Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Also, does anyone have recommendations for what I can study to prepare going into basics and the academy. I want to have as much of a leg up as possible to prepare myself.
Watch the ATC videos on youtube by VAS aviation, informative stuff with real-life ATC conversations. Just to get an idea of how things work.

Watch the ATC videos on youtube by VAS aviation, informative stuff with real-life ATC conversations. Just to get an idea of how things work.
I would actually advise against this. The phraseology will be different than what is taught at the academy and what you need to know there.

As previously mentioned, the Academy will teach you everything you need to know regardless of your background.

Nice, where in RI? I moved to Jersey a couple years ago from Ashaway. RI
Funny… I never heard of Ashaway until I went there Friday for work and I was born and raised in RI. But I am from Coventry but living in the bucket with the in-laws until we get outta here hopefully soon.

Also, does anyone have recommendations for what I can study to prepare going into basics and the academy. I want to have as much of a leg up as possible to prepare myself.
Listen to LiveATC and build up a passion for it before you get to the academy. It will make you actually want to learn. You may not understand what they’re saying but you will learn that at the academy. IMO there is no true upper hand. You’re going to be spoon fed all of the information you need to know and you’re going to forget most of it by the time you leave and study again at your facility and train the way they want you to train.

I can't wait for my 34 hour, 2000 mile drive from all the way up in the northeast. I'd rather suffer the long trip and have my car instead of not having one at all. I did that for a single semester in college and hated not being able to go anywhere. Also roadtripping is a blast if you can take a couple of detours to see some nice sights but I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

I can't wait for my 34 hour, 2000 mile drive from all the way up in the northeast. I'd rather suffer the long trip and have my car instead of not having one at all. I did that for a single semester in college and hated not being able to go anywhere. Also roadtripping is a blast if you can take a couple of detours to see some nice sights but I'm guessing that's not going to happen.
I’m coming from Long Island, tentative plan is to stop somewhere along the way and catch a hockey game if any are playing around that time. I’d pass a couple of NHL cities, Columbus, St. Louis, Pittsburg not terribly out of the way. But who knows, I’m still a few months away from a class date, either way I plan on driving.

I’m coming from Long Island, tentative plan is to stop somewhere along the way and catch a hockey game if any are playing around that time. I’d pass a couple of NHL cities, Columbus, St. Louis, Pittsburg not terribly out of the way. But who knows, I’m still a few months away from a class date, either way I plan on driving.
Do you know how many days we've got between basics and academy? I can probably look it up somewhere but I'm lazy.

I’m in the 10/1 Enroute class. My HR rep just said there are 7 other students in my class. Anyone else get 11/5 for their academy start date?

Where on Long Island? I’ve lived in Stony Brook, Babylon, and will be in Shirley starting this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom