Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

So I've been told by HR that classes are filled through April. My friends and I are contemplating a trip out west May 15-22. I'm worried I might get assigned a class date before the 22nd. Do you guys think I should risk it? Would HR even let me push a class date back?
I went through the academy a few years ago and they allowed me to push back my start date over a month because I was a groomsman in a wedding.

Does anyone have a read on if facilities have generally started training back up? At the airport I RPO at, the tracon is resuming training labs next week, but the tower labs are still closed till further notice, and have been since november. I'd love to know how they're looking in other parts of the country...

Does anyone have a read on if facilities have generally started training back up? At the airport I RPO at, the tracon is resuming training labs next week, but the tower labs are still closed till further notice, and have been since november. I'd love to know how they're looking in other parts of the country...
A trainee I know at Miami Center said all the trainees there are still not allowed back yet. No idea if it will last days, weeks, or months according to them

Hey for those of you who have KH for HR I know that he had to take leave. When I emailed him a few days ago they gave me another HR rep's email and told me that person would be my point of contact as far as HR goes. I emailed the new rep (DP) and I got a automated message saying they will be out of the office January 29. I was just wondering if anyone has actually got a email by her.

Hey for those of you who have KH for HR I know that he had to take leave. When I emailed him a few days ago they gave me another HR rep's email and told me that person would be my point of contact as far as HR goes. I emailed the new rep (DP) and I got a automated message saying they will be out of the office January 29. I was just wondering if anyone has actually got a email by her.

Last I heard from dp was Feb 22

I
I got this same message from DP today. Emailed her all of February without a problem.

I think about 10/15 of the people in my class have started at the new facilities. Mostly northern and Midwestern locations. And mine in the southwest.

People who were farther along in their training have been back for awhile, but for the most part, virtually all AG people are still at home. We have people at my facility who graduated OKC 6 months ago and have never set foot in the building - or even the city in one dude’s situation.

People who were farther along in their training have been back for awhile, but for the most part, virtually all AG people are still at home. We have people at my facility who graduated OKC 6 months ago and have never set foot in the building - or even the city in one dude’s situation.
are they still on the payroll?

So I went out drinking with a friend this past Saturday and I had a blast. But then afterwards I think the realization finally hit that if i get to OKC and pass everything, I'll probably be starting over somewhere across the country. I know everyone and myself included has been all anxious and ready to get a class date already, but now that I'm in a pending class date status I kinda feel like I wouldn't mind waiting a bit more, just to soak up all the time I have left where I am now. I don't want to get all philosophical and shit and I realize this is the opportunity of a lifetime but it's bittersweet at the same time. Anyone else feel the same way?

So I went out drinking with a friend this past Saturday and I had a blast. But then afterwards I think the realization finally hit that if i get to OKC and pass everything, I'll probably be starting over somewhere across the country. I know everyone and myself included has been all anxious and ready to get a class date already, but now that I'm in a pending class date status I kinda feel like I wouldn't mind waiting a bit more, just to soak up all the time I have left where I am now. I don't want to get all philosophical and shit and I realize this is the opportunity of a lifetime but it's bittersweet at the same time. Anyone else feel the same way?
That’s so funny, I just woke up and was like “I have no idea where I’m going to be after the academy” and had a little bit of anxiety. I also went out with some of my close friends Saturday because I’ve been trying to see as many friends as I can before I leave. Definitely feeling the same way. I’m more excited than anything, but today was the first time I felt a little anxious

Thanks for the tip buddy. If you have any more I’m all ears. I actually have been trying to learn more on save pay (I’m currently GS11 Step2) and from what I’m reading and how I interpret that is, I’ll continue receiving that pay at the academy. You familiar with any of that?
Your FOL should have you saving basic pay to start the academy, and until you pass that in the pay bands. Locality is obvi based on where you are.

My number one tip is to get to a level 12 ASAP, barring geographical concerns. I‘m 9 years in. Started at a lower tower, at a 12 tower now, and I made over 200k last three years.

How
Your FOL should have you saving basic pay to start the academy, and until you pass that in the pay bands. Locality is obvi based on where you are.

My number one tip is to get to a level 12 ASAP, barring geographical concerns. I‘m 9 years in. Started at a lower tower, at a 12 tower now, and I made over 200k last three years.
How much overtime was involved with that?

Damn I was expecting you to say you worked nonstop but made 200k
Whats hes not saying is we get 25% sunday pay and 10% night diff 10% to train and be cic. Its very easy to make 200k at a level 11 or 12 with high locality

Whats hes not saying is we get 25% sunday pay and 10% night diff 10% to train and be cic. Its very easy to make 200k at a level 11 or 12 with high locality
Yeah only like 14 Sunday’s and 6 holidays last year. Do make CIP here and decent locality. A few of the 4/10 people pulled over 300k when we were on mandatory 6 day weeks.

The point of my post was to illustrate that no matter whether you are terminal or enroute, if you don‘t have any geographical ties you should prioritize getting to the 12 as early as possible in your career. Compound interest will be your friend and the earlier you make it there the better for you financially in the long run based on how the government manages pay.

Back
Top Bottom