Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I'm ready.

When I was in the navy I told one of my new guys to ask the chief engineer for the keys to the sea chest. Let's say I got a talking to about hazing lmao
That's great though. In the airlines, we would tell people that the captain needs the keys from maintenance, and then send them to go get them. It is better when multiple people play along. This one guy spent 3 hours getting bounced around the airport, long after the flight departed. Poor kid, it was his first job out of high school.

Another one was to give the new guy a bag and tell him to take the captain an air sample. Follow them through the jetway and to the cockpit and the look on the pilot's faces was always priceless. Fewer people fell for this one but it was funny none the less.

edit: wording

Dang :/ congrats on your new job!! I’m sorta in the same boat? I got referred BQ P2 and I’m afraid I won’t pass medical clearance because of high blood pressure (if I get a TOL) currently working on it tho.

Has anyone with any similar condition underwent their medical and passed/had an issue?

Dang, I only just checked usajobs now as I've been busy. Apparently I'm BQ referred, last time I was BQ not referred. I did not retake AT-SA...

In other news, last month, I started a new job, during the pandemic, in the IT field that pays more than what a long term/veteran CPC would get in a high cost of living area in just monetary compensation. Plus, they have stock options and what have you, and I DON'T live in a high cost of living area.

FAA has also deferred my PPL medical certificate with Federal Air Surgeon's office in DC for nearly 2 years now due to medical history. There has been no formal denial or issuance at all yet. I'd likely have to tier 2 if I were to actually get a TOL and elect to start the process due to the medical history that is causing this endless deferral.

I don't know how I feel about anything anymore...I don't trust FAA as they can't simply figure me out and let me know if I can even fly a plane solo legally in a reasonable period of time, it's like the world is telling me to stay in tech. I mean, I'm ok here as is in tech, but would controlling/aviation be worth risking all I have? Lol.
I was in a similar situation before I decided to try ATC. I was a software engineer at one of the biggest tech companies making better money, with better benefits, in the place I wanted to live. I am currently at the Academy a few days away from nonradar evals.

It's not worth it unless you believe this is the job that will make you excited to wake up every day for 20-30 years. First, it seems like you'll go through hell getting your medical and once you have your medical you could lose it at any moment. You will probably have to uproot your life to go to somewhere you might not want to go. How does getting sent to NY Center sound where it takes 3+ years to check out with a 30% success rate? That's assuming you pass the academy which is not a guarantee even though it seems totally reasonable to do from my experience thus far. I think a lot of high paying corporate jobs are a lot more flexible . . . scheduling vacation, working from home, going to the gym in the middle of the day. I don't want to sound all doom and gloom because ATC has its perks (many of which I have not experienced).

This job is for people who either really love the work and/or people who love the money (and benefits) and don't really have other equivalent career options.

My friend applied this bid and was invited to take the ATSA, but the test was cancelled due to Covid, and he was told he'd be emailed to reschedule. No email yet for him. Anyone else in the same boat?

First time posting and new to the forum. I applied to the Jan 2020 bit and took the ATSA in may. I received notification around 6/25/20 that I am referred, Pool 1, and BQ. I haven't received any emails from the FAA but when I called the they said the first round of TOL's have been sent out. Am I still in the running and does anyone have any guidance.

First time posting and new to the forum. I applied to the Jan 2020 bit and took the ATSA in may. I received notification around 6/25/20 that I am referred, Pool 1, and BQ. I haven't received any emails from the FAA but when I called the they said the first round of TOL's have been sent out. Am I still in the running and does anyone have any guidance.
If they’ve been sent out and you didn’t receive one, your USAJobs profile should say “Not selected”. Check your email, spam folder too.

I don’t think they’ve been sent out...no one has received one lol when did you call and get that info? People would’ve posted on here and the Facebook group I’m in if they got one and no one has.

OTS, Referred, Best Qualified.

Random question for those who have been through everything: I use Creatine during workouts. I know most places that’s no issues since it’s not an illegal substance, but does anyone know anything about the test they use? I don’t want a false positive for steroids lol

OTS, Referred, Best Qualified.

Random question for those who have been through everything: I use Creatine during workouts. I know most places that’s no issues since it’s not an illegal substance, but does anyone know anything about the test they use? I don’t want a false positive for steroids lol
Creatine is not a steroid ??. So if you think you may have steroids in your system, that’s because you’re probably taking some. If not, there’s nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom