Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

People from the ‘19 bid are going to the academy in 2021. I wouldn’t be surprised if they wait for the second set of ATSA scores to continue your bid.

For some perspective, I got a TOL for the FSS bid, which was out around the same time as the ATC one. They have us doing all of the pre-employment stuff except for the MMPI. They also didn't wait for all of the AT-SAs to be taken. No MMPI = No Final Offer Letter = No Virtual Basics either.

So really, even if you did hear something now, it's kind of a false hope since there's a bottleneck for all of us. I know some people are up in the air about finding other jobs between now and the Academy, but there's no reason to put your life on hold for a tentative offer.

Last edited:
Don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I got an email from Skyharbor HR about some stuff for an internship I was doing when COVID hit that they haven't been able to catch up on because they weren't allowed in the building. I imagine if they're sending an email now non-essential employees might be back. I wonder what that could mean for MMPI's?

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up but I got an email from Skyharbor HR about some stuff for an internship I was doing when COVID hit that they haven't been able to catch up on because they weren't allowed in the building. I imagine if they're sending an email now non-essential employees might be back. I wonder what that could mean for MMPI's?
There are no non essential people back in facilities anywhere yet.

Some office staff might be allowed back at some places on a part time, or even full time status. Also, the return of NE and office staff is predicated mainly on a facility by facility basis with the approval of regional and national.

Now, what so many fail to understand is that it doesn’t matter if you get to take the MMPI today, tomorrow or even next month. You’ll still be waiting for an academy date until at a minimum, next year, potentially later than that due to reduced training ability. And EVEN further down the line, assuming you got a TOL, FOL, got to the academy, passed the academy. You’ll be waiting for quite some time to actually train at your facility. Some facilities may move faster, 32’s for example seems to be moving quicker than most. You guys are coming into an already slow process that has now been drastically reduced even further.

We aren’t telling you to not get excited. We are telling you to go live your life and when the time comes hopefully you’ll get the email you wish for.

When the group of my bid that did not take the ATSA finally take it, will this cause the scores to change or is the score we obtained set for this announcement at least?

Some office staff might be allowed back at some places on a part time, or even full time status. Also, the return of NE and office staff is predicated mainly on a facility by facility basis with the approval of regional and national.

Now, what so many fail to understand is that it doesn’t matter if you get to take the MMPI today, tomorrow or even next month. You’ll still be waiting for an academy date until at a minimum, next year, potentially later than that due to reduced training ability. And EVEN further down the line, assuming you got a TOL, FOL, got to the academy, passed the academy. You’ll be waiting for quite some time to actually train at your facility. Some facilities may move faster, 32’s for example seems to be moving quicker than most. You guys are coming into an already slow process that has now been drastically reduced even further.

We aren’t telling you to not get excited. We are telling you to go live your life and when the time comes hopefully you’ll get the email you wish for.

I know a few of the facilities where I grew up are changing some of their training requirements. One of them was reducing traffic volume (which is down due to COVID anyway) required for being signed off/complete training. I Can’t speak for every facility but I feel like some are adjusting their training accordingly to prevent or help contain this huge backlog. OKC though, I can’t say the same.

I know a few of the facilities where I grew up are changing some of their training requirements. One of them was reducing traffic volume (which is down due to COVID anyway) required for being signed off/complete training. I Can’t speak for every facility but I feel like some are adjusting their training accordingly to prevent or help contain this huge backlog. OKC though, I can’t say the same.

Every facility is changing their requirements. But it’s going to do little to nothing to contain the situation. People are going to retire as one example and now we don’t have as much of a trainee availability to replace them with. People who were in the system such as myself who had made it to stage 3 dysim have an ok shot at it, but even at us, we have been delayed so much it’s gonna take forever for each area/facility to recover.

This doesn’t even address the fact that not everybody who certifies on this traffic will be able to handle pre-Covid traffic levels. Sure they should be able to move up with traffic but it doesn’t mean that they will. Hell, I’m one of those who will probably certify on lower traffic and work to keep up with traffic as it increases. Hopefully I can handle it, I can’t arguably say because I haven’t even been to the floor as a d-side.

I want you to be right, for obvious reasons. But I’d be extremely shocked if it was before the new year that we got back in the building.

My area isn’t putting the r-side people into the dysim until the end of the month at best. Not looking to be a whole lot of emphasis being put on speedy returns. My Z is definitely more of a slow pace to get people back in the building.

Not sure about your facility, but I'm an RPO at a large tower and we resumed training sims this week.

4fk6p9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom