Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

why could that be?
Because it's the faa. There doesn't have to be a reason
I like that answer better than thinking they hate me.

As far as why, its anyone's guess. I just assume its a mix of random unluckiness or maybe I just barely made it above the line for qualified-ness. I retook the ATSA for the third time last friday so we'll see in a few weeks again I guess

I like that answer better than thinking they hate me.

As far as why, its anyone's guess. I just assume its a mix of random unluckiness or maybe I just barely made it above the line for qualified-ness. I retook the ATSA for the third time last friday so we'll see in a few weeks again I guess

Dude, I am so tired of taking the ATSA, haha. I go into the facility and they call me a ATSA veteran now. I just want a TOL! I'll keep trying till I age out, its a nice gig if I get picked up and if it doesn't, oh well, wasn't meant to.

Good luck!

Edit: I noticed they had new logic reasoning problems this year. I feel like they were harder than they were last year.

Dude, I am so tired of taking the ATSA, haha. I go into the facility and they call me a ATSA veteran now. I just want a TOL! I'll keep trying till I age out, its a nice gig if I get picked up and if it doesn't, oh well, wasn't meant to.

Good luck!

Edit: I noticed they had new logic reasoning problems this year. I feel like they were harder than they were last year.
OK i'm really glad you said something about the logic questions because I noticed that too haha. I wasn't sure if they really reused them or if I did something wrong my second time but I was really throw off with the new questions this time around.

I should add, SOME were the same. The "leather chairs in first class" one and "helicopters on the weekend" one for me at least.

OK i'm really glad you said something about the logic questions because I noticed that too haha. I wasn't sure if they really reused them or if I did something wrong my second time but I was really throw off with the new questions this time around.

I should add, SOME were the same. The "leather chairs in first class" one and "helicopters on the weekend" one for me at least.

Yeah those were the same but some of the new ones I had no idea what the answer was. I had to guess. The medical card one was extremely confusing.

I think they had to change it because there was a lot of cheating going around. Our facilitator had us slightly pull up our pants so he can see our ankles because someone snuck in a piece of paper wrapped around their ankle with answers into one of the facilities this testing period.

I didn't have either of those questions

I mean. Not really. Only had to do it once. And it didn't warrant me having to take a day off work, or staying the night somewhere. Less than 5 hours is a good deal to me
No, the drive itself isn't bad, but to drive longer one way than it takes to actually do the test is what gets me. I would probably drive that far, unless my only test site was Chicago. I fucking hate driving to Chicago.

No, the drive itself isn't bad, but to drive longer one way than it takes to actually do the test is what gets me. I would probably drive that far, unless my only test site was Chicago. I fucking hate driving to Chicago.
I don't know man. I'm prior air Force. Prior FAA. Current contract tower controller. Of all the places I've been, the faa has/had the best work conditions. Leave, benefits, pay, work life etc. But. The one thing it's missing (in my opinion) is the comraderie that some DOD places have. Granted it's all dependant on who you work with, but DOD is more of a family.

So.. what I'm getting at is: if you have the opportunity to have a shot at a job like this, with very minimal (or no experience) and all you have to do is drive 8 hours.... It's worth it. And yes, I am throwing shade at the people who were complaining about it or saying the faa should pay you for it.

So got an email from the testing center, stating that my test got canceled. Called to see if there were any future dates I could schedule. Nope. Asked if there are any testing centers around my state that are open or will open within now - June 14th, Nope.

The testing agent then told me that FAA will supposedly extend the last testing date due to COVID-19, and they would send out emails to people that got their tests cancelled.

Can anyone confirm this?

Back
Top Bottom