Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Lol,

They're clearly raising the bar on the AT-SA. I think this is going to backfire on the FAA though. I can see a lot of devout gamers doing great on that test but probably doing terrible at the real deal and the academy.

But hey, I am between TOL and FOL right now from the last bid, so as I have no real atc experience yet, beats me if those skills really would help THAT much...

Lol,

They're clearly raising the bar on the AT-SA. I think this is going to backfire on the FAA though. I can see a lot of devout gamers doing great on that test but probably doing terrible at the real deal and the academy.

But hey, I am between TOL and FOL right now from the last bid, so as I have no real atc experience yet, beats me if those skills really would help THAT much...
You think they will make ATSA easier since they are trying to hire so many people?

You think they will make ATSA easier since they are trying to hire so many people?
Doubt it, if anything, when I say "raise the bar", I mean that the average score in the pool would increase with more video game players. They'd get applicants with better cognitive skills that way in pool 2 in particular.

As a pool 2 applicant who did in fact get a BQ score when she took the exam earlier, I would say without a doubt that my time with the atcprep software, along with a childhood of playing tons video games definitely helped. That and maybe the fact I also fly planes got me referred during the app process?...idk ?‍♀️

Last edited:
Doubt it, if anything, when I say "raise the bar", I mean the that the average score in the pool would increase with more video game players. They'd get applicants with better cognitive skills that way in pool 2 in particular.

As a pool 2 applicant who did in fact get a BQ score when she took the exam earlier, I would say without a doubt that my time with the atcprep software, along with a childhood of playing tons video games definitely helped. That and maybe the fact I also fly planes got me referred during the app process?...idk ?‍♀️
I'm picking up what you are putting down. :)

For those that are still trying to submit application, try again. I got mine submitted no problem.

For those that are still trying to submit application, try again. I got mine submitted no problem.
Well you’re lucky, because I’ve been trying all morning, and I’ve only been able to get to the 3rd or 4th page until it tells me to contact technical support again

I'm applying to Pool 1 as a CTI grad. Anyone know if I should still add work experience to the resume builder even if its not relevant to ATC?
Treat this like any other job and fill out your resume with all relevant experience. You’re good based on the schooling but you never know.

I was able to submit after many attempts so if you are having a hard time just be persistent and eventually you’ll get there. Good luck everyone !

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

Back
Top Bottom