Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I think I’ll be doing my medical exam in Vancouver, but I scheduled my MMPI in Spokane, PDX didn’t answer and I called Spokane just to see and the guy picked up there lol. As far as fingerprints go, I’m using a 3rd party I found here in Vancouver.... so luckily it’s working out. I thought we had to use a law enforcement agency for some reason (or the FAA).... so I’m glad that wasn’t the case. How was the process of doing your medical here?
Yeah, PDX’s systems are being upgraded or are otherwise down for some reason. That’s what I was told when I called. I got in at Eugene although it took a few weeks and a couple of reschedules to finally get it done.

As far as the medical exam goes, it took 10 maybe 15 minutes tops. Plus a few minutes filling out a form while waiting in the lobby. Aside from the drug test, it was the quickest part of this process.

Have been waiting for over a month to ask for a status update after hearing that my file was with the flight surgeon. Reached out to an Applicant Analyst from medical and she told me that the Flight Surgeon assigned to my paperwork has been on sick leave for over a month. She swapped it to another flight surgeon. While I was talking to her I asked about the MMPI and she was able to see that I cleared the MMPI. So if y’all feel like you’re taking to long to clear then maybe you had the same Flight Surgeon assigned. Does not hurt to email people either.

Done with medical today. The Doctor and nurse were super nice and friendly, took about 20 mins and told me everything looked good.
Drug test on Monday and back to the waiting game.

Have been waiting for over a month to ask for a status update after hearing that my file was with the flight surgeon. Reached out to an Applicant Analyst from medical and she told me that the Flight Surgeon assigned to my paperwork has been on sick leave for over a month. She swapped it to another flight surgeon. While I was talking to her I asked about the MMPI and she was able to see that I cleared the MMPI. So if y’all feel like you’re taking to long to clear then maybe you had the same Flight Surgeon assigned. Does not hurt to email people either.
I heard he should be getting out of the hospital this week and will be getting around to my file sometime next week. Apparently they are down 50% flight surgeons right now so it’s kind of a mess.

Completed everything mid February. I was hoping to hear back end of March sometime but I'm guessing that's optimistic if they are understaffed. I will patiently/impatiently wait for an update. Anyone have an idea how long security will attempt to reach out to former employers before giving up? Or do they ever?

Completed everything mid February. I was hoping to hear back end of March sometime but I'm guessing that's optimistic if they are understaffed. I will patiently/impatiently wait for an update. Anyone have an idea how long security will attempt to reach out to former employers before giving up? Or do they ever?
They reached out to almost everyone’s current employer. They reached out to mine asking if I was trustworthy and verified my employment status. Took all of three minutes for my manager to complete.

I heard he should be getting out of the hospital this week and will be getting around to my file sometime next week. Apparently they are down 50% flight surgeons right now so it’s kind of a mess.
Yes, the Analyst I spoke with said they are in a big hole because people get sick then are out because they have a “Covid review” which takes even more time.

Do they reach out to all 3 of your references? My investigator said they were going to reach out to my references 2 weeks ago but none of them have heard anything yet

Do they reach out to all 3 of your references? My investigator said they were going to reach out to my references 2 weeks ago but none of them have heard anything yet
None of my references were contacted and I received a conditional security clearance.

My investigator said he would called my references a week later and they were contacted two weeks later, but I think they’re just too busy

Last edited:
I currently have two jobs and put down on the SF-86 that I am employed by both jobs, but only one has gotten the DOD form. It was the employer that I have been working for longer though. Anyone else with two jobs who has been through this last step yet? And I just got the email saying I have been medically cleared does that mean I cleared the MMPI?

I currently have two jobs and put down on the SF-86 that I am employed by both jobs, but only one has gotten the DOD form. It was the employer that I have been working for longer though. Anyone else with two jobs who has been through this last step yet? And I just got the email saying I have been medically cleared does that mean I cleared the MMPI?
I started a new job in July and they haven’t received a DOD form (unless they are waiting for me to say something). But my previous employer where I was employed for almost 6 years received the DOD form. So I’m not sure how it works. For MMPI, if you are medically cleared, then you passed it. I passed mine but I’m still waiting for medical clearance.

I started a new job in July and they haven’t received a DOD form (unless they are waiting for me to say something). But my previous employer where I was employed for almost 6 years received the DOD form. So I’m not sure how it works. For MMPI, if you are medically cleared, then you passed it. I passed mine but I’m still waiting for medical clearance.
awesome thanks for the input!

They might reach out to all 3, but they might also not contact any of them

It could also be months before they contact any of them

They reached out to almost everyone’s current employer. They reached out to mine asking if I was trustworthy and verified my employment status. Took all of three minutes for my manager to complete
Just heard from two pervious employers and my current employer that they received questionnaires in the mail yesterday and already mailed them out. So I guess they got hold of them lol.

Anyone else find it extremely awkward when their boss got their paperwork? My boss sent an email to the director of operations, and is now ignoring me. He also shoved the papers in the desk, and I don’t think he’s going to fill them out. He’s very upset. Sucks being mid level management.

Anyone else find it extremely awkward when their boss got their paperwork? My boss sent an email to the director of operations, and is now ignoring me. He also shoved the papers in the desk, and I don’t think he’s going to fill them out. He’s very upset. Sucks being mid level management.
I haven’t said anything to my current employer and they haven’t said anything to me. Yet, my previous employer received it two weeks ago and mailed it out the same day. Maybe they’re waiting for me to say something? I’ll probably say something Monday.

Back
Top Bottom