controllers... ?
I personally didn't "know" any controllers up until November 2019 (I was 20 then, now 21). I lived in the country in the Appalachian Mountains that wasn't close to an airport or en route facilities. I guess it could very well be possible she doesn't, or she may find it fascinating that I have basically an entire neighborhood of them next to me ? honestly, they're great people! Very bubbly, never see them without a smile on their face, early-mid 30s.

Back
Top Bottom