Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Do you all think they'll send everyone's CIL out around the same time? Like no one will see it till all of us have gotten our EOD paperwork approved?

Do you all think they'll send everyone's CIL out around the same time? Like no one will see it till all of us have gotten our EOD paperwork approved?
No. They can only send so many at a time and have to spread them out so they don’t overwhelm medical and everything else

This I understand, but why space out EODS as has been said earlier in the thread? Are they worried about overwhelming a server? Lol
I mean someone has to actually go through the forms you submit on there I’m guessing? Idk how it works on their end. Maybe it’s to not overwhelm them?

I mean someone has to actually go through the forms you submit on there I’m guessing? Idk how it works on their end. Maybe it’s to not overwhelm them?
No I get it, it just sounded like it was a mandated thing, like they could only sent out X number of EODS as opposed to their ability to send them out at their own pace. Maybe I misunderstood.

No I get it, it just sounded like it was a mandated thing, like they could only sent out X number of EODS as opposed to their ability to send them out at their own pace. Maybe I misunderstood.
Yeah idk lol I’m just here for the ride. Over a week since I submitted all my EODS forms and just patiently waiting for something else. As excited as I am to get started and leave my current job, I’m content knowing I have a TOL and EODS done. Everything else will come when it comes. Although I’m a little anxious about talks of shutting things down again ????

I’ve been trying not to say this but you guys seriously need to listen to those who are on the inside. We have been in the agency substantially longer and have dealt with quite a bit more. 32, for all his opinions, has been through a good amount in terms of recent training delays and how the FAA/government screws you over. I’ve been in even less time and had to deal with the shutdown during my application process and have had to deal with this in my actual “career” post academy.

I understand you guys and girls are all looking for something to hold onto or some sign of moving forward. But consider this, I along with a bunch of other trainees got sent home on March 19th. I haven’t been back since. The only training that’s happened at my facility is for those already in the building. With the gating criteria and individual training “programs” in place it’ll take even longer.

I was at stage 3 labs, I’m much further along than all of you whom haven’t even been to the academy yet and I don’t expect to reasonably be back until summer next year unless the government completely over rides the union and something drastic happens.

Can something happen that changes all of the above? Absolutely, but please for once listen to those who’ve been there and done that. Believe it or not we have been through it and know what we are talking about.

Chill the hell out and be patient. The union is in no rush to get you trained at x facility. Even if you got through the academy by the end of 2021 you’ll be in the middle of the worst national training backlog in the history of the FAA.

Oh, in case you want to know what to look forward to, this week we started AT basics in our zoom classes again. Yes, the first lessons you ever learn in the FAA, that’s what we are covering to justify our time at home.

Back
Top Bottom