Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I have been given “special consideration” and thus medically cleared for my ongoing medical condition and my color blindness about a week ago and haven’t heard anything since.

According to a doctor on an email thread I was on, they will likely only clear me for Terminal. Do you guys think this will limit me severely with pay?

I have been given “special consideration” and thus medically cleared for my ongoing medical condition and my color blindness about a week ago and haven’t heard anything since.

According to a doctor on an email thread I was on, they will likely only clear me for Terminal. Do you guys think this will limit me severely with pay?
You'll start at a lower level facility than enroute but both enroute and terminal have level 12 facilities available. So your potential income is the same. Whether or not you can certify and transfer to another facility remains to be seen.

Just to be sure:

when I was called with my dates I was told my first date was June 29 and my second date was August 3rd

The rep clarified that 1st date is online and 2nd date is academy

however, my FOL states:

“Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Effective date: June 29, 2021”

I’m assuming it’s because they can’t write
“location: wherever you live” but it makes it sound like I’m supposed to report to OKC on that day.

Is anyone else’s “effective date” different than the “academy date” they were given over the phone?
Or does effective date = online class date

Just to be sure:

when I was called with my dates I was told my first date was June 29 and my second date was August 3rd

The rep clarified that 1st date is online and 2nd date is academy

however, my FOL states:

“Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Effective date: June 29, 2021”

I’m assuming it’s because they can’t write
“location: wherever you live” but it makes it sound like I’m supposed to report to OKC on that day.

Is anyone else’s “effective date” different than the “academy date” they were given over the phone?
Or does effective date = online class date
Effective date = online class date.

Yup, unofficial tier 2 notice for me was February 12th. Anyone have any tips to move along faster. Like who do I have to bribe here to get pushed along a little faster ha.
You can send $200 to my PayPal. I can assure you that it can't hurt your chances ?

Anyone else from this bid still stuck in Tier 2 purgatory?
Not quite, but I might be joining you soon. My medical clearance has been a real bitch and the flight surgeon reviewing my file has apparently noted that they may recommend further evaluation for me. This has been the worst part of this process so far. I am so ready leave my company after almost 10 years of suck, and the tier 2 rabbit hole would probably push that back big time.

Not quite, but I might be joining you soon. My medical clearance has been a real bitch and the flight surgeon reviewing my file has apparently noted that they may recommend further evaluation for me. This has been the worst part of this process so far. I am so ready leave my company after almost 10 years of suck, and the tier 2 rabbit hole would probably push that back big time.
I believe tier 2 refers specifically to the MMPI. If you've got other stuff going on, it MIGHT not be quite as big of a hassle.

should I be worried if I received a date a few weeks ago but haven't received/signed my FOL, I reached out for the second time to see if I am missing something-first time no reply

should I be worried if I received a date a few weeks ago but haven't received/signed my FOL, I reached out for the second time to see if I am missing something-first time no reply
What is your date? My class date is June 2nd and I received my FOL on May 12th if that gives you any sort of timeline as to around when you may receive yours. FOLs don’t come until around a month or slightly less out from your start date

What is your date? My class date is June 2nd and I received my FOL on May 12th if that gives you any sort of timeline as to around when you may receive yours. FOLs don’t come until around a month or slightly less out from your start date
July 13th, I'm guessing I interpreted I would get the FOL after I accepted the date, that seems inaccurate based on your timeline, thanks. oops probably bothering my HR rep then haha

July 20th academy FOL enroute !
I start basics 6/17, wonder if we’ll end up in the same academy
July 13th, I'm guessing I interpreted I would get the FOL after I accepted the date, that seems inaccurate based on your timeline, thanks. oops probably bothering my HR rep then haha
I was told the same as ninerfour that I would receive my FOL about a month before basics starts. I received my start date of 6/17 on 3/26 and then I got my FOL on 5/11.

I just got in a bad accident last week and totaled mine. Had to buy a new car. Just in time for OKC ? I had just put new tires on my old one and installed a hitch to pull a Uhaul to OKC too ? I feel for ya lol
ninerfour are you okay!?

Back
Top Bottom