Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

I've been using JTP and ATC, just practicing as much as I can, so my question for anyone who has taken the ATSA before, how long is the ATC simulation on the real test? JTP lets you choose between 5, 10, 15 or no limit, I just want to be practicing as much to the real thing as possible

I've been using JTP and ATC, just practicing as much as I can, so my question for anyone who has taken the ATSA before, how long is the ATC simulation on the real test? JTP lets you choose between 5, 10, 15 or no limit, I just want to be practicing as much to the real thing as possible
That's a real good question and one I've aksed Arbel, JBT's manager, about via email.

This is what he told me: "From what I know there are about 2-3 parts for the ATC sim, each time getting harder, and in each part it’s getting harder every time, with about 15-30 sessions of balls entering the screen in each part. I’m not sure exactly how long each section goes."

So what I've been doing is practicing the hardest section for 5 minutes at a time since the hardest section won't be the whole collision test. But it would be helpful if someone had an idea as to how long they thought the collision sim ran for.

Every "game" in the first part is really long. Way longer than I expected. I dont remember how long it was because it's been 2 years since I took it but it felt like forever

Does anyone have a technique on how they do the math so fast in their head during the ATC sim? Especially ones where the answers are decimals and all of the choices are super similar. Or do you just pick your best guess? In that case, would it be better to not answer them or randomly guess even if it's wrong?

Does anyone have a technique on how they do the math so fast in their head during the ATC sim? Especially ones where the answers are decimals and all of the choices are super similar. Or do you just pick your best guess? In that case, would it be better to not answer them or randomly guess even if it's wrong?
I randomly guessed everything that I couldn’t do/read the whole problem since I was just focusing not to crash the planes. Still had like about 5 collisions but I’d say I pretty much answered all the math problems. Scored BQ

I randomly guessed everything that I couldn’t do/read the whole problem since I was just focusing not to crash the planes. Still had like about 5 collisions but I’d say I pretty much answered all the math problems. Scored BQ
I plan on not answering the math if I have balls on my screen. Is that bad? lol

Yea I read on one of the old forums that some people only answered a handful of the math questions because it's just there to distract you and they still scored BQ

Focus on the balls!!

This^^ Focus on the balls first. Answer math if you can. The math problems can seem ridiculous but a quick glance at the possible answers will usually give you a good educated guess as to the right one. But only worry about the math if/when you have a moment.

Yes focus on the games and not the math. Only do the math if you can but it's a distraction. They're trying to see if you'll pay attention to the math or separating targets, which the job kinda requires lol. I hardly answered any math questions

Just popping in to say good luck to everyone! Don’t worry too much, it’s a long and bumpy ride but you do eventually come out the other end.

Throwing in my two cents while I’m at it:

You’ll want to be relaxed when you take the test, as much as you can. Shake off any failures or mistakes you make and get back to the test, they’re looking to see whether or not you can handle the stress.

Do you loose points if you answer a math question incorrectly vs not answering at all?
No one knows for sure, but I will say that this was the only thing I really did different between the two times that I tested. The first time around I ignored all the math questions on the flying balls game and came out with Q, second time around I did a few questions for that section and ended up as BQ.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere. Right after the ATSA do you find out if you scored BQ / Q / NQ? Or is that what takes a few weeks after the last test?
On the site it says check the AVIATOR site through USA Jobs 3 weeks after the close of the testing period which would technically be New Years Eve.

I am not sure if anyone has answered or asked this question yet, But does anyone have any idea of potential start date for this round of hiring considering we meet the qualifications?

I am not sure if anyone has answered or asked this question yet, But does anyone have any idea of potential start date for this round of hiring considering we meet the qualifications?
The very first class dates from my bid in 2019 was mid December and our bid opened in mid June. But that was before covid delays and the academy was shut down for 4 months in 2020 so idk if they caught back up yet or not

I was an eager beaver and took the test right away. I can try to help with any questions. Biggest takeaway is that the simulation game is much easier than the practice was on JTP. I was doing the hardest setting and the test version was a breeze comparatively, probably closer to the medium and even easy setting at times. The math questions are still hard to get, they flash much quicker on the actual test.

Back
Top Bottom