Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Sometime I live vicariously through this website and I saw a list with St. Thomas on it, and I had to have a real talk with myself if I would really be able to do it, and if I would actually enjoy myself. Sitting and looking at lists makes you really understand what you want and what you would be ok with in life haha
It was probably my list you saw. My class had the last St Thomas. My classmate who chose it said it cost him $3000 to ship his car there which I wouldn't have been able to afford at the time. Plus island/ beach life just doesn't interest me. People say it's paradise but I'd rather be in the mountains myself

I had a question about the hiring process anyone that knows a good bit of info on it a reply would be greatly appreciated, so i enlisted in 2015 doing air traffic control for the USMC, I selected pool 1 for the veterans preference but since Im not 30% disabled I'm a 5 point vet right? does my 4 years of experience doing air traffic control help my odds or is the veterans preference about the only help I'm going to get from that. like is it just checks in a box or do they read the applications to determine whose the most qualified applicants? (side note: i wasn't able to get my CTO which is why I have to go with an OTS bid, due to a mix of field ops deployments and training delays took me 3 and a half years but I finally made it to Local and my 100% check ride was scheduled for march 2020 and well due to covid my training was stopped and I was to ride out my contract working the positions I was qualified on as part of crucial manning.

Sometime I live vicariously through this website and I saw a list with St. Thomas on it, and I had to have a real talk with myself if I would really be able to do it, and if I would actually enjoy myself. Sitting and looking at lists makes you really understand what you want and what you would be ok with in life haha
Yea, St. Thomas wouldn't work for me lol.

Char Pop: Can't speak to the vet pref but no, your ATC experience means nothing if you weren't "facility rated" and didn't have a CTO.

It was probably my list you saw. My class had the last St Thomas. My classmate who chose it said it cost him $3000 to ship his car there which I wouldn't have been able to afford at the time. Plus island/ beach life just doesn't interest me. People say it's paradise but I'd rather be in the mountains myself
Haha yeah, I wouldn't have done that. I would have tried to find a motorcycle or bike or something to ride around. I actually never even thought about shipping a car over...

Yea, St. Thomas wouldn't work for me lol.
I would have been ok. I'm single, no kids, no girlfriend, and from the center of the dam US and I really just want to get out, whether its for a little or forever. There's really only a few places I would be uncomfortable with.

I had a question about the hiring process anyone that knows a good bit of info on it a reply would be greatly appreciated, so i enlisted in 2015 doing air traffic control for the USMC, I selected pool 1 for the veterans preference but since Im not 30% disabled I'm a 5 point vet right? does my 4 years of experience doing air traffic control help my odds or is the veterans preference about the only help I'm going to get from that. like is it just checks in a box or do they read the applications to determine whose the most qualified applicants? (side note: i wasn't able to get my CTO which is why I have to go with an OTS bid, due to a mix of field ops deployments and training delays took me 3 and a half years but I finally made it to Local and my 100% check ride was scheduled for march 2020 and well due to covid my training was stopped and I was to ride out my contract working the positions I was qualified on as part of crucial manning.
I too enlisted in 2015 for USMC ATC, do I know you? lmk if you recognize my name, also I can answer some of your vet preference questions

For everyone waiting just be patient and go on with your life because it’s gonna be awhile. Here was my time from the 2019 bid:

I applied 6/15/19
Took the ATSA 10/03/19
Got my score back BQ 10/27/19
Got my TOL 11/15/19
Did my CIL first week of January
Assigned terminal 3/04/20
Was supposed to start 6/23/20
Actually started 12/15/20
Finished 2/08/21
When did you receive an ATSA invitation?

Back
Top Bottom