Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

man, it's only been a week but it feels longer. so if you made it they will contact you after review of applications? you don't have to keep checking your status on the website right?

man, it's only been a week but it feels longer. so if you made it they will contact you after review of applications? you don't have to keep checking your status on the website right?
Yeah, you can turn email notifications on USAjobs on and it sends out an emial at midnight if there is a status change. 95% of the time this thread blows up though when anything happens so...

For everyone waiting just be patient and go on with your life because it’s gonna be awhile. Here was my time from the 2019 bid:

I applied 6/15/19
Took the ATSA 10/03/19
Got my score back BQ 10/27/19
Got my TOL 11/15/19
Did my CIL first week of January
Assigned terminal 3/04/20
Was supposed to start 6/23/20
Actually started 12/15/20
Finished 2/08/21

For everyone waiting just be patient and go on with your life because it’s gonna be awhile. Here was my time from the 2019 bid:

I applied 6/15/19
Took the ATSA 10/03/19
Got my TOL 11/15/19
Finished 2/08/21
Academy shut down?

I wonder what the odds of people with WQ will get TOL again. In the past, barely any got a TOL that scored below BQ, but last bid was kind of an outlier because of covid

I wonder what the odds of people with WQ will get TOL again. In the past, barely any got a TOL that scored below BQ, but last bid was kind of an outlier because of covid
there were a select few who only got Q that received a TOL who didn't take the ATSA until this year due to COVID.

I applied 6/15/19
Took the ATSA 10/03/19
Got my TOL 11/15/19
Finished 2/08/21
Congrats! Which facility are you in right now?

Did you finish with a strong enough score to be one of the first few to call dibs on a facility? I've seen a lot of people here say to avoid up/downs because they're hard to get out of once you certify.
My list had 6 up/downs and 2 tower only's, neither of which I wanted to go to so I was kinda forced to choose an up/down. I was interested in an up/down anyway because radar controlling interests me but yes if you get terminal your best bet is to go to a tower only because you will certify faster and be able to leave faster. Your facility needs to be above 80% faster staffing to be able to leave so not only do you certify faster at a tower only but the people behind you certify faster so tower only's can hit 80% more often than an up/down.

My list had 6 up/downs and 2 tower only's, neither of which I wanted to go to so I was kinda forced to choose an up/down. I was interested in an up/down anyway because radar controlling interests me but yes if you get terminal your best bet is to go to a tower only because you will certify faster and be able to leave faster. Your facility needs to be above 80% faster staffing to be able to leave so not only do you certify faster at a tower only but the people behind you certify faster so tower only's can hit 80% more often than an up/down.
Were the tower-only facilities at shithole places? lol

I thought the facility had to be above 85% to be able to release, so it's actually 80%?

One was St Thomas and I have no interest in living on an island, the other was Ontario and I have no interest living in California
Sometime I live vicariously through this website and I saw a list with St. Thomas on it, and I had to have a real talk with myself if I would really be able to do it, and if I would actually enjoy myself. Sitting and looking at lists makes you really understand what you want and what you would be ok with in life haha

Back
Top Bottom