Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I’ve been trying not to say this but you guys seriously need to listen to those who are on the inside. We have been in the agency substantially longer and have dealt with quite a bit more. 32, for all his opinions, has been through a good amount in terms of recent training delays and how the FAA/government screws you over. I’ve been in even less time and had to deal with the shutdown during my application process and have had to deal with this in my actual “career” post academy.

I understand you guys and girls are all looking for something to hold onto or some sign of moving forward. But consider this, I along with a bunch of other trainees got sent home on March 19th. I haven’t been back since. The only training that’s happened at my facility is for those already in the building. With the gating criteria and individual training “programs” in place it’ll take even longer.

I was at stage 3 labs, I’m much further along than all of you whom haven’t even been to the academy yet and I don’t expect to reasonably be back until summer next year unless the government completely over rides the union and something drastic happens.

Can something happen that changes all of the above? Absolutely, but please for once listen to those who’ve been there and done that. Believe it or not we have been through it and know what we are talking about.

Chill the hell out and be patient. The union is in no rush to get you trained at x facility. Even if you got through the academy by the end of 2021 you’ll be in the middle of the worst national training backlog in the history of the FAA.

Oh, in case you want to know what to look forward to, this week we started AT basics in our zoom classes again. Yes, the first lessons you ever learn in the FAA, that’s what we are covering to justify our time at home.
So.... any updates?

I’ve been trying not to say this but you guys seriously need to listen to those who are on the inside. We have been in the agency substantially longer and have dealt with quite a bit more. 32, for all his opinions, has been through a good amount in terms of recent training delays and how the FAA/government screws you over. I’ve been in even less time and had to deal with the shutdown during my application process and have had to deal with this in my actual “career” post academy.

I understand you guys and girls are all looking for something to hold onto or some sign of moving forward. But consider this, I along with a bunch of other trainees got sent home on March 19th. I haven’t been back since. The only training that’s happened at my facility is for those already in the building. With the gating criteria and individual training “programs” in place it’ll take even longer.

I was at stage 3 labs, I’m much further along than all of you whom haven’t even been to the academy yet and I don’t expect to reasonably be back until summer next year unless the government completely over rides the union and something drastic happens.

Can something happen that changes all of the above? Absolutely, but please for once listen to those who’ve been there and done that. Believe it or not we have been through it and know what we are talking about.

Chill the hell out and be patient. The union is in no rush to get you trained at x facility. Even if you got through the academy by the end of 2021 you’ll be in the middle of the worst national training backlog in the history of the FAA.

Oh, in case you want to know what to look forward to, this week we started AT basics in our zoom classes again. Yes, the first lessons you ever learn in the FAA, that’s what we are covering to justify our time at home.
I agree, ppl need to be patient, but your scenario doesn’t apply to all. People from 2019 have been getting dates, like I mentioned earlier... I don’t think it’s anyone’s saying on how the FAA is going to handle things. You or us don’t know what they’re planning or how they’ll proceed with 2019 bid and 2020.
ppl are excited tho, long process or not this is our footstep into a career that will change lives. Ppl are curios and will keep asking for info etc.. it’s not a bad thing.

Don’t be a party pooper.

So.... any updates?
Actually yes, they now further reduced the amount of training teams on the floor from 2 to 1. So, even further slowing the process down.
I agree, ppl need to be patient, but your scenario doesn’t apply to all. People from 2019 have been getting dates, like I mentioned earlier... I don’t think it’s anyone’s saying on how the FAA is going to handle things. You or us don’t know what they’re planning or how they’ll proceed with 2019 bid and 2020.
ppl are excited tho, long process or not this is our footstep into a career that will change lives. Ppl are curios and will keep asking for info etc.. it’s not a bad thing.

Don’t be a party pooper.
No, you're right, it doesn't apply to all. While we can't say what the agency will or won't do I, and many others, can reasonably tell you what to expect at this point and what to expect post academy. Being excited is fine, but expecting all EODs to go out the same day or even week is a little absurd. Somebody has to verify that the info wasn't screwed up. Asking for reasonable information I'm fine with, but everybody posting on here saying " has anybody from *insert initials* gotten *insert step in the process* is taking it a bit far IMO. You'll get it when they can and as hard as it is to realize, it won't be done at the same time for all applicants.

Done and done, thanks ;) (this was a joke btw lol)

All good in the hood. I just hope most people take my post for a small reality check and not just me complaining about them asking for legit information. As a friend of mine in the same situation said

“We're in the worst training position in the history of the agency.”

That about sums it up for all of us. Even those waiting for the academy.

Anybody else checking EODS on the hour every hours to see if the forms are approved. Or is that just me? I have TH. I think she’s missing in action.
I also have TH and have been doing the same thing until someone said you get an email notification when they change status. I know she was out of the office about a week ago. It seems like everyone who has her hasn’t gotten any further. Which is fine. Just trying to be patient. I just hope everything with her is okay! You never know what someone else is going through, especially right now. We also have to keep in mind we’re the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to priorities with HR lol

Yeah, you guys should chill out because this guy has been sitting at home since March. Jk, continue to enjoy checking your email for eods and cils if that's what is helping you pass the time. It's exciting to be going through this process, carry on with your refreshing.

Yeah, you guys should chill out because this guy has been sitting at home since March. Jk, continue to enjoy checking your email for eods and cils if that's what is helping you pass the time. It's exciting to be going through this process, carry on with your refreshing.

Hahaha, i wish I was among those sitting at home able to afford all the EA only. But I saw the writing on the wall and went got a second job around June. Me bringing up being “home” since March isn’t me beating on my chest and flexing, I’m simply trying to add a little perspective to the situation.

For the record, I’m not telling anybody not to refresh their email(s). Again, my point is only stating that to expect everybody will get the same info at the same time is a little unreasonable.

Also, HR people have lives too, and it’s not only to serve the applicants’ possible future. They may be on leave or had a storm tear through their home and now they don’t have power.

I also have TH and have been doing the same thing until someone said you get an email notification when they change status. I know she was out of the office about a week ago. It seems like everyone who has her hasn’t gotten any further. Which is fine. Just trying to be patient. I just hope everything with her is okay! You never know what someone else is going through, especially right now. We also have to keep in mind we’re the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to priorities with HR lol
For sure for sure! Definitely hope all is well and she’s just on vacation. I refuse to call her and bug her so I’m trying my best to be patient. Thanks for letting me know that we get an email. That makes my life that much easier. Now I’ll just check my email lol.

For sure for sure! Definitely hope all is well and she’s just on vacation. I refuse to call her and bug her so I’m trying my best to be patient. Thanks for letting me know that we get an email. That makes my life that much easier. Now I’ll just check my email lol.
No problem! Did you get one of your EODS emails from CG as well?

Hahaha, i wish I was among those sitting at home able to afford all the EA only. But I saw the writing on the wall and went got a second job around June. Me bringing up being “home” since March isn’t me beating on my chest and flexing, I’m simply trying to add a little perspective to the situation.

For the record, I’m not telling anybody not to refresh their email(s). Again, my point is only stating that to expect everybody will get the same info at the same time is a little unreasonable.

Also, HR people have lives too, and it’s not only to serve the applicants’ possible future. They may be on leave or had a storm tear through their home and now they don’t have power.
This year is unique, but every single year somebody post something along the same lines of "calm down and just keep living your lives". I remember sitting in a job that every day i prayed that i didn't get murdered waiting on my first break at civilian ATC. Enjoy the ride and don't let salty controllers get you down.

Also, HR people have lives too, and it’s not only to serve the applicants’ possible future. They may be on leave or had a storm tear through their home and now they don’t have

No problem! Did you get one of your EODS emails from CG as well?
I did, I actually emailed her my transcripts and she CC'd TH for me. She was super quick with her responses as well!

Back
Top Bottom