Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Finally got confirmation that my fingerprints have in fact been received. My security package has been sent off to do whatever else needs done.

Looking at above posts, if KH is my rep and on leave - am I supposed to get an e-mail about that, or do I need to wait for whoever is taking his place to contact me first? All my instructions have been completed, so just hurrying up and waiting now.

Finally got confirmation that my fingerprints have in fact been received. My security package has been sent off to do whatever else needs done.

Looking at above posts, if KH is my rep and on leave - am I supposed to get an e-mail about that, or do I need to wait for whoever is taking his place to contact me first? All my instructions have been completed, so just hurrying up and waiting now.
I’d suggest sending a general “want to make sure you don’t need anything further” type email to KH. I don’t think anyone is gonna tell you if you don’t ask.

CS is who I’m rolling with now. Let this be a lesson to everyone, reach out if you have questions. Tune out people saying you’re “bugging” them or leave them alone you’ll hear from them soon, whatever, fuck that. Had I not read this forum and reached out, I would have never known about RK peacing out all the sudden. They’re not always gonna reach out to you. It’s your career, dont be afraid to make them work, it’s their job. If you have questions, concerns, by all means bug the shit out of them.

That being said I've had CS for a year and a half now and she is very much a "there are no new updates, we will be in contact with you when there is an update" kind of rep so I'd still suggest not bugging her for your own peace of mind lmao.

That being said I've had CS for a year and a half now and she is very much a "there are no new updates, we will be in contact with you when there is an update" kind of rep so I'd still suggest not bugging her for your own peace of mind lmao.
Lol she’s not even my rep and I asked her for an update on my status and she went out of her way to check on my clearances and let me know I’m clear and that my rep will give me a class date when one is available...and my rep did exactly that the next day. CS is always helpful for me!

I'm also on team bug HR (occasionally). I got an email from the medical people a month ago saying I was cleared. I assumed I was still waiting on security because neither my employer nor my references have been contacted. I emailed CG today asking for an update and she said I have been pending a class date for a month. Had I not reached out I probably wouldn't have been told.

Yeah that’s the gist of the response I got from her today. I haven’t needed to bug anyone since December, but when I do.... I’m gonna be like a fly on shit.

I have a great hurry up and wait routine going. Lots of Hockey, lots of golf, and barely any work. The only thing messing with my peace of mind is not getting the ball off the tee consistently. Driving me fucking NUTS. Everyone try and enjoy your time before OKC starts! This is the most calm our lives will be for a while.

Yeah that’s the gist of the response I got from her today. I haven’t needed to bug anyone since December, but when I do.... I’m gonna be like a fly on shit.

I have a great hurry up and wait routine going. Lots of Hockey, lots of golf, and barely any work. The only thing messing with my peace of mind is not getting the ball off the tee consistently. Driving me fucking NUTS. Everyone try and enjoy your time before OKC starts! This is the most calm our lives will be for a while.
My friend and I were just talking about this. I told him I got my start date and I was like “well, time to relax for the next couple months because this is the last chance I’ll get for yearsssss” lol

En

Enjoy your life while you can. I have a few friends who just graduated from okc within the last few years and keep in contact with them. Take that spontaneous trip, make that wild once-in-a-lifetime adventure happen.

I’m taking their advice and enjoying the last of my time here (hopefully) in the midwest. Because in a few months, we’ll be moving on to greater things!

My friend and I were just talking about this. I told him I got my start date and I was like “well, time to relax for the next couple months because this is the last chance I’ll get for yearsssss” lol
Haha it’s true! We really don’t know how good we have it right now. I’m wanting enroute so that’s a good 2.5-4.5 years of constant studying, learning, and training. Terminal isn’t much better either. It’s really gonna be nonstop. It makes no sense to stress and worry about waiting. Get all the fun out of you now while you still can, Niner. Make sure you pack your study pants for OKC when you go, and don’t forget about all of us still waiting for class dates while you’re cranking out 100s on evals.

En

Enjoy your life while you can. I have a few friends who just graduated from okc within the last few years and keep in contact with them. Take that spontaneous trip, make that wild once-in-a-lifetime adventure happen.

I’m taking their advice and enjoying the last of my time here (hopefully) in the midwest. Because in a few months, we’ll be moving on to greater things!
So apparently I’m doing this all wrong. I just started a new job and am currently in academy studying my brain off in addition to studying for my degree in my “free time.” I don’t have a date yet, but when I do, I think I’m going to plan a long ass road trip. What is “relaxing” anyway? ???

So apparently I’m doing this all wrong. I just started a new job and am currently in academy studying my brain off in addition to studying for my degree in my “free time.” I don’t have a date yet, but when I do, I think I’m going to plan a long ass road trip. What is “relaxing” anyway? ???
I feel that, Im working 60ish hours a week currently, but WFH helps that.

Take that road trip, I'm driving from Chicago to Cali next Friday. Just have as much fun while you can! Congrats on the new job, hopefully you have a new one soon ;)

So I was misinformed.

I emailed my Security POC just to make sure that I do have security clearance. She replied stating that my background investigation is still pending and that I was only granted a waiver. What exactly is a waiver?

I feel that, Im working 60ish hours a week currently, but WFH helps that.

Take that road trip, I'm driving from Chicago to Cali next Friday. Just have as much fun while you can! Congrats on the new job, hopefully you have a new one soon ;)
WFH?! That must be nice! I have to go stay in dorms for three weeks during academy ??
I’m wanting to head back to Colorado from Cali on said road trip (we just got 4WD ?) Prepare yourself for lots of mask wearing here in Cali! ?

So I was misinformed.

I emailed my Security POC just to make sure that I do have security clearance. She replied stating that my background investigation is still pending and that I was only granted a waiver. What exactly is a waiver?
Almost everyone starts the academy/their first facility with a conditional security clearance. You will get your full security clearance months or a year later. They don’t even tell you when you got it. I’ve been in 3 years now so I assume I have a full clearance but I was never told

Almost everyone starts the academy/their first facility with a conditional security clearance. You will get your full security clearance months or a year later. They don’t even tell you when you got it. I’ve been in 3 years now so I assume I have a full clearance but I was never told
Got it. Thank you

Edit: My Security POC called me and explained what a waiver is.

Last edited:

LOL, unfortunately, I can't afford not to work much. Disc golf is giving me my peace of mind right now... at least when I can putt.

Back
Top Bottom